ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ UI Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The Cats gave Maryland a competitive game last week, which is progress of a sort. Can they the next step to beat the Hawkeyes?

Time to prognosticate...

Purple 13
Pink 10

Reactions: Rebel II
Defense from Heaven 7
Offense from Hell 14
Defense from Hell -14
Offense at the Pearly Gates 10

21-10 IoWa

Iowa wins 8-6. They get 3 safeties. We score on a fumble toward the end and they block the pat and run it back (or is that 1 point?)

Reactions: mountaindrew
Definitely 2 -- go to 1:10 of these full-game highlights.....

Thanks for posting this. I needed that. Kyle Prater doing things that tall receivers have done to us for years. Nick Van Hoose takes it to the hoose. Trevor shows his wheels. Jack Mitchell oblivious to pressure. Baby Thor wearing #2 and jumping around at the end. And, of course, Fitz outcoaching Brian Kelly.

Thanks for posting this. I needed that. Kyle Prater doing things that tall receivers have done to us for years. Nick Van Hoose takes it to the hoose. Trevor shows his wheels. Jack Mitchell oblivious to pressure. Baby Thor wearing #2 and jumping around at the end. And, of course, Fitz outcoaching Brian Kelly.
NVH is one of my all-time favorite Cats. Stepped in and started right away. Liked to hit in a way that CBs don’t hit. Whatever the nickname was for the DBs of that era, that was him. Baller.

Iowa -7
Northwestern -21

Officials confer at end of game to decide if winner determined by absolute value rather than nominal score. Fitz, furious when decision is in favor of nominal, and that his offense producing 3 touchdowns for Iowa was a sign of aggressive play calling and should be rewarded. General confusion reigns.
As a side note, the beloved wave turns ugly as young patients, instead of waving back to players, hold up signs reading f—- Brian Ferentz, giving the finger toward the field.

Man that was fun to watch. We had some timely turnovers go our way and actually made some field goals when needed by the legendary Jack Mitchell. :D

NVH is one of my all-time favorite Cats. Stepped in and started right away. Liked to hit in a way that CBs don’t hit. Whatever the nickname was for the DBs of that era, that was him. Baller.

You forgot to mention he also was a Gladeskat 2 star special, with I think only one other big offer. Nick Van Goose was The Man.

Last edited:
You forgot to mention he was a Gladeskat 2 star special, with I think only one other big offer. Nick Van Goose was The Man.
Did he not also decommit from another school to be a Wildcat?

Northwestern rolls into Iowa City and in a transformational triumph defeats Iowa by a large margin to initiate the dawn of a new era of Wildcat dominance of the college football landscape. A swarming JONian defense nearly shuts out the Hawkeyes, as the Wildcats roll.

Northwestern 40
Iowa 3

Ps.

I assure you - a couple of beers has no impact on my thought processes.

Reactions: mountaindrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT