ADVERTISEMENT

NU/Wisconsin 2nd Half Thread

We are beating them except for the two quarterback turnovers. What is Fitz thinking? We would have won this game

Great to finally see an NU QB use his legs to extend a pass play and a TD at that!

But on the down side, Fitz compounds his 1st mistake (not taking the point at hand) by making another.

Reactions: drewjin
Charlie not hurt, ****ing Fitz needs to be called out on that one, just poor coaching and game management. That really pisses me off.

Charlie not hurt, ****ing Fitz needs to be called out on that one, just poor coaching and game management. That really pisses me off.
I hope he just actually says, folks, I screwed up on that. And just says it.

I am a huge Fitz fan and everyone screws up. If that’s the worst thing he ever does as head coach I still want him at NU for life. But I wish he’d just say it.

Reactions: phatcat
This game could have easily gotten out of hand with all the mistakes and big play turnovers we gave them. And our QB injury.

Team is hanging in there. They will win games this year. Don’t give up fellas.

I hope he just actually says, folks, I screwed up on that. And just says it.

I am a huge Fitz fan and everyone screws up. If that’s the worst thing he ever does as head coach I still want him at NU for life. But I wish he’d just say it.

Sorry, that's not a screwup, that's just stupid coaching that may end up losing us the game. If we score a TD here I am going to be livid.

Haha. Don’t make the argument that aiden isn’t facing same defense. Wisconsin is playing exactly the same. Aiden just like tj know this offense 10times better and it’s obvious. Sure hunters upside is a lot higher. Aiden and tj look so much more comfortable. Give the kid some credit he’s waited his time and he looks pretty damn good.

Sorry, that's not a screwup, that's just stupid coaching that may end up losing us the game. If we score a TD here I am going to be livid.

Screw-ups happen for a lot of reasons. Your comment highlights one of the reasons.

Smith was moving the O when he broke containment, so what does McCall dial up on a 3rd and long?

Having the QB stay in the pocket and ripe for pickin'.

W/ the way the D played, if the 'Cats had a little bit better QB play and better play calling (and not going for the 2-pt conversion twice), the 'Cats had a good chance to pull out a V.

If Trevor was back there (and called his own plays, or took matters into his own hands by going off schedule), the 'Cats win.

Reactions: drewjin and BFDCat
Haha. Don’t make the argument that aiden isn’t facing same defense. Wisconsin is playing exactly the same. Aiden just like tj know this offense 10times better and it’s obvious. Sure hunters upside is a lot higher. Aiden and tj look so much more comfortable. Give the kid some credit he’s waited his time and he looks pretty damn good.
Hunter was moving the ball on the drive where he was injured, when we actually let him throw the ball.

The game plan up to that point had been run on 1st and 2nd, throw on 3rd and 8. Predictable.

Hunter was moving the ball on the drive where he was injured, when we actually let him throw the ball.

The game plan up to that point had been run on 1st and 2nd, throw on 3rd and 8. Predictable.

Dude he was 10 for 21 for 59 yards into the 4th quarter. Not saying I don’t think he gonna be good but the offense with tj before his injury and aiden today is a huge difference then when hunter is in. Sure I expect it to look a lot better as he gets more experience but right now offense is basically stagnant

Reactions: Billy Bean
Dude he was 10 for 21 for 59 yards into the 4th quarter. Not saying I don’t think he gonna be good but the offense with tj before his injury and aiden today is a huge difference then when hunter is in. Sure I expect it to look a lot better as he gets more experience but right now offense is basically stagnant
Aiden came in for Hunter, on the drive where Hunter was moving the ball and completing passes, including a beautiful blitz pickup on the play where Hunter was injured, and proceeded to throw two terrible tipped incomplete passes and then threw an interception on the third. Seeing Hunter moving the ball on that drive, I think he would have been just as effective as Aiden the rest of the game, once we got out of the run on 1st run on 2nd throw on 3rd and 8 game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT