ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 2nd Half Thread

Let’s see if our defense can hold or if UW takes the momentum and pulls away...

Hope our D doesn’t give up and maybe they find a way to score.

This offense not only cannot score points but gives up points. Defense gets depressed and eventually gasses out.
Too bad..

Can't believe there isn't some offensive linemen they can substitute for these who are so horrible. And I agree I would take Hunter out try Marty try anyone. It can't be any worse

So, on 2nd down from the right hash, why roll your QB to the boundary with only 20 yards to work with against the number 1 defense?

So, on 2nd down from the right hash, why roll your QB to the boundary with only 20 yards to work with against the number 1 defense?

Because you can’t drop straight back for more than 1.5 seconds and throwing while rolling left against the Wisconsin D is a death sentence.

The Northwestern coaches gave up with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. I don’t know what you do about that. They’re supposed to be the experienced and grown ups on the field.

Good luck getting recruits when this and MSU is what you’re showing on offense. They will stay the lowest scoring offense in college football for at least another week - let that sink in. That means the scholarship players are shit ... and if these same players and coaches were any other color ... imagine the overrated comments they would get.

O line SUCKS!!

That graphic showing how we are way under our season offense average is misleading. It's about the same as SU and MSU games (I. E. Nothing). 440 v UNLV skewed the first 3 games

The Northwestern coaches gave up with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. I don’t know what you do about that. They’re supposed to be the experienced and grown ups on the field.

Good luck getting recruits when this and MSU is what you’re showing on offense. They will stay the lowest scoring offense in college football for at least another week - let that sink in. That means the scholarship players are shit ... and if these same players and coaches were any other color ... imagine the overrated comments they would get.

... and the trolls didn’t even wait for the fourth quarter to come out. Impressive in a way.

We have the dumbest offensive coaching staff in the country. They teach our guys nothing!!!!!!

Yeah. That’s what it is. Nothing do do with a team largely of lightly recruited players, passed over by almost all P5 programs in the country, playing the number 8 team on the road.

We ain’t got the horses.

Yeah. That’s what it is. Nothing do do with a team largely of lightly recruited players, passed over by almost all P5 programs in the country, playing the number 8 team on the road.

We ain’t got the horses.

Not like Wisconsin is rolling in recruiting accolades either, my man.

I don’t even know why I should be irritated. This is exactly what I have come to expect from NUFB this yr. Offense giving up points and not scoring. Defense gassing out thx to offense.
Fritz getting snappy with the reporters.
Unless we have some lucky defensive scores back to back, we appear to be doomed.
Sad..

Reactions: drewjin
I’ll take you on - name calling aside, give me your breakdown of why running a draw on 3rd down and laying down the series doesn’t equal giving up. The announcer called it, he said, “that just slightly changes where you punt from” - are the announcers, who talked up Fitz also trolls?

Why is it a thing to belittle fans for saying what they see and feel - there is a product on the field - rather bad if you have any objectivity in your bones - so why not engage in a discussion about how to improve the product - which arguably could come with coaching upgrades?

And for the record - I believe Fitz should stay forever. The other people? Not so much.

... and the trolls didn’t even wait for the fourth quarter to come out. Impressive in a way.

We ain’t got the horses.

Sorry, horses or not you should be able to muster more than 100 yards of offense. They are all still P5 recruits. Offensive coaching is just horrific. But whatever, continue to support them and we'll never get where we want to be.

I’ll take you on - name calling aside, give me your breakdown of why running a draw on 3rd down and laying down the series doesn’t equal giving up. The announcer called it, he said, “that just slightly changes where you punt from” - are the announcers, who talked up Fitz also trolls?

Why is it a thing to belittle fans for saying what they see and feel - there is a product on the field - rather bad if you have any objectivity in your bones - so why not engage in a discussion about how to improve the product - which arguably could come with coaching upgrades?

And for the record - I believe Fitz should stay forever. The other people? Not so much.

Wisconsin is doing the same thing. In a defensive game, field position matters.

Defense not giving up and hold em to only three. Can we get any glimmer of hope on O?

It really seemed like the O got better when they went hurry up/rhythm and gave HJ less time to think and be tight.

Did you see what happened when Johnson chose to pass the ball on a first down RPO near our goal line?

Then explain the defense. They are taught and developed. It doesn't happen on the offensive side.

Exactly. Our defense has performed far better than Michigan’s. It’s not solely a recruiting problem.

One side of the ball develops players who outperform their star ratings. The other does not.

It is really difficult to put on the displays Northwestern is putting on offense in this iteration of college football. REALLY difficult. But whatever - it’ll get fixed. Being an asshole to reporters is the way to go. It’s a bully/defensive mechanism I wish wasn’t Fitz’s go-to, but again, that’s who he is. I’m willing to still take him with that ... but the product - that’s the pass he doesn’t get. He must fix the offense - he’s the CEO. It’s on him.

Sorry, horses or not you should be able to muster more than 100 yards of offense. They are all still P5 recruits. Offensive coaching is just horrific. But whatever, continue to support them and we'll never get where we want to be.

We ain’t got the horses.
Stupid play by Hunter! Get rid of the ball Hunter!

It is really difficult to put on the displays Northwestern is putting on offense in this iteration of college football. REALLY difficult. But whatever - it’ll get fixed. Being an asshole to reporters is the way to go. It’s a bully/defensive mechanism I wish wasn’t Fitz’s go-to, but again, that’s who he is. I’m willing to still take him with that ... but the product - that’s the pass he doesn’t get. He must fix the offense - he’s the CEO. It’s on him.

You have ~10 posts since 2001 and then come out with this garbage expecting not to be called a troll?

What’s your other handle(s)?

Of course I did. So block better. Go max protect (which they annoyingly don’t do) - they refuse to scheme anything different, absent the team they’re facing - because apparently they will die on their sword with the same lame playcalling and sets.

As long as I’ve seen you post here, you can’t convince me you don’t see the dire decision making going on with the offense, Corbi. To be clear, I am not a fire McCall because he doesn’t run playcalls that are interesting or creative - I’m on the fire McCall because it’s clear he isn’t moving towards diversifying offensive personal sets that create match-ups are short term wins. Scheme wise they are predictable and easy to defend ... even talented teams would struggle to win with that. Northwestern sure as hell cant.

Did you see what happened when Johnson chose to pass the ball on a first down RPO near our goal line?

Uh oh... Johnson down with injury- OR could this provide a spark? Not happy about ANY injury, just looking for a silver-lining...

No other handles. But it’s rather creepy that it’s your prerogative to investigate fans in that way.

If you want to question my fandom - then go for it. I’ve been registered for years but only now post because I can now watch the games live after living overseas for a long period of time. I’m happy to answer any questions you have on NU football if that somehow passes the NU fan fest.

You have ~10 posts since 2001 and then come out with this garbage expecting not to be called a troll?

What’s your other handle(s)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT