ADVERTISEMENT

NU looks to sweep Wisconsin for first time since 1995-96

"Scoring was an issue all night. Only Boo Buie and Chase Audige scored 10 or more points. No one else scored more than six."

After I read this line, I stopped reading the article.

While factually correct, it implies that the blame goes to everybody other than Buie and Audige. Thats just ridiculous. Audige made 4 of 16 field goal attempts. Barnhizer was 3 of 6. Nicholson 2 of 4. Roper 2 of 2. Berry 1 of 4. Beran 0 for 4.

Buie was 9 for 19, including 3 of 6 from distance.

Audige and Beran were the reasons for our poor performance on offense. No need to sugarcoat it or place the blame elsewhere.

Reactions: Figrating
Sometimes you must call a spade the f'g shovel.

Lost to Iowa because Iowa is just a bunch of great shooters. (Iowa vs Purdue should be fun.) Lost to UM because NU inexplicably played one of their worst games.

But time to put all that behind us. The season will likely turn on this game. What have we been watching, a team that CCC and company have coached up to be winners or a team that can only win if it's lucky?

GO CATS!

That sweep in 95-96 was the only 2 conference games we won that season. My freshman year. Such a bad team outside of Geno C.

That sweep in 95-96 was the only 2 conference games we won that season. My freshman year. Such a bad team outside of Geno C.
They also had a freshman named Evan Eschmeyer. So, two NBA players and…not a whole lot else. They went 7-20.

Reactions: Secho99
They also had a freshman named Evan Eschmeyer. So, two NBA players and…not a whole lot else. They went 7-20.
That’s right, there was Esch that year and he was indeed the clear 2nd-best guy on the team. For some reason I remember the Dan Kreft experience more that year.

That’s right, there was Esch that year and he was indeed the clear 2nd-best guy on the team. For some reason I remember the Dan Kreft experience more that year.
When did Esch get injured? Was it his frosh year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT