ADVERTISEMENT

NU Volleyball Thread

They took #7 ranked Minny to five sets, and had lots of chances to win the match in the fourth set. Lost a lot of heart breakers this year.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Weren’t people worried that the transition from coaching mens VB to womens VB was a failing and ill advised experiment at the very beginning of the season?!? Seems like the new coach is making a difference and leaving a mark…

Weren’t people worried that the transition from coaching mens VB to womens VB was a failing and ill advised experiment at the very beginning of the season?!? Seems like the new coach is making a difference and leaving a mark…
Well, he isn't exactly a "new coach" as this is his 4th season at NU. Takes time to establish recruiting relationships. I think he's doing just fine.

Well, he isn't exactly a "new coach" as this is his 4th season at NU. Takes time to establish recruiting relationships. I think he's doing just fine.

Success has come on the court as of yet. Still building a foundation…future is bright however. Coach Davis had a great deal of success while at Loyola.

Didn’t realize how competitive the B1G was in VB. Wisconsin just topped Nebraska for the national title. Impressive.
For many years the B1G has been a VB powerhouse. They regularly have 5-6 of the sweet 16 every year and often 3 of the elite 8. Haven’t checked, but I think they have won my national VB titles in the last 10-15 years than any other conference. Pac 12 used to dominate, but not any more.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT