ADVERTISEMENT

NU sells out B1G title game allotment

You still have no idea what happened and neither do I, but in either case literally everyone on this board disagrees with you. Because your position is ridiculous.

Literally everyone, huh? Wow. That’s convincing. Especially because you still don’t even seem to know what my argument is.

I’ll tell you what - I agree with you! If my argument was the stupid argument you keep trying to pin on me, then you’re right - everyone here does disagree with me. Even me!

But it’s baloney. That’s not my argument. You made it up. My argument is clear as a bell and if you disagree with the notion of honoring prior deals and not making up rules on the fly by fiat, then I can’t help that.

Enough with the made up fantasies, please.

I have held football and basketball season tickets for 20+ years and I donate on top of that. But my own Purple Points status is irrelevant to the point I am making.

I did what many others here said they did. I threw in with another STH to have that STH order 4 tickets (instead of each of us ordering 2) so we could sit together. That STH has more Purple Points than I do. I’m not worried if I have to go on StubHub or whatever and buy 2 tickets. And it probably won’t come down to that anyway. I have plenty of ways to get tickets and a few hundred dollars isn’t going to sway anything.

My point was simply a matter of not disrespecting or working around the system in place. I found it hard to believe yesterday that those 3400 were cutting into the 10000. And I’m glad they didn’t. I’m glad the donor sprung for all the kids. I’m glad they’re all going.

The system is working the way it should and nobody is bending any rules. That’s all I wanted. What I did not want to hear was that a big donor asked for and received permission to take 1/3 of the tickets outside the bounds of the deal that donor already had in place. That would have been wrong. That’s all I was getting at last night, based on the misinformation on this board from Teddy and other sources. I’m glad it was all baloney. I’d hate to think something like that could happen.

For the students. Of the university that the team represents.

Your take remains absolutely terrible.

Literally everyone, huh? Wow. That’s convincing. Especially because you still don’t even seem to know what my argument is.

I’ll tell you what - I agree with you! If my argument was the stupid argument you keep trying to pin on me, then you’re right - everyone here does disagree with me. Even me!

But it’s baloney. That’s not my argument. You made it up. My argument is clear as a bell and if you disagree with the notion of honoring prior deals and not making up rules on the fly by fiat, then I can’t help that.

What “prior deal?”

It wasn’t the “Purple Points season ticket pool” in the apparently false situation you railed against. It was the school’s allotment, from which some number would have been set aside for students in any event.

And what is the “original deal” to which you keep referring? You think you’re entitled to postseason or bowl tickets because you are a STH?

Do you? Do you think you’re entitled to postseason or bowl tickets just because you are a STH?

I don’t. Is that clear enough? There is a difference between being entitled to a place in the que based on the objective points system already in place (which is what STH are entitled to) and a guarantee of tickets.

Is that clear enough for you?

Are you going to persist in making up things phony arguments and the shooting them down, thinking you’ve accomplished something by doing so?

Do you? Do you think you’re entitled to postseason or bowl tickets just because you are a STH?

I don’t. Is that clear enough? There is a difference between being entitled to a place in the que based on the objective points system already in place (which is what STH are entitled to) and a guarantee of tickets.

Are you going to persist in making up things phony arguments and the shooting them down?

Students were going to get a portion of the tickets in any event. The entire allotment isn’t for STHs, nor should it be. You’re literally just pissed because someone else is footing the bill.

Your argument is that a big donor "circumvented the process" and that was "unfair". Except NU never published anything about the process, what anyone was entitled to, how they would determine who gets what, etc. It's absolutely up to their discretion. If Pat Ryan had said "I'm taking 10,000 employees of AON to the game, that cool?" I'm guessing Phillips would have said "Yes sir, whatever you say sir"

You made up a scenario in which some donor came in and took 1/3 of the allotment "circumventing a process". A process that was never determined in advance and does not exist.

Students were going to get a portion of the tickets in any event. The entire allotment isn’t for STHs, nor should it be. You’re literally just pissed because someone else is footing the bill.

Umm, you’re literally wrong. I said it’s great that the donor is footing the bill. It’s clear as a bell.

The 10,000 is different than the student section allotment. That means student tickets that the donor bought are not cutting into the 10k. That was my only issue. It never had anything to do with students getting free tickets. I think that’s fantastic. My issue was if the Purple Points system got checked to the curb at the whim of one large donor. That would be wrong. And I’d bet you anything the large donor would tell you the same thing.

But it didn’t happen. The information that these 3400 cut into the 10000 was false. So there is no issue - other than the phony non-issues you keep making up.

The 10,000 is different than the student section allotment.

You don't know that. Why are you taking the insidenu kids' word over Teddy's word? Just because it was more recent?

Until we hear definitively that NU received 13,400 tickets in their allotment everything is speculation.

Your argument is that a big donor "circumvented the process" and that was "unfair". Except NU never published anything about the process, what anyone was entitled to, how they would determine who gets what, etc. It's absolutely up to their discretion. If Pat Ryan had said "I'm taking 10,000 employees of AON to the game, that cool?" I'm guessing Phillips would have said "Yes sir, whatever you say sir"

You made up a scenario in which some donor came in and took 1/3 of the allotment "circumventing a process". A process that was never determined in advance and does not exist.

You are grasping at straws. Ok. The Purple Points system doesn’t mean anything and there is no process in place. It’s all just a bunch of hooey. That’s now your argument?

OK. Right.

You don't know that. Why are you taking the insidenu kids' word over Teddy's word? Just because it was more recent?

Until we hear definitively that NU received 13,400 tickets in their allotment everything is speculation.

Math says otherwise.

Are you going to persist in making up things phony arguments and the shooting them down, thinking you’ve accomplished something by doing so?
I agree with you 100%. We have been told forever that NU will honor our giving and base all its allotment on post season games on that. NU has failed in that guarantee and has allowed a donor who was first in line to allow 4,000 students to cut in line. Is that a crime? No But it sure shows that NU is not good for its word. PERIOD.

But he may be deeper than this. Since we know for certain which sections NU's allotment was, we will know if they really didn't "Sell out" it's allowment but instead left blocks of tickets for dynamic pricing with its partner, Stubhub. Look, I'm not total upset about the students cutting in line as I didn't put much substance behind the fake Northwestern "Purple point" guarantee anyways. But what will make me upset is if I start seeing blocks of tickets in NU's section allotment on stubhub with dynamic pricing. When sets of 10-20 consecutive tickets start popping up, then that is a clear indication that NU is trying to maximize some tickets for profit at the expense of telling seaston ticket holders "Tuffa Lucka, I don't give a damn about your purple points."

Remember, when NU says "Sold Out", that only means that it has sold the tickets it set aside for its season tickets. Just like at W/R. NU says the place is "Sold Out". But as we saw when the seat map opened up, NU had blocked many of the best seats. In fact, you can go to SH and see blocks of 12-16 tickets for sale at premium prices for rows 1 in section 107 and section 108. Again, not fussing about this. But I will fuss if STH were told that no tickets are left "Tuffa Lucka" but then seat blocks start popping up on SH in the NU allotted section. Remember, only NU has access to such large seat blocks in its allotment section.

Dig dig dig dig dig dig.

It truly doesn’t matter what it is fellas, someone here will complain about it, including selling out our allotment to the BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

You are grasping at straws. Ok. The Purple Points system doesn’t mean anything and there is no process in place. It’s all just a bunch of hooey. That’s now your argument?

OK. Right.
At this point, you are correct. It means nothing. I'll plan accordingly when ordering tickets next year. It really makes no sense to order season tickets next year when I can just order them on SH the day of the game for $10. I really liked the idea of priority points and a reward for loyalty but now that is all flushed down the toilet by Phillip$$. I'm not blaming him for the priority point scam, but he doesn't need to blame me for next year. And unfortunately, I already paid my $4,000 "Donation" for basketball next year. It will be the last year. Don't get me wrong, they won't miss us, and that's fine. If they didn't miss Shon Morris why would they miss anyone else anyways? But I will have better uses with my $10,000 a year gifts. 4,000 students with zero points cut in line. Sad. Not upset about the students but disappointed in broken promises by NU for the dollar bill.

OK. Right.

Correct. There is no published process whatsoever. The only thing they say is that by activating purple points you are "Eligible to purchase priority football away game and bowl game tickets**" **Order determined by Purple Points within giving level.

Let's go ahead and talk about all the things that are unpublished and unclear and inconsistent about the process.

- This is neither a bowl game nor an away game. It's a championship game. When NU first sent out the "pre-sale", they sent it to season ticket holders. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are season ticket holders who are getting tickets who didn't donate a dime. We know that some people who are donors (therefore have points), but are not season ticket holders, got none. So therefore we know that purple points are not the only factor, they decided instead to reward season ticket holders.

- Within the season ticket holder community, they said they would prioritize by purple points. They said you could get a maximum of 4. I personally hold 2 season tickets. Some people might have 4, or 8. They never said you could get 1 ticket per season ticket, they said you can get up to 4 per holder. And made very clear it was a priority order. If it was known that every season ticket holder could only get 2, some of us who have friends who are also STH would have instead ordered 2 each. Better to have tickets not together than not at all.

- We know that some big donor season ticket holders are getting 4 tickets. Some lesser donors are getting none. Some season ticket holder donors are getting 2, and some season ticket holder non-donors are getting 2 as well.

The point is, there is no published process. The only certainty is that NU has absolute discretion to decide who gets tickets, and they decided that they were willing to give away a bunch of tickets to students, sponsored by a donor.

You can't complain about them circumventing a process that they have not publicized.

Your complaint should be a that a Notre Dame fan who signed up as a STH for the first time just to get ND tickets could have gotten 2 tickets to the game. What they probably should have done is fulfilled every STH+donor request first, then donors, and then season ticket holder non-donors. This would be a var more valid complaint than NU giving away tickets to students.

Dig dig dig dig dig dig.

It truly doesn’t matter what it is fellas, someone here will complain about it, including selling out our allotment to the BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Another fantasy argument. I’m sure as heck not complaining about selling our our allotment. I think that great. I am not going to repeat my position any more. I’ve made it clear exactly what my issues was. And I’ve made it clear that that I’m tickled pink that what was purported last night to have happened did not happened. It was hard to believe then. Preposterous, actually. And I’m glad it didn’t happen. In part for your sake because defending it if it had happened was going to be next to impossible.

Oh, for goodness sake. We will all get to the game. In this day and age, it is so easy to get tickets to a sporting event. I, myself, sat on my ass, hit a few buttons, and voila! Tickets!

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Oh, for goodness sake. We will all get to the game. In this day and age, it is so easy to get tickets to a sporting event. I, myself, sat on my ass, hit a few buttons, and voila! Tickets!
Purple points principles predicate pleasing preposterous ponces.

According to bobb.

Reactions: StreamCat
Correct. There is no published process whatsoever. The only thing they say is that by activating purple points you are "Eligible to purchase priority football away game and bowl game tickets**" **Order determined by Purple Points within giving level.

Let's go ahead and talk about all the things that are unpublished and unclear and inconsistent about the process.

- This is neither a bowl game nor an away game. It's a championship game. When NU first sent out the "pre-sale", they sent it to season ticket holders. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are season ticket holders who are getting tickets who didn't donate a dime. We know that some people who are donors (therefore have points), but are not season ticket holders, got none. So therefore we know that purple points are not the only factor, they decided instead to reward season ticket holders.

- Within the season ticket holder community, they said they would prioritize by purple points. They said you could get a maximum of 4. I personally hold 2 season tickets. Some people might have 4, or 8. They never said you could get 1 ticket per season ticket, they said you can get up to 4 per holder. And made very clear it was a priority order. If it was known that every season ticket holder could only get 2, some of us who have friends who are also STH would have instead ordered 2 each. Better to have tickets not together than not at all.

- We know that some big donor season ticket holders are getting 4 tickets. Some lesser donors are getting none. Some season ticket holder donors are getting 2, and some season ticket holder non-donors are getting 2 as well.

The point is, there is no published process. The only certainty is that NU has absolute discretion to decide who gets tickets, and they decided that they were willing to give away a bunch of tickets to students, sponsored by a donor.

You can't complain about them circumventing a process that they have not publicized.

Your complaint should be a that a Notre Dame fan who signed up as a STH for the first time just to get ND tickets could have gotten 2 tickets to the game. What they probably should have done is fulfilled every STH+donor request first, then donors, and then season ticket holder non-donors. This would be a var more valid complaint than NU giving away tickets to students.

Hanging your hat on one word “published” negates
your entire grasping-at-straws argument. Just because it isn’t published mean that it doesn’t exist or that it isn’t followed.

Hanging your hat on one word “published” negates
your entire grasping-at-straws argument. Just because it isn’t published mean that it doesn’t exist or that it isn’t followed.

Your entire argument hinges on a process having not been followed. If it isn't published, you have no idea whether that's true.

Your entire argument hinges on a process having not been followed. If it isn't published, you have no idea whether that's true.

Internal, unpublished processes routinely see the light of day, usually after something like this happens.

But keep on arguing over nothing if
you like. It didn’t happen. They followed their process. There is no issue here now that we know the 3400 are in other sections that aren’t the STH/PP allocation sections.

Why do insist on continuing to make up spurious arguments over something that didn’t happen?

Internal, unpublished processes routinely see the light of day, usually after something like this happens.

But keep on arguing over nothing if
you like. It didn’t happen. They followed their process. There is no issue here now that we know the 3400 are in other sections that aren’t the STH/PP allocation sections.

Why do insist on continuing to make up spurious arguments over something that didn’t happen?

For the same reason why you use three different screen names on this board. Because it's fun.

Umm, you’re literally wrong. I said it’s great that the donor is footing the bill. It’s clear as a bell.

The 10,000 is different than the student section allotment. That means student tickets that the donor bought are not cutting into the 10k. That was my only issue. It never had anything to do with students getting free tickets. I think that’s fantastic. My issue was if the Purple Points system got checked to the curb at the whim of one large donor. That would be wrong. And I’d bet you anything the large donor would tell you the same thing.

But it didn’t happen. The information that these 3400 cut into the 10000 was false. So there is no issue - other than the phony non-issues you keep making up.

You're REALLY not gonna like the phrasing in the actual NU release, which I believe a lot more readily than the jokers at InsideNU (along with Greenstein):

Northwestern's 2018 Big Ten Football Championship Game ticket allotment of more than 10,000 seats is sold out, after being made available to Wildcats season ticket holders and students. The 'Cats will take on the East Division champion on December 1 at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium.

"From the moment Saturday's game ended, the enthusiasm across our University community has been overwhelming," said Combe Family Vice President for Athletics & Recreation Jim Phillips. "One of the true purposes of athletics on a college campus is the opportunity it affords students, alumni, staff and fans to come together. We're looking forward to seeing Wildcats from all over the world on December 1 in Indianapolis."

Northwestern fans hoping to purchase tickets are encouraged to visit Ticketmaster, where limited seats remain available.

Wednesday, it was revealed that more than 3,400 Northwestern students would be attending the game. Phillips, in conjunction with an anonymous benefactor, announced the Department of Athletics & Recreation would provide tickets and travel to Indianapolis for any undergraduate student who wanted to support the Wildcats at Lucas Oil Stadium. All told, nearly 45-percent of the Northwestern undergraduate community is set to travel 200 miles south to the Indiana state capital for the Conference title game.

https://nusports.com/news/2018/11/1...-title-game-tickets-sold-out-in-48-hours.aspx

You're REALLY not gonna like the phrasing in the actual NU release, which I believe a lot more readily than the jokers at InsideNU (along with Greenstein):

Northwestern's 2018 Big Ten Football Championship Game ticket allotment of more than 10,000 seats is sold out, after being made available to Wildcats season ticket holders and students. The 'Cats will take on the East Division champion on December 1 at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium.

"From the moment Saturday's game ended, the enthusiasm across our University community has been overwhelming," said Combe Family Vice President for Athletics & Recreation Jim Phillips. "One of the true purposes of athletics on a college campus is the opportunity it affords students, alumni, staff and fans to come together. We're looking forward to seeing Wildcats from all over the world on December 1 in Indianapolis."

Northwestern fans hoping to purchase tickets are encouraged to visit Ticketmaster, where limited seats remain available.

Wednesday, it was revealed that more than 3,400 Northwestern students would be attending the game. Phillips, in conjunction with an anonymous benefactor, announced the Department of Athletics & Recreation would provide tickets and travel to Indianapolis for any undergraduate student who wanted to support the Wildcats at Lucas Oil Stadium. All told, nearly 45-percent of the Northwestern undergraduate community is set to travel 200 miles south to the Indiana state capital for the Conference title game.

https://nusports.com/news/2018/11/1...-title-game-tickets-sold-out-in-48-hours.aspx

"more than 10,000". We still have no idea how big our allotment was.

I agree with you 100%. We have been told forever that NU will honor our giving and base all its allotment on post season games on that. NU has failed in that guarantee and has allowed a donor who was first in line to allow 4,000 students to cut in line. Is that a crime? No But it sure shows that NU is not good for its word. PERIOD.

But he may be deeper than this. Since we know for certain which sections NU's allotment was, we will know if they really didn't "Sell out" it's allowment but instead left blocks of tickets for dynamic pricing with its partner, Stubhub. Look, I'm not total upset about the students cutting in line as I didn't put much substance behind the fake Northwestern "Purple point" guarantee anyways. But what will make me upset is if I start seeing blocks of tickets in NU's section allotment on stubhub with dynamic pricing. When sets of 10-20 consecutive tickets start popping up, then that is a clear indication that NU is trying to maximize some tickets for profit at the expense of telling seaston ticket holders "Tuffa Lucka, I don't give a damn about your purple points."

Remember, when NU says "Sold Out", that only means that it has sold the tickets it set aside for its season tickets. Just like at W/R. NU says the place is "Sold Out". But as we saw when the seat map opened up, NU had blocked many of the best seats. In fact, you can go to SH and see blocks of 12-16 tickets for sale at premium prices for rows 1 in section 107 and section 108. Again, not fussing about this. But I will fuss if STH were told that no tickets are left "Tuffa Lucka" but then seat blocks start popping up on SH in the NU allotted section. Remember, only NU has access to such large seat blocks in its allotment section.

There's no guarantee whatsoever with purchase of a season ticket, nor donations. The only thing that is guaranteed with purchase of a season ticket is "access" to postseason/bowl games. The actual "deal" that @BobbCat14 signed up for is publicly available on the NU website HERE and copied below (emphasis mine):

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BENEFITS
As a Northwestern Football season ticket holder, you will have a dedicated Account Executive to assist with any needs throughout the season. Other benefits for season ticket holders include:
    • Savings off single-game ticket prices
    • Exclusive Northwestern VIP Discount Card
    • Access to bowl game and away game tickets
    • Opportunity to purchase a season parking pass
Order your 2018 Season Tickets today by calling 888-GO-PURPLE (888-467-8775) or click here to purchase online.​

For the same reason why you use three different screen names on this board. Because it's fun.

What are his other screen names? I can't keep track of all these dudes, why can't people just stick to one name? Right, PukeCat?

Now get off my lawn!!!

There's no guarantee whatsoever with purchase of a season ticket, nor donations. The only thing that is guaranteed with purchase of a season ticket is "access" to postseason/bowl games. The actual "deal" that @BobbCat14 signed up for is publicly available on the NU website HERE and copied below (emphasis mine):

SEASON TICKET HOLDER BENEFITS
As a Northwestern Football season ticket holder, you will have a dedicated Account Executive to assist with any needs throughout the season. Other benefits for season ticket holders include:
    • Savings off single-game ticket prices
    • Exclusive Northwestern VIP Discount Card
    • Access to bowl game and away game tickets
    • Opportunity to purchase a season parking pass
Order your 2018 Season Tickets today by calling 888-GO-PURPLE (888-467-8775) or click here to purchase online.​

You realize that nobody is arguing that there are
guarantees, don’t you?

What are his other screen names? I can't keep track of all these dudes, why can't people just stick to one name? Right, PukeCat?

Now get off my lawn!!!

Turk and Mr Wickerpark, for starters. Could be others.

Why is this debate even going on still, if you need extra tickets, go on Ticketmaster or a secondary seller and grab them.

You realize that nobody is arguing that there are
guarantees, don’t you?

You state that you have held season tickets for 20 years, donated, and have bball tix. You should have had your order fulfilled. I have had fball season tix for 22 years, donated to the amount necessary for parking passes, and have had b-ball for 10 years. My order was filled completely. Your request should have been filled and we would not have your whining.

You state that you have held season tickets for 20 years, donated, and have bball tix. You should have had your order fulfilled. I have had fball season tix for 22 years, donated to the amount necessary for parking passes, and have had b-ball for 10 years. My order was filled completely. Your request should have been filled and we would not have your whining.

Again, for the third time, I didn’t order because I threw in with somebody else who had more points so we could sit together. You’re right. If I had put in my own order, it probably would have been filled. And for all I know, my order through the other STH has been or will be filled.

You seem to think my issue only exists because my order was not filled. First, I no longer have an issue because we got false info last night. The 3400 didn’t come out of the 10000. Second, I don’t know if I’m filled or not, so that’s also a non-issue.

You sure are acting like you think you're entitled to as many tickets as you want by virtue of being a STH and Purple Point guy.
Wrong. Never said that. Never even implied it. All I said was that the existing process should be followed and that it ought not be chucked to the curb because a big donor wants 1/3 of the tickets, even if it’s to do a good thing. That’s all I ever said. All the rest was people trying to put words in my mouth.

Wrong. Never said that. Never even implied it. All I said was that the existing process should be followed and that it ought not be chucked to the curb because a big donor wants 1/3 of the tickets, even if it’s to do a good thing. That’s all I ever said. All the rest was people trying to put words in my mouth.

THERE IS NO EXISTING PROCESS!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE EVER PLAYED IN THE BIG TEN TITLE GAME!!!!!

Christ.

THERE IS NO EXISTING PROCESS!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE EVER PLAYED IN THE BIG TEN TITLE GAME!!!!!

Christ.
Oh, ok. There was no process. They don’t know how to allocate and just winged it. Whatever. You clearly know everything. You must actually think you are Christ.

The death knell of any argument is when Turk "agrees with you 100%". Move along, Bobb.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Oh, ok. There was no process. They don’t know how to allocate and just winged it. Whatever. You clearly know everything. You must actually think are Christ.

There is a process. They decided to offer free tickets to students, paid for by a donor. They offered tickets to STHs to be allocated based on priority points. That the student tickets came from a different allocation was NU's call, just as it would have been if they came out of the 10k allotment.

There was no "predetermined process." The issue is that the process is different from what you think/thought it was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT