ADVERTISEMENT

NU will RESPECT Michigan.

Be prepared to see your beloved wildcats suffer its first loss of the season.

Go Blue
How can we respect you with such a poorly written post? First, please capitalize the W in Wildcats. Second, your note should read "suffer their first loss" as Wildcats is plural. Third, if we lose, we will have the same record as you. Maybe you can give us some tips on how you handled your loss, not that we will need them.

Reactions: DurhamCat

Go Blue
I think that I represent a common sentiment on this board that no matter how good Michigan might be and how much you might beat us by (which, by the way is yet to be seen), Michigan will not respected. Reasons being--you recently had Rich Rod and Hoke as coaches and you could not succeed, and now you have The Harbaugh, which to the best of our understanding was released into production without proper testing. These are strange things to be as arrogant as Michigan fans and graduates are so smug about being.

I think Northwestern will respect Michigan too. We'll take the game very seriously. The team will prepare to the best of their abilities. The captains will respectfully shake hands at the coin toss. We'll play a hard fought game. After the game, Northwestern players will be respectful as the Michigan players congratulate them on the Wildcat victory. Fitz will respectfully try to shake Harbaugh's hand (don't know what Harbaugh will do). Then Fitz and the players in the press conference will heave all sorts of praise on to the the Michigan program.

We're respectful that's what we do... oh that and win.

How can we respect you with such a poorly written post? First, please capitalize the W in Wildcats. Second, your note should read "suffer their first loss" as Wildcats is plural. Third, if we lose, we will have the same record as you. Maybe you can give us some tips on how you handled your loss, not that we will need them.

Please stop with the grammar-police stuff. Nobody want to read it, even if it's true. It just makes you look like a douche, to be honest.

Please stop with the grammar-police stuff. Nobody want to read it, even if it's true. It just makes you look like a douche, to be honest.
I really hate saying this, but I'm with Stupor, it's a message board. Someone comes over here being a dick and your best response is a long drawn out grammatical corrections. Do you watch the big bang theory?

This is what you sound like

I think Northwestern will respect Michigan too. We'll take the game very seriously. The team will prepare to the best of their abilities. The captains will respectfully shake hands at the coin toss. We'll play a hard fought game. After the game, Northwestern players will be respectful as the Michigan players congratulate them on the Wildcat victory. Fitz will respectfully try to shake Harbaugh's hand (don't know what Harbaugh will do). Then Fitz and the players in the press conference will heave all sorts of praise on to the the Michigan program.

With regard to the team at least, that is the case. It's hard, though, to respect the Michigan arrogance, which will likely become even more insufferable as their new Harbaugh continues to win (after this week).

I believe one acts like a douche, not looks like a douche.
You can do both. Just turn your ballcap backwards, put on some board shorts, don't shave for a couple of days, and plaster a self-satisfied smirk on your face.

Don't tell me what to do. Don't tell me what to say. I was an English teacher. It's in my blood. But you probably already knew that because you know everything.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I really hate saying this, but I'm with Stupor, it's a message board. Someone comes over here being a dick and your best response is a long drawn out grammatical corrections. Do you watch the big bang theory?

This is what you sound like
How's this? I have always liked your posts, but it turns out you're a dick. Better?

OT, but I thought you guys might be interested in this. From Michigan's Monday press meeting:

"How long have you known Pat Fitzgerald and could you talk about any background with him?

“Yeah. Great competitor. Background would be starting with I was Stanford, he was at Northwestern. First crossed paths on the recruiting trail. Sized him up and said, ‘This guy’s a fine, fine coach and great competitor.’ He’s done a fabulous job. He’s a great coach.

“And got to know him this summer. Came to our football camp and did a tremendous job talking to the campers and sharing football lessons and life lessons with them. Thought it was fabulous. And his football team is a tremendous football team, so, you know, everything you look at with Pat Fitzgerald is really good. Admire him.”

Watching them on film, what impresses you most about their defense?

“Athletic. Mike Hankwitz does a great job. They react as athletic and fast as anybody we’ve seen. No. 18 [Anthony Walker] is as good a player as we’ve faced, so all those things. Really good scheme. Great team defense. Leading the country in points allowed. I think that’s the thing mainly is this team reacts and flows to the ball as good as you’re going to see in college football.”

Go Blue

Go Blue

As Wildcat fans, most of us are prepared for just about anything. However, a former coach once taught us to "Expect Victory" and his advice applies pretty well in this case.

However, as a Michigan fan, you might want to familiarize yourself with Scripture that says "Pride goeth before a fall." I think it applies quite well in this instance.

Background would be starting with I was Stanford, he was at Northwestern. First crossed paths on the recruiting trail. Sized him up and said, ‘This guy’s a fine, fine coach and great competitor.’

Funny, b/c I seem to recall him sniping at Northwestern when he was at Stanford? e.g. taking thinly veiled shots at our strength of schedule and saying we weren't very good.

Reactions: NUMBfan
I think Northwestern will respect Michigan too. We'll take the game very seriously. The team will prepare to the best of their abilities. The captains will respectfully shake hands at the coin toss. We'll play a hard fought game. After the game, Northwestern players will be respectful as the Michigan players congratulate them on the Wildcat victory. Fitz will respectfully try to shake Harbaugh's hand (don't know what Harbaugh will do). Then Fitz and the players in the press conference will heave all sorts of praise on to the Michigan program.

Honestly, I thought when I clicked on this thread that we were going to be talking about this. Didn't think it would be trash-talking. I expected to see a post about how with all of the press and everything else the NU team is getting, one might think they'd take their eyes off the ball, but no, NU is going to respect Michigan and this game and be as prepared as they always are.

Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT