ADVERTISEMENT

NU Wrestling gets robbed in mythical NCAA tournament!

Really more concerned about whether or not NU will extend the scholarships for Deakin and Rivera for another year if the NCAA grants another year?
I don't think the NCAA will grant any wrestler another year. Too many problems with recruiting. Postponing the Olympics may help Deakin! He is an excellent freestyle wrestler. Rivera will make the team for Puerto Rico.

I don't think the NCAA will grant any wrestler another year. Too many problems with recruiting. Postponing the Olympics may help Deakin! He is an excellent freestyle wrestler. Rivera will make the team for Puerto Rico.
Update on Rivera. He said in an interview on flo the other day that he did not think he would see 125 again the weight he qualified in Puerto Rico for and thought next season he might be at 141. He currently is weighing 160. I don't see how you can give some athletes another year of eligibility and not others but we shall see. With Northwestern it is a 65,000 scholarship that might determine the extra year,

Update on Rivera. He said in an interview on flo the other day that he did not think he would see 125 again the weight he qualified in Puerto Rico for and thought next season he might be at 141. He currently is weighing 160. I don't see how you can give some athletes another year of eligibility and not others but we shall see. With Northwestern it is a 65,000 scholarship that might determine the extra year,
Agreed. Rivera is a special kid. Very,very talented. But he ain't making 25 next year for the Olympic games. No way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT