ADVERTISEMENT

NU-UNL in Dublin has a title sponsor

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
I was excited before, but now I’m *super excited* for the

AER LINGUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL CLASSIC

This one’s for all the corned beef and cabbage!

(Upon further review, it’s always had a title sponsor. Just the first time it’s shown up in targeted advertising for me.)

Reactions: DaCat
We flew on Aer Lingus a couple of years ago - they had a good deal to Dublin, then we used Ryan Air, et al for the rest of the Continent. On the way back, they were overbooked, so we raced to the line to be voluntarily bumped. A little skeptical because a voucher would be of limited value to us. They gave us each a check (a cheque?) for EU1500, including my then-6 year old. What a pleasant surprise. My daughter had to endorse her cheque, the first time she ever "signed" something.

We are attending a wedding in early August 2022 in Bosnia, no way I can go BACK for the Dublin game. Heck, it's hard to get to ANY game from here in Idaho.

I was excited before, but now I’m *super excited* for the

AER LINGUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL CLASSIC

This one’s for all the corned beef and cabbage!

(Upon further review, it’s always had a title sponsor. Just the first time it’s shown up in targeted advertising for me.)
Since there are cyclists on the board, Aer Lingus has at least in the recent past carried bikes for free.

We flew on Aer Lingus a couple of years ago - they had a good deal to Dublin, then we used Ryan Air, et al for the rest of the Continent. On the way back, they were overbooked, so we raced to the line to be voluntarily bumped. A little skeptical because a voucher would be of limited value to us. They gave us each a check (a cheque?) for EU1500, including my then-6 year old. What a pleasant surprise. My daughter had to endorse her cheque, the first time she ever "signed" something.

We are attending a wedding in early August 2022 in Bosnia, no way I can go BACK for the Dublin game. Heck, it's hard to get to ANY game from here in Idaho.
Enjoy the Cevapći. It is addictive.

I am starting to look at how to get to the game, and I am a Delta high mileage guy. But....I am interested in your opinion of Aer Lingus because economy tickets 11 months out (which is as far out as you can book) are in the high $400 to low $500 range. If the same is true in a few weeks, it would make me consider just buying two on Aer Lingus instead of cashing in Delta points. That is a great price from Atlanta, with a stop in Boston. You liked the experience? Any others with thoughts?

I am starting to look at how to get to the game, and I am a Delta high mileage guy. But....I am interested in your opinion of Aer Lingus because economy tickets 11 months out (which is as far out as you can book) are in the high $400 to low $500 range. If the same is true in a few weeks, it would make me consider just buying two on Aer Lingus instead of cashing in Delta points. That is a great price from Atlanta, with a stop in Boston. You liked the experience? Any others with thoughts?
Hopefully, Florida Alum will set up a "special thread" so we can compare opportunities for tix and travel.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I fly Aerlingus frequently. They fly AirBus 330's from the US to Dublin and Shannon(Boston only). The service is satisfactory but you will love the Irish accents of the flight attendants.

I will be flying Aerlingus in October for my last golfing pilgrimage to Ireland
- I will report my experience. Flying home from Dublin is unique in that you actually clear US Customs in Dublin, so be prepared to get there a little early.

If you decide to self drive around Ireland-invest in an Irish GPS or insure that you have a compatible app and phone service. I bought my GPS on eBay and without it I am sure that I would still be lost in Ireland

If a separate thread is pinned, I will be happy to help with travel suggestions to Ireland, I can assure you that you could duplicate the packages that will be offered for far less than NU will charge but that leaves the question of tickets unanswered. The NU packages have surprisingly good seats relative to their bowl packages

If you are planning a long weekend trip then you should just experience Dublin. Dublin is very expensive, so be prepared. There are interesting things to do in the day-Guinness Factory etc but the pub scene in The Templebar will be a once in your life experience.

Longer trips can incorporate more " touristy" attractions, such as The Ring of Kerry and The Cliffs of Moher but each evening should be spent in a pub to meet the people of Ireland. Life in Ireland revolves around the village pub

Dining in Ireland is an acquired taste but Italian and Indian are safe bets to be edible. Avoid steaks or "Phil Its" as the Irish call them-the soles of your shoes will be more tender. Seafood is generally good and pub fare a good safety net

I have already booked my hotel and will look for one near the Templebar district when their registries open

A $500-600 airfare should be jumped on if found

It's fine. I recall them as a full service airline, and, of course, much friendlier that US airlines.

Also, there are certain advantages to flying into their hub, such as alternate flights, ability to connect to the continent etc. Disadvantage would be long queues for anything like check in/bags if you need to do that. We had the app but I don't believe we were able to figure out how to make it as seamless as, say, a TSA precheck

Good people. They seem like they give a shite about their customers.

Reactions: NUAlum78
I fly Aerlingus frequently. They fly AirBus 330's from the US to Dublin and Shannon(Boston only). The service is satisfactory but you will love the Irish accents of the flight attendants.

- I will report my experience. Flying home from Dublin is unique in that you actually clear US Customs in Dublin, so be prepared to get there a little early.
Thanks. I work for a company in Edinburgh, so I thought I would spend a long (3 day weekend) in Dublin, then head to Edinburgh and back through Iona before returning home. So, any and all recommendations are welcome.

If you decide to self drive around Ireland-invest in an Irish GPS or insure that you have a compatible app and phone service. I bought my GPS on eBay and without it I am sure that I would still be lost in Ireland

If a separate thread is pinned, I will be happy to help with travel suggestions to Ireland, I can assure you that you could duplicate the packages that will be offered for far less than NU will charge but that leaves the question of tickets unanswered. The NU packages have surprisingly good seats relative to their bowl packages

If you are planning a long weekend trip then you should just experience Dublin. Dublin is very expensive, so be prepared. There are interesting things to do in the day-Guinness Factory etc but the pub scene in The Templebar will be a once in your life experience.

Longer trips can incorporate more " touristy" attractions, such as The Ring of Kerry and The Cliffs of Moher but each evening should be spent in a pub to meet the people of Ireland. Life in Ireland revolves around the village pub

Dining in Ireland is an acquired taste but Italian and Indian are safe bets to be edible. Avoid steaks or "Phil Its" as the Irish call them-the soles of your shoes will be more tender. Seafood is generally good and pub fare a good safety net

I have already booked my hotel and will look for one near the Templebar district when their registries open

A $500-600 airfare should be jumped on if found

Where are you staying in Dublin? I’m thinking of 2-3 nights in Dublin with a couple of other nights at a B&B on the other coast (Galway) and a couple of nights in a castle. Any suggestions?

Where are you staying in Dublin? I’m thinking of 2-3 nights in Dublin with a couple of other nights at a B&B on the other coast (Galway) and a couple of nights in a castle. Any suggestions?
I would prefer to stay near the Templebar district but booked The Grand Hotel in Malahide-a 20 minute taxi ride to Dublin Center. There is train service from Connolly Station to Malahide also.
Malahide is close to Portmarnock, The Island, Royal Dublin amd Portmarnock Hotel Links if i decide to play a little golf
I may continue to look for a hotel near Fleet Street to experience the bands marching through the Templebar and the unrivaled fun of the pub scene

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I will be living in London next year so expect I’ll be able to make this game quite easily. If I can get tickets.

Reactions: StreamCat
I will be living in London next year so expect I’ll be able to make this game quite easily. If I can get tickets.
I love London. I’ve said it is the only other city I’d live in other than Chicago. If only I could understand their sports page.

ADVERTISEMENT