ADVERTISEMENT

One That Got Away...

Don't read too much into this. From his comments I think this guy was fixated on the SEC. in general, I do think our lack of success with OL development is clearly hampering our ability to recruit quality prospects.
His dad played at NU and he was giddy to get offer from Arkansas while on an NU visit. nuff said.

The irony is that, aside from his family connections to NU, this board likely would have been up in arms if he had committed to NU. "HE ONLY HAD OFFERS FROM ARKANSAS, IOWA STATE, AND COLORADO STATE!!??!!?!! WE NEED TO BE DOING BETTER THAN THAT!!!"
He has no family connections to NU

It does make you wonder if the OL coach at Arkansas could be someone we look at if Fitz decides to reshuffle his staff next year and bring in a 10th coach. With his connections to Evanston and NU he would certainly be someone worth evaluating.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
It does make you wonder if the OL coach at Arkansas could be someone we look at if Fitz decides to reshuffle his staff next year and bring in a 10th coach. With his connections to Evanston and NU he would certainly be someone worth evaluating.
Shake up the coaching staff? Did they legalize pot in your state?

Shake up the coaching staff? Did they legalize pot in your state?

I think there is a better chance to see it happen next year when the 10th position coach is added. Fitz could reshuffle responsibilities without letting anyone go, which I think has been part of the hesitancy to this point. I think expectations are up this season for a variety of reasons and another sub par year from the OL may force Fitz's hand. I certainly feel a sense of urgency with some the shuffling that is going on with that unit and also with the news that Heffner is working full time with the unit. If the OL performs poorly again this season, I just don't see how a change can be resisted.

Kurt Anderson's bio is attached for those that are interested.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/kurt-anderson/#sm.0001q53vshcaod16zs51m1zy5zsud

Reactions: NJCat
That's correct. The OL coach at Arkansas, not Shane Clenin, was the one whose dad played at NU and who grew up in Evanston.

Woops... that's what I get for reading/posting from my phone on the train. Regardless, that probably strengthens my point somewhat.

The final paragraph definitely brings forth more questions than answers:

"Anderson and his wife Jennifer have five children: sons Hawken and Torin, daughter Dagny and twins Odin and Raina."

Question: Do the twins have the same gender? Different genders? Which one?

Note: It's a shame that they've cut out Glenview as his rightful hometown. His brother Erick was a Butkus winner at Michigan in the 1991. Both from Glenbrook South.

Bielema has always been pretty adept at recruiting OL, going back to his Badger days, right? Score one for him.

This kid appears to be enamored with the SEC brand of football, which is totally fine. Selling him on the B1G and NU appeared to be an uphill battle. Too bad we could not pull it off, but it's hard to call this a recruiting "loss" under the circumstances.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I think there is a better chance to see it happen next year when the 10th position coach is added. Fitz could reshuffle responsibilities without letting anyone go, which I think has been part of the hesitancy to this point. I think expectations are up this season for a variety of reasons and another sub par year from the OL may force Fitz's hand. I certainly feel a sense of urgency with some the shuffling that is going on with that unit and also with the news that Heffner is working full time with the unit. If the OL performs poorly again this season, I just don't see how a change can be resisted.

Kurt Anderson's bio is attached for those that are interested.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/kurt-anderson/#sm.0001q53vshcaod16zs51m1zy5zsud

Corbi, do you think that Coach Heffner's spending more time with the OL ( read this on a previous
post ) is indicative that Fitz is already showing his hand?

Wishful thinking...

The final paragraph definitely brings forth more questions than answers:

"Anderson and his wife Jennifer have five children: sons Hawken and Torin, daughter Dagny and twins Odin and Raina."

Question: Do the twins have the same gender? Different genders? Which one?

Note: It's a shame that they've cut out Glenview as his rightful hometown. His brother Erick was a Butkus winner at Michigan in the 1991. Both from Glenbrook South.
Maybe they are being raised non gender specific.

Corbi, do you think that Coach Heffner's spending more time with the OL ( read this on a previous
post ) is indicative that Fitz is already showing his hand?

I do think it is a sign that FItz thinks something needs to change. With Taj FItz, a team predicted to compete for the Big CHampionship, clearly the expectations bar has been raised and I think FItz understands that. If the OL is sub par again this year, I think FItz will use the addition of a 10th assistant coach next year as the catalyst to shuffle things around. No one would blame him. He has good ben the OL multiple years to find its way and it has not happened as of yet.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

... and he brings the kid with him?

Maybe they are being raised non gender specific.

And the same parents are sending their kid to Arkansas? I doubt it.

Odin is most definitely a male. Raina is a girl. So not identical but fraternal twins of different genders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT