ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Iowa at Wrigley

Mixed feelings about giving up a true home game in what is planned to be the last season of the current stadium. However it’s probably good to keep the Wrigley series going to keep working out the kinks.
Have they determined our alternate home field yet?

I think this also eliminates season tix holders buying and reselling the tix for a profit. This game would be outside of the season tix package and this the athletic department keeps the higher tix price. Sadly, it also makes it easier for Iowa fans to buy tix.

This could be a 80-90% Iowa crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: chaneccooms
I don't mind the Wrigley games other than the fact that we haven't won there and I don't have a reason yet to hold my breath for this one, which will surely be overrun by Iowa fans.

Literally is a word that should only be used after the fact. Sorry, I’m grumpy today. 😠
In this case, he does not mean ‘figuratively’, which is something. Grump.

I believe there could be 30,000+ Iowa fans in attendance. Chicago’s Big Ten team can only win games at Yankee Stadium.

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t schedule the Purdue game instead — would give an extra two weeks if shovels-in-ground are needed. With two years planned away from campus, maybe not an issue. (Am I correct on this? Two years away? Ready for ‘25?)

Reactions: Alvious
In this case, he does not mean ‘figuratively’, which is something. Grump.

I believe there could be 30,000+ Iowa fans in attendance. Chicago’s Big Ten team can only win games at Yankee Stadium.

I’m a bit surprised they didn’t schedule the Purdue game instead — would give an extra two weeks if shovels-in-ground are needed. With two years planned away from campus, maybe not an issue. (Am I correct on this? Two years away? Ready for ‘25?)
Very true, but if it doesn’t happen, then literally is not the appropriate word.
Signed,
Retired Engish teacher, Sir Grump

Great. Another opportunity to lose a game at Wrigley.

NU playing at Wrigley and the Blackhawks in the Winter Classic/Stadium Series are a lose lose situation. Between them only the Blackhawks have won one of those special games.

Blackhawks are 1-5
NU is 0-2

1. It would be a catastrophic blunder to not already have a plan confirmed, in some place or places
2. That means they already know what's going to happen , but
3. Inexplicably, they have not shared this interesting information with their downtrodden fanbase.
4. Therefore, I believe that Fitz is in charge of controlling the release of the information

ADVERTISEMENT