ADVERTISEMENT

OC watch 2019

Guess we'll see soon enough. Teddy G's article in today's Trib has some interesting suggestions. Seems to me that Matt Canada might be a good fit.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Guess we'll see soon enough. Teddy G's article in today's Trib has some interesting suggestions. Seems to me that Matt Canada might be a good fit.

Agreed. Canada has a good track record as an OC, familiarity with the BIG, and did well to manage Maryland through difficult circumstances in 2018.

If NU indeed has an opening to fill, Canada, at first glance, seems like a good fit.

Agreed. Canada has a good track record as an OC, familiarity with the BIG, and did well to manage Maryland through difficult circumstances in 2018.

At first glance he seems like a good fit for NU.
Is their a good WR coaching out there , looking for a job as well.

Reactions: HappyNUyear

If NU indeed has an opening to fill, Canada, at first glance, seems like a good fit.
Will Canada insist on punting on 3rd down? (Had to get that out of the way)

I think McCall will stay and Hank retires.

Reactions: Alvious
Let’s throw McCall a retirement party so he can get the hell out of dodge

My bet is it’s announced tomorrow (Monday).

Let the program and the players enjoy HAT for a full day before pivoting to the future.

My bet is it’s announced tomorrow (Monday).

Let the program and the players enjoy HAT for a full day before pivoting to the future.
What type of bet? Screen name? 1 month hiatus?

I just don't see it happening. Fitz will blame injuries and a poorly prepared "QB room"

Canada was very creative at Maryland under very difficult circumstances. Should have been named as the new coach but Maryland had politics in play after the player death. He is well known for a certain a style of offense but cannot recall what that offense is. Anyone know? Is that offense a fit for NU?

Canada was very creative at Maryland under very difficult circumstances. Should have been named as the new coach but Maryland had politics in play after the player death. He is well known for a certain a style of offense but cannot recall what that offense is. Anyone know? Is that offense a fit for NU?

He runs a ton of pre-snap shifts/formations, tends to be run-heavy.

Run-heavy would definitely fit with Fitz. For success, we need to be able to eat clock on the offense side.

Our players should be able to easily handle multiple shifts and formations. If Canada can innovate at all in the passing game, it would be an upgrade. Anderson's OL improvement will help both the running and passing games. Could be a win-win.

Canada is much in demand, expensive and looking for a head coaching gig per quick internet search.

For reasons of fit, I would love to see Brent Vigen of Wyoming. Run-oriented coach who has only ever won, usually at NDSU and now at Wyoming. Was Carson Wentz’s QB coach.

Downside is lack of high-level recruiting experience. Also, no connection to any programs besides NDSU and Wyoming. (In some ways — that’s a good thing — he’s not necessarily jumping to a higher-profile staff with whom he has a previous connection.)

This will be like the time we on the board pulled the Davidson coach out of a hat for the job that Chris Collins got...but, it seems like the type of guy that would interest Fitz and that perhaps he’s tracked.

https://gowyo.com/staff-directory/brent-vigen/121

Saw Canada bandied about above. Good offensive mind. Has done quite well financially at his last 2 stops, albeit brief ones, after buy-outs at LSU and Maryland. Must be nice to get paid millions NOT to work. Can afford to be choosy.

Has high opinion of himself and coaching abilities. Not easy to work with is the word. If he's going to be a HC, will have to start at pretty low end job.

Saw Canada bandied about above. Good offensive mind. Has done quite well financially at his last 2 stops, albeit brief ones, after buy-outs at LSU and Maryland. Must be nice to get paid millions NOT to work. Can afford to be choosy.

Has high opinion of himself and coaching abilities. Not easy to work with is the word. If he's going to be a HC, will have to start at pretty low end job.

Doesn't sound like a Fitz kind of guy.

I'm not sure that Fitz would choose someone such as Canada who (a) changes jobs with alarming frequency and (b) seems to make as many headlines as the head coach. At NU under the last ten years, the coordinators generally flew well below the radar, whether that was McCall's and Hank's style or whether that's that way Fitz wants it.

I'm not sure that Fitz would choose someone such as Canada who (a) changes jobs with alarming frequency and (b) seems to make as many headlines as the head coach. At NU under the last ten years, the coordinators generally flew well below the radar, whether that was McCall's and Hank's style or whether that's that way Fitz wants it.

A great manager allows their staff to explore opportunities elsewhere and promotes advancement. Controlling managers fail to allow their employees to grow/advance their careers.

turnover isn’t good and it isn’t bad, it just depends what type of turnover.

Reactions: evanston09
A great manager allows their staff to explore opportunities elsewhere and promotes advancement. Controlling managers fail to allow their employees to grow/advance their careers.

turnover isn’t good and it isn’t bad, it just depends what type of turnover.

I like apple turnovers.

Reactions: TheC
Rich Rod now available. Like Canada, received a great pay day in his buyout from Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT