ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread for NU vs. NU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It's a spectacular sunny day in Lincoln, with temperatures in the mid-50s for the 345th consecutive sellout at Memorial Stadium. Winds are blowing in from the East.

It will be good vs. evil today, as Nebraska is wearing the all-black uniforms while Northwestern is sporting the all-white get up (my personal favorite). Ironically, the Huskers will be honoring their 1995 national championship team today, a week after NU honored its 1995 Big Ten championship squad.

This press box is about as big and nice as you'd image for Memorial Stadium. (I've been here several times as a fan, but this is my first time in the press box.)

Obvoius hold by Buckley that probably prevented a tackle.

and great start so far, 3rd and long

The flag on the return, a 3 and out and a short punt giving good field position to Nebraska just summed up our last 2 games

Deja Vue all over again. As usual the Cats didn't come to play today. They are just going through the motions. :(

Field position is key for this team. We can't keep putting the offense in a position to go 80 yards to score and we can't put the defense in position to defend a short field. That penalty was a terrible way to start the game and the Niswander punt was horrible.

Many were talking that Nebraska in black is lame, their uniforms are bad a55. And NU looks much better today. NU scores

Little miracles...I honestly figured we were settling for 3 when Thorson didn't make the pylon.

Thorson came to play.

His legs are his best attribute right now. That was not a designed run but it will open up things in this game. Thorson must keep the ball more often in the read option, designed run game. That will open things up for JJ and the play action game.

7-3 start and the Wildcats force a punt on the next possession by the Cornhuskers, but fair catch was awful mental lapse.

Young Wildcats ...

Bad mental error again. Need more field awareness, and somebody needs to tell Shuler to let that punt go. If we get stuffed, Nebbie has a short field again.

That was stupid. Why he didn't let that go out of the end zone. Can't make stupid mistakes

Field position is key for this team. We can't keep putting the offense in a position to go 80 yards to score and we can't put the defense in position to defend a short field. That penalty was a terrible way to start the game and the Niswander punt was horrible.

ABSOLUTE stupidity by Shuler. Second killer mistake on special teams that gives horrible field position. Those are the mistakes that lose games. I am ready to see someone else returning punts.

Shuler - It's called "situational awareness" fella. The punt drives you to your 3 yard line, you DON'T call a FAIR CATCH, son. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And you wonder why you've been outscored by 68 points in the last 2 B1G games. Where is the ST coaching staff on this stupidity?

Interesting. People want passing more on first down. The one time we'd probably want a run on first down NU calls a pass and lets four Huskers through the line to attack Thorson. Didn't have a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT