ADVERTISEMENT

NU @ UW Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The Cats head west after a solid second half against Eastern Illinois. The defense continued to be solid, only allowing a touchdown on a short field. New QB Jack Lausch settled in for a sharp second half as the Cats pulled away. Encouraging on all fronts, but the team will now have to face B1G competition for the first time this season.

UW will also be facing B1G in-conference competition for the first time, too. There are some other (painfully) obvious similarities: Purple Cats v. Purple Dogs. Two teams with gorgeous lakeside stadia. But UW is also coming off a run to the national championship game, where it lost to Michigan. UW lost a lot of those personnel and is widely considered to be in a rebuilding year.

So, UW is rightly favored, but may be beatable if NU's defense continues to be solid and if the offense really has put the pieces together. Beating the Huskies would put the Cats back on track for at least bowl eligibility and make a statement after the bad after taste of a frustrating loss to Duke 2 weeks ago.

So, here's a prediction:

Purple Dogs 17
Purple Cats 20

Last edited:
Reactions: DaCat
Well I have a dog that is a Pomsky (Pomeranian/husky mix) I usually always cheer for husky teams if this were home I would give the cats the edge but sadly because we’re on the road I’ll go purple canine’s 24 purple cats 10 ….. 😭

Wish it weren't so

Huskies 30
Wildcats 17
Huskies beat themselves with 165 yards in penalties vs WSU. Many of them took big plays off the board. They have a stable of talented RBs and plenty of WRs and TEs to throw to. Still have a number of very good athletes. And they're coming off a really painful, self-inflicted loss to their in state rival. So I expect them to be much sharper than what they showed on Saturday. I also think it's too much to ask of Jack to repeat his 2nd half performance vs EIU against a much better opponent in one of the most hostile environments in college football.

This one could get ugly. UGH!

Huskies 34
Cats 13

Cats win and I’ll double your winnings. Cats lose and I make my way to Erie for a weekend of golf with you. Deal?
That would be great my friend, and it wouldn't matter to me who won the bet. However, I haven't played golf for over two years due to late developing residuals from my radiation during my cancer treatment. Maybe we can get together for a 'Cats game this year. I'm currently thinking about either Indiana or Wisconsin or both. Our tailgate will be at Noyes and Sheridan this year.

Reactions: GOUNUII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT