ADVERTISEMENT

NU LANDS 3-STAR OLB JAYLEN RIVERS

Wait I confused him for Jaylan Franklin, NU is recruiting this kid as an OLB?

Where did you expect to see him at? Obviously, needs to add strength but is still maturing. His tape looks real good. Flys around the field like Mann our other OLB recruit. Nice under the radar pick up. Long is doing the job in GA.

Love the pic with Ant. We will get mileage out of Ant leaving for the league a year early. This kid will be a good player.

I didn't watch any of his tape. I clicked on his profile look at his offer list and saw he's 6'2" 190 and was listed as a WR

I didn't watch any of his tape. I clicked on his profile look at his offer list and saw he's 6'2" 190 and was listed as a WR

He had a long list of offers but I would say NU was the biggest name on the list so maybe you play LB instead of WR.

Anyone named jalen/jaylon/jaylen etc. is essentially named after jalen rose - his mom combined the names of two of his uncles jay and Len and made up the name - it didn't exist before him. Variations of it are very popular now. Not saying anything one way or the other - just a fun fact

I was the first to post the Ismaeli comparison GCG. It's a fair one. Even though Ismaeli was a DB, he had an uncanny knack for sifting through garbage at and behind the LOS to make plays. Same with Rivers.

GOUNUII

Yes, I remember reading your post. I saw the same thing after I rewatched the highlights.

I was the first to post the Ismaeli comparison GCG. It's a fair one. Even though Ismaeli was a DB, he had an uncanny knack for sifting through garbage at and behind the LOS to make plays. Same with Rivers.

GOUNUII

I don't disagree that Ismaeli was a great player. I'm saying it's a little unfair to the kid to throw out an Ismaeli comp. Hudi was drafted into the NFL despite some pretty significant baggage because he was such a special athlete. Don't think you can say that about this kid based exclusively on HS tape.

I don't disagree that Ismaeli was a great player. I'm saying it's a little unfair to the kid to throw out an Ismaeli comp. Hudi was drafted into the NFL despite some pretty significant baggage because he was such a special athlete. Don't think you can say that about this kid based exclusively on HS tape.
It's a message board, don't think the kid will get undue pressure from fans making a comparison. All in good fun.

GOUNUII

Sorry - but don't see it, at least not yet. Ismaeli was a pretty rare talent, haven't seen him in even the best players we've had over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT