ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 2nd Half Thread

So effin dumb - at the time NU ran that draw they were down 14-3; that’s not what Wisconsin has or would be doing, IMO. Further to my point - their offense was getting booed ... at home because they can’t and won’t accept 7 points. That doesn’t mean the fans are totally justified - but at least see NU fans frustration on the offensive side of the ball thru a different lens. Objectivity is not a bad thing.

Wisconsin is doing the same thing. In a defensive game, field position matters.

You have ~10 posts since 2001 and then come out with this garbage expecting not to be called a troll?

What’s your other handle(s)?

People with any intelligence whatsoever recognize that you're deflecting with a transparent gambit like the good old, "You're a troll!" piffle. That's a slur, not an argument.

I can't name a single fanbase in major college athletics with lower expectations than this one. It's remarkable. And the rationalizations. It's like this pretend world where ND and Stanford don't exist. I mean, how can we possibly expect to recruit better players with our admission standards? These sorts of performances should be putting people's jobs on the line. The ghost of John McKay should rise from the grave to answer the question,

"What do you think of your team's execution?" with,
"I'm all for it."

I turned the TV off! Smith ain't a quarter back! That was a nasty sequence. We really needed TJ Green as a backup. No worries. I still love Northwestern but I wouldn't go to watch one of these games if you paid me 150 bucks. Let alone pay for a ticket and parking.

Just rip it HJ and get more comfortable. Nothing to lose now. Zero pressure.

No other handles. But it’s rather creepy that it’s your prerogative to investigate fans in that way.

If you want to question my fandom - then go for it. I’ve been registered for years but only now post because I can now watch the games live after living overseas for a long period of time. I’m happy to answer any questions you have on NU football if that somehow passes the NU fan fest.

Anytime anyone deviates from groupthink and the party line, regardless the forum, this is the standard operating procedure:

1. Accuse the poster of being a "troll."
2. Accuse him of having multiple handles.

I've observed this for 25 years on the interwebs. It happens because most people have absolutely no idea how to debate, construct arguments, fashion rebuttals. None. So, in response, they offer up logical fallacies and emotive arguments, rather than rational ones.

Finally a flag. Pretty sure penalty yards can’t get you over the goal line though.

Of course I did. So block better. Go max protect (which they annoyingly don’t do) - they refuse to scheme anything different, absent the team they’re facing - because apparently they will die on their sword with the same lame playcalling and sets.

As long as I’ve seen you post here, you can’t convince me you don’t see the dire decision making going on with the offense, Corbi. To be clear, I am not a fire McCall because he doesn’t run playcalls that are interesting or creative - I’m on the fire McCall because it’s clear he isn’t moving towards diversifying offensive personal sets that create match-ups are short term wins. Scheme wise they are predictable and easy to defend ... even talented teams would struggle to win with that. Northwestern sure as hell cant.

Your solution is “block better?”

No other handles. But it’s rather creepy that it’s your prerogative to investigate fans in that way.

If you want to question my fandom - then go for it. I’ve been registered for years but only now post because I can now watch the games live after living overseas for a long period of time. I’m happy to answer any questions you have on NU football if that somehow passes the NU fan fest.

Prerogative? Ok, man.

So effin dumb - at the time NU ran that draw they were down 14-3; that’s not what Wisconsin has or would be doing, IMO. Further to my point - their offense was getting booed ... at home because they can’t and won’t accept 7 points. That doesn’t mean the fans are totally justified - but at least see NU fans frustration on the offensive side of the ball thru a different lens. Objectivity is not a bad thing.

Most folks who play the objectivity card do so to make themselves feel better.

What I don’t understand is — I’m not shit posting - I’m offering real debatable thoughts - meaning we should look at sets, game plans, personal packages that allow you to create some advantages.

I’ll give you a few to start - Bowser and Anderson should be in the backfield together on either side of the QB - you should also pivot away from so much superback because that position is a zero sum win for NU at the moment - and what I would also do is desperately get as many wide receiver bunch sets as possible to trick the man coverage. I’m not saying anything that is earth shattering - I’m simply saying there’s more to an offense than running the same 7 sets and 13 playcalls a game.

Anytime anyone deviates from groupthink and the party line, regardless the forum, this is the standard operating procedure:

1. Accuse the poster of being a "troll."
2. Accuse him of having multiple handles.

I've observed this for 25 years on the interwebs. It happens because most people have absolutely no idea how to debate, construct arguments, fashion rebuttals. None. So, in response, they offer up logical fallacies and emotive arguments, rather than rational ones.

Reactions: drewjin
How do you fuc& up reading the simple point chart??!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT