ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Line vs Illinois

Their walk-on QB has played really well. The offense will have to be better than we saw in the Purdue game.
Are you talking about John Paddock? Are you sure he is a walk on? Started last year at Ball State so if he technically is a walk on in reality he is a D1 experienced QB. I agree he has looked better than their original QB and the last three weeks NU hAs caught a break and has gone up against putrid QB’s. Ok one was hurt, but the other two are just plain bad.

Bert is down to one RB. So very thin there. The real threat he has is the WR Williams who is a very good player. Stay all over him and we should do fine.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I would prefer Paddock, who is a capable passer but not a threat to run. Altmyer is also more of a pocket passer, but is very fast when he decides to go. He can burn you with his feet.

I have confidence in our DB's in coverage if we can get some pressure on the QB.

Reactions: drewjin
I would prefer Paddock, who is a capable passer but not a threat to run. Altmyer is also more of a pocket passer, but is very fast when he decides to go. He can burn you with his feet.

I have confidence in our DB's in coverage if we can get some pressure on the QB.
So you are offering a choice between the dreaded mobile QB and the dreaded 2nd string QB.

Having Coco out doesn't help. He's our best player

So you are offering a choice between the dreaded mobile QB and the dreaded 2nd string QB.

Having Coco out doesn't help. He's our best player
I am guessing that Coco returns for the Illannoys game. Even if he doesn't play a lot, I have confidence in our backup safeties. As @Hungry Jack says, we need to pressure the QB, and I like how Hubbard, Saka, & co. are playing at the moment.

Paddock is 23 years old and very experienced and he's probably on scholarship now, but he may have walked on as a grad transfer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT