ADVERTISEMENT

On Bates' departure

Northwestern will hire a third new coach as LB coach Randy Bates leaves to become the defensive coordinator at Pitt.

Bates departure will continue shuffling of NU's staff
all the good ones leave. Fitz is addressing that by bringing on those that bleed purple. Id be surprised if he brings someone in without previous NU blood.
As far as Bates, that makes sense. I knew his father who coached at Warren Harding/Reserve and I think Bates went to school there. His father (I hope he is still alive) knew all of the YSU coaches. Narduzzi is from Youngstown and his old man was coach at YSU I believe and most likely is familiar with the Bates family, given all the history in Mahoning/Trumbull Counties. Nobody told me, just trying to connect the dots.

all the good ones leave. Fitz is addressing that by bringing on those that bleed purple. Id be surprised if he brings someone in without previous NU blood.
As far as Bates, that makes sense. I knew his father who coached at Warren Harding/Reserve and I think Bates went to school there. His father (I hope he is still alive) knew all of the YSU coaches. Narduzzi is from Youngstown and his old man was coach at YSU I believe and most likely is familiar with the Bates family, given all the history in Mahoning/Trumbull Counties. Nobody told me, just trying to connect the dots.
Is there somebody else like Ayeni or McGarigle to bring back in? There was speculation on those 2 coming back when there was the expected open slot (and unexpected slot from retirement); granted he can promote somebody from within, but there's still a decent chance an outsider comes to the program.

Is there somebody else like Ayeni or McGarigle to bring back in? There was speculation on those 2 coming back when there was the expected open slot (and unexpected slot from retirement); granted he can promote somebody from within, but there's still a decent chance an outsider comes to the program.

Check the Rock...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT