ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs God and country (& UNL)

So one guy's a moron and this is a heartland perception? Whatever.
You seem to have inferred, incorrectly, that I was suggesting the remark characterized all the vast heartland and its many diverse inhabitants and friends. No--so no offense to your folk in Springfield or wherever.

Just scrolling down a few posts from the remark reveals an eye-roll.

You seem to have inferred, incorrectly, that I was suggesting the remark characterized all the vast heartland and its many diverse inhabitants and friends. No--so no offense to your folk in Springfield or wherever.

Just scrolling down a few posts from the remark reveals an eye-roll.
I have a cousin in South Dakota, so I guess that qualifies as "heartland." . I spent my early days in Illinois, but it amuses me that dead places in the Midwest are the "heartland" while dead places in the Northeast are simply the "rust belt." Just say it like it is — one nitwit's opinion on an opposition team's site.

Am I alone in thinking that this was a pretty smart choice by Hayden Schwartz and his family? NU isn't for everybody. My only criticism is he didn't take a visit to NU and talk to our players to find out for himself.

Of course he is referring to Turk...
That was funny. Not sure of this kid but its reasonable for a kid to want to play for a coach that joins in on team prayers.
You may be surprised but some kids of faith want a spiritual connection as well. Nu has had many players of faith (majority it seems) that herd together over the years. So i think the comment about some of the ignorant professors or some otherwise deluded bozos is unwarranted.

Reactions: Gladeskat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT