ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State

Coming into this season, I thought we had our best shot of upsetting OSU. Friday night game, rebuild year for Bucks, new Coach, OSU likely looking past us etc. at least thought it would be close. Now, I wouldn’t touch the game getting 35 points. NU take a big hit this year on its way to getting that national respect they were driving towards.

Have to say I never thought I'd see the day the mighty Cornhuskers would carry a field kicker off the field after a last second win over Northwestern. I don't mean that as a slam against Northwestern but I guess it shows the depth to which the Corn boys have fallen.

Have to say I never thought I'd see the day the mighty Cornhuskers would carry a field kicker off the field after a last second win over Northwestern. I don't mean that as a slam against Northwestern but I guess it shows the depth to which the Corn boys have fallen.
The reason he was carried off was because he's not a field goal kicker. He's just a random guy on the team because we have no non injured kickers left.

Reactions: Titanium999
I would rather carry off our guy. Wouldn’t have even needed to throw if he made a very makable FG. NU can’t miss FG’s with this offense.

The *uckeyes can’t fall because they’ve always been in the basement morally.

How long will it be until you face NCAA sanctions and another postseason ban?

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Will be the first home game I do not attend since 2001. I don’t need to see NU lose by 40.

This year's version of OSU - and I don't believe I'm saying this - could possibly be more talented and better than any of the Meyer or Tressel teams - so far. They are scary good right now. The biggest difference is their defense which was basically non existent the last couple of years. You know they're really good when an SEC homer like Paul Finebaum rates them the best team in the country.

This year's version of OSU - and I don't believe I'm saying this - could possibly be more talented and better than any of the Meyer or Tressel teams - so far. They are scary good right now. The biggest difference is their defense which was basically non existent the last couple of years. You know they're really good when an SEC homer like Paul Finebaum rates them the best team in the country.

Start Aidan again. No need to beat up HJ's ego and break him and give him another week to heal. Let him come back after dOSU strong and unbroken.

I can't believe I'm giving up already against dOSU, butt that's what McCall has done to me.

Reactions: Titanium999
I can't believe I'm giving up already against dOSU, butt that's what McCall has done to me.
That way OSU is playing this year, it wouldn't matter if Andy Reid was the NU OC, Cats aren't beating the Bucks. I think OSU might be the best team in the country.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Nothing I saw last night changes my opinion of OSU. If I had any doubts about their kicker, he booted a 55 yarder last night, which fulfilled my prophesy that OSU would reach 30 by the half. Nothing better than some guy who makes you look smart.

But OSU made me think of the conversation between Bill Munny and The Schofield Kid in Unforgiven:

The Schofield Kid : [after killing a man for the first time] It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.

Will Munny : It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid : Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny : We all got it coming, kid.

Whoever faces off against OSU this season has got it coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT