ADVERTISEMENT

NU is after 6-foot-5 Ohio safety Garner Wallace

Damn this fella is talented. A 4:16 mile as a junior is very impressive. Hope his fast twitch muscles are equally developed.

Reactions: runawayCat
Damn this fella is talented. A 4:16 mile as a junior is very impressive. Hope his fast twitch muscles are equally developed.

He ran that as a sophomore. That was from 2019. Track season was canceled this year.

Reactions: DaCat
That's an odd combination. Good to know he knows which side his bread is buttered.

He ran that as a sophomore. That was from 2019. Track season was canceled this year.

Even more impressive. That's elite for a sophomore. My son played soccer with a kid who ended up going to Stanford on a track scholarship, who ran a similar time as a sophomore, and was a 4:01 minute miler as a h.s. senior.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Alex used the mile run as a welcome back to two a days in the late 60s. Nobody broke 5:00 minutes. I think Rich Dean was the winner at 5:08 and everybody else was pretty sad!
Different era.

Although it would have been a lot of fun to watch massive linemen like Strief, Ulrich, Essex, Porcelli, and Thiry run the mile.

If you’re not looking closely, his first name appears as GAMER. That’s pretty solid.

If Wallace is so fast and tall- my question is why don't we use him as a wr?? Is defense his choice? I don't understand??
He may not have good enough hands to play WR at the next level? It’s not easy, and the thought of a 6’5 safety is intriguing. IFWT.

Even more impressive. That's elite for a sophomore. My son played soccer with a kid who ended up going to Stanford on a track scholarship, who ran a similar time as a sophomore, and was a 4:01 minute miler as a h.s. senior.

As impressive as it is, how well he runs a mile translates very little to the football field I would think. His 20 yard and 40 yard dashes and especially his shuttle would be more helpful. Maybe his 100. But, he probably isn’t even going to run a full mile all game.

I guess you might look at his long distance capability as a reflection of his endurance though as I guess he points out in the article. But, you don’t need to run a 4 minute mile to have the necessary endurance to not fade in games.

Last edited:
If he's a good athlete, they'll figure out where to play him. WR, S, LB, TE.
As impressive as it is, how well he runs a mile translates very little to the football field I would think. His 20 yard and 40 yard dashes and especially his shuttle would be more helpful. Maybe his 100. But, he probably isn’t even going to run a full mile all game.

I guess you might look at his long distance capability as a reflection of his endurance though as I guess he points out in the article. But, you don’t need to run a 4 minute mile to have the necessary endurance to not fade in games.

If he runs a 4:16 mile as a sophomore, I'll bet he has a nice 400m and 200m time, and a sub 4.70s 40-yard time. Intriguing.

Reactions: Zootcat
If he's a good athlete, they'll figure out where to play him. WR, S, LB, TE.

If he runs a 4:16 mile as a sophomore, I'll bet he has a nice 400m and 200m time, and a sub 4.70s 40-yard time. Intriguing.
Can anybody speculate what our chances are with Wallace?? He seems like a really good recruit- who is our competition?

A bit misleading. There is a thread on Wallace, but it’s not really talking much about Wallace in depth nor is there an answer to mickbula’s question.

You might want to read some other threads. There is a post that literally offers a % chance of us landing GW. mickbula should look as well.

CoralSpringsCat said:

Check the Rock. Discussing Wallace in depth over there.

A bit misleading. There is a thread on Wallace, but it’s not really talking much about Wallace in depth nor is there an answer to mickbula’s question.
[/quote]
I agree, not the only time that the rock has been falsely promoted.

Takes a special bunch to complain about a product that would cost you less than two quarters for the next year, but here we are.

Well, I looked around as prompted, and still couldn’t find this in depth discussion. The Rock often has nuggets of interest, usually in the form of substance from LouV, but discussion on Wallace isn’t one of them. The thread I saw speaks more about our WR depth (with no real insight) than about the recruit himself.

I don’t really see the discussion on the Rock being much different from the main board, really. Both have a bunch of people sharing their views on NU football. People except for Lou are generally equally ignorant, and if not ignorant then certainly full of themselves. You get it heaps of it on both boards, so I don’t really discern a difference.

Sometimes, there is a little bit more critical material on the Rock, by those who don’t it to be as publicly disseminated and more willing to be free-speaking and critical of the program or players or recruits, but then you also have a ton of criticism on the free board by non-subscribers, so I don’t really see much of a difference.

Takes a special bunch to complain about a product that would cost you less than two quarters for the next year, but here we are.

Well, I’m not complaining. I pay $99 bucks a year, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. Like I said, I subscribe because you get breaking news (mainly from Lou) on stuff, but there isn’t a whole lot of privileged insight otherwise relative to the free board. Lou’s content is worth it to me (along with much of the Rivals behind the wall content), but sorry if I don’t see the privilege of posting or reading posts by the same people on the free board as being a reason to pay. Occasionally, you’ll get a nugget here and there, but not enough without Lou’s stuff that it would be worth it. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Well, I’m not complaining. I pay $99 bucks a year, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. Like I said, I subscribe because you get breaking news (mainly from Lou) on stuff, but there isn’t a whole lot of privileged insight otherwise relative to the free board. Lou’s content is worth it to me (along with much of the Rivals behind the wall content), but sorry if I don’t see the privilege of posting or reading posts by the same people on the free board as being a reason to pay. Occasionally, you’ll get a nugget here and there, but not enough without Lou’s stuff that it would be worth it. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

You have a very interesting concept of "not complaining."

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
You might want to read some other threads. There is a post that literally offers a % chance of us landing GW. mickbula should look as well.

Oh, my bad. I found it buried in another thread on the 2021 recruiting class. Yes, one unnamed person made a wild assed guess at the % chance of landing GW along with 2 other WR recruits, which along with subsequent discussion on an alum who played many years ago being from the school and whether that largely in itself (as there really was no other reason for the guess) justifies said person’s wild assed guess. Except GW isn’t even being offered as a WR, so if you want to take that as an in depth discussion that is worth the $99 a year subscription, be my guest. This said, it just might be worth $0.49 to some people. Not me, but some people.

Last edited:
You have a very interesting concept of "not complaining."

I have no complaints about paying my subscription and the quality of Lou V’s content that justifies it.

I suppose I am complaining about the misleading promotions of this in depth discussion on the Rock. Complaint isn’t the word I’d use, though. Just an observation about a claim made by someone that I felt was misleading.

Let me be clear: the $99 is well worth the content that LouV and other Rivals content providers give, if you like as much insight as you can get on NU football and recruiting, IMHO. IMHO, I wouldn’t pay two quarters for the privilege of reading and posting any so called in-depth discussion on the Rock otherwise (except again for LouV’s I PREDICTS and other unpublished content). To each their own though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this.

I have no complaints about paying my subscription and the quality of Lou V’s content that justifies it.

I suppose I am complaining about the misleading promotions of this in depth discussion on the Rock. Complaint isn’t the word I’d use, though. Just an observation about a claim made by someone that I felt was misleading.

Let me be clear: the $99 is well worth the content that LouV and other Rivals content providers give, if you like as much insight as you can get on NU football and recruiting, IMHO. IMHO, I wouldn’t pay two quarters for the privilege of reading and posting any so called in-depth discussion on the Rock otherwise (except again for LouV’s I PREDICTS and other unpublished content). To each their own though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this.

Totally not complaining.

For such a smart guy; you say some awfully stupid stuff.

really don't know how got this kid is. I'll leave that to the "experts" and just think he might have not stopped growing. A 6-8'/6-9' safety would be something to see!

really don't know how got this kid is. I'll leave that to the "experts" and just think he might have not stopped growing. A 6-8'/6-9' safety would be something to see!

If he keeps growing, he may get on Chris Collins' radar.

Oh, my bad. I found it buried in another thread on the 2021 recruiting class. Yes, one unnamed person made a wild assed guess at the % chance of landing GW along with 2 other WR recruits, which along with subsequent discussion on an alum who played many years ago being from the school and whether that largely in itself (as there really was no other reason for the guess) justifies said person’s wild assed guess. Except GW isn’t even being offered as a WR, so if you want to take that as an in depth discussion that is worth the $99 a year subscription, be my guest. This said, it just might be worth $0.49 to some people. Not me, but some people.

Wild ass guess, huh? LOL.

I’d like to know his 40 or 100 times. Long distance and sprints don’t usually match well.

Maybe some here are old enough to remember the old “Superstars” competition on ABC every Saturday, where professional athletes competed in a variety of events.

One year everyone thought that world sprint record holder Carl Lewis would win the mile. He nearly came in last against MLB and NFL stars.

Thrm again, Defensive Lineman Hall of Famer Alan Page, ran marathons towards the end of his NFL career.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT