ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 1st Half Thread

Its a trade off. Do you open the playbook while it is still a close game, or do you keep it conservative?

If you don't open it up it won't be close for long, defense will get tired after 3 and outs eventually. We have to come out in the second half firing if you ask me, but I don't get paid to make such calls.

If you don't open it up it won't be close for long, defense will get tired after 3 and outs eventually. We have to come out in the second half firing if you ask me, but I don't get paid to make such calls.
Unless, you know, we also keep forcing 3 and outs....

Reactions: drewjin
Its a trade off. Do you open the playbook while it is still a close game, or do you keep it conservative?

It wouldn’t be a close game if we opened the playbook. NU can’t play that way right now.

The current level of trust let’s you know how confident they are in the offensive line and quarterback. You can then get into who recruited, who developed, and who is overall response for years of poor play. I’ve read the last few days of posting and I’m a bit flummoxed at the idea that this doesn’t fall on McCall. You have to work pretty hard to take a bunch of talented guys (if you look at offers) and have them near the worst year over year in the B1G. That isn’t just poor o-line. Schemes matter. Playcalling matters. Coaching matters.

In summary - it breaks my heart to see Fitz - who I think is legit awesome go down with guys over the hill.

Need play action and deep passing routes!

Reactions: IGNORE and TheC

Exactly so why are you complains about McCall?

As long as we are within one score, we can continue to be conservative on offense, but all it takes is one UW TD and then we will be forced to change. So why not change sooner, instead of later. How likely is it that we can win a low scoring, field position game against this Wisconsin team?

Reactions: Noah121
The purpose of conservative play is to avoid mistakes and play for field position. Wiscy just violated that. We will see if the Cats can make them pay.

The defense is playing well. If we could just generate a some "O" we will win this game.

Okay, a better half defensively (and in parts, offensively) than I thought going in. But NU must be more aggressive and unexpected on OFF- even if it does NOTHING. Conservative won't work against UW. Proud of the player's efforts, but feel like certain coaches need to dig a little deeper.

Reactions: drewjin
As long as we are within one score, we can continue to be conservative on offense, but all it takes is one UW TD and then we will be forced to change. So why not change sooner, instead of later. How likely is it that we can win a low scoring, field position game against this Wisconsin team?
Sounds good on the surface - but Hunter's had a couple of near picks. Opening it up could also open up big plays for Wiskey.

NO. Keep running. UW can't pass the ball. I's all about field position. UW took Taylor out of the game by passing, let's hope they do it more.
In second half, maybe we mix it up just a bit but I like us running the ball.
Anderson was a step away from breaking 2 screens if the ball was delivered right. Do screens and run. Maybe one long pass in the second half just to keep honest. Or a Riley Lees pass.

I was debating whether or not to watch this game. I was worried NU was gonna get blown up and blown out.

But NU is right in this game against the legitimate #8 in the country. In fact, they could easily be behind had it not been for a selectively near-sighted ref. UW must be talking to themselves.

To win this game, the NU O is gonna have to produce. That will mean HJ will have to start completing passes on 1st and 2nd down. Here's hoping he gets the chance.

NO. Keep running. UW can't pass the ball. I's all about field position. UW took Taylor out of the game by passing, let's hope they do it more.
In second half, maybe we mix it up just a bit but I like us running the ball.

Hell has frozen over. I agree with Turk. Now I know Republicans are going to impeach Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT