ADVERTISEMENT

Official - Holiday vs Utah

Media will mock this one as a boring game, but I love the matchup. I think you have two similar teams that play good defense and don’t beat themselves.

Is Moss back for Utah? Missed the last several games with injury. When healthy, he’s a really nice RB.

Huge opportunity to finish the season ranked with a 9th win. Currently #22 in final CFP poll (doesn't rank after bowl season).

For post-season rankings: we are currently #26 (only 1 vote below #25 Iowa State) in AP Poll and #22 in Coaches Poll.

Utah is #17 in the final CFP ranking as well as #20 in the AP and #19 in the Coaches polls.

A win against them means we'll probably finish around 19-21 in both final polls.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
This will be a tough one. I think Whittingham has only lost 1 bowl game in his entire tenure at Utah

This will be a tough one. I think Whittingham has only lost 1 bowl game in his entire tenure at Utah
Utah lost their best QB and best RB in early November to injuries, and their offense has struggled since.

It all depends imo on whether they get that QB Tyler Huntley back.

If not, we should be favored by 3-7 points. If they do get him back, it's probably a pick 'em.

Great to get to play the team from The Great Salt Lake on New Year’s Eve Holiday in the Holiday Bowl!

PAC-12 was flat-out awful this year, and their championship looked like a high school gsme compared to us vs. OSU. Pretty much a dream matchup for us...

Utah lost their best QB and best RB in early November to injuries, and their offense has struggled since.

It all depends imo on whether they get that QB Tyler Huntley back.

If not, we should be favored by 3-7 points. If they do get him back, it's probably a pick 'em.
Huntley should be back by then.

Media will mock this one as a boring game, but I love the matchup. I think you have two similar teams that play good defense and don’t beat themselves.

Is Moss back for Utah? Missed the last several games with injury. When healthy, he’s a really nice RB.
Nope. Moss is done for the season.

Utah is far from a pushover. I’d say they’re probably a Michigan State/Iowa/Wisconsin level opponent.
Yeah, their defense is stout. If Huntley is healthy and back, that means their offense will at least be able to move the ball through the air.

Reactions: rmndcat
Yeah, their defense is stout. If Huntley is healthy and back, that means their offense will at least be able to move the ball through the air.
They had a stretch of 4 games in the middle of the year where they scored over 40 points a game. A much more potent offense than NU?

They had a stretch of 4 games in the middle of the year where they scored over 40 points a game. A much more potent offense than NU?
They had some really great RB play from Zach Moss during that stretch.

If we can shut down their running game with their backup RB Shyne, they'll be forced into the air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT