ADVERTISEMENT

NU Schedule?

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
Unless I missed it, there hasn't been any formal announcement of when the college basketball season will begin. I did see that many Nov/Dec tournaments that ESPN is a part of will be moved to Orlando once the NBA moves out, which tells me that college basketball is indeed happening somewhat on time. I would also imagine that with everything the Big Ten used to support starting football on October 24th, they will use roughly the same measures to ensure other Fall/Winter sports happen.

All that being said, has anyone seen anything or have any information on when NU would start playing and/or when a schedule will be released?

Unless I missed it, there hasn't been any formal announcement of when the college basketball season will begin. I did see that many Nov/Dec tournaments that ESPN is a part of will be moved to Orlando once the NBA moves out, which tells me that college basketball is indeed happening somewhat on time. I would also imagine that with everything the Big Ten used to support starting football on October 24th, they will use roughly the same measures to ensure other Fall/Winter sports happen.

All that being said, has anyone seen anything or have any information on when NU would start playing and/or when a schedule will be released?
Wednesday, Nov. 25. No news on NU's schedule as yet.

The Council also provided more specifics on the upcoming season:

• Teams can begin practicing on Wednesday, Oct. 14
  • No exhibitions or scrimmages will be played
  • The maximum number of contests was reduced by four
  • The Council recommended a minimum of four non-conference games
  • Teams may play no more than 27 regular-season games

Good info, Fitz. Thanks.

for what it is worth Missouri Valley released their schedule yesterday....starts on New Years Eve......everything was same old same old with home and away across the conference.

While practice will start 10/14, the team is already working out, started Monday with transition period:

A transition period will take place from Sept. 21 to Oct. 13 between out-of-season activity and preseason practice.
  • Teams may partake in conditioning, sport-related meetings and skill instruction for up to 12 hours a week.
    • Skill instruction may not exceed eight hours a week. Athletes must receive two days rest per week during this period.

I heard the Big10 will play the ACC Challenge this season along with a 20 game conference slate. The Cats were scheduled to play in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic. That tourney is moving dates, but still in the works, likely with no fans.

That leaves 4 additional non-conference games to get to the 27-game max. I imagine there is a lot of wrangling going on to determine who can be scheduled and who is available. Busy year for ADs.

Heard Coach Moser at LU say that the Myrtle Beach Tnmnt was moved to the Orlando bubble along with some other tournaments.( do not know if this includes Hall of Fame Classic)....and that the teams in these tournaments were starting to discuss playing some on-conference games against teams who were there playing in other tournaments...but nothing in concrete as of yet..

Heard Coach Moser at LU say that the Myrtle Beach Tnmnt was moved to the Orlando bubble along with some other tournaments.( do not know if this includes Hall of Fame Classic)....and that the teams in these tournaments were starting to discuss playing some on-conference games against teams who were there playing in other tournaments...but nothing in concrete as of yet..
I thought there were some outrageous terms that Disney laid out if a player were to test positive. The teams would have to quarantine at their own cost at the Disney property for an extra couple weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT