ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball offseason and free agents 2019-2020 edition

Also if we're going to be talking inside info I'd rather move this to the paid board

I would but the PKK would lose their collective minds and subscriptions would go down if I appeared over there. Gcg and corbi need their safe space.

Yasmani Gandalf to the Sox! 4 yrs, 73(?) Million. Let's freaking go!

Very nice deal for them. It’s scary signing a catcher entering his 30s like that, but they can use him, Abreu and McCann this year as a three-headed C, 1B, DH monster, and if he ages to the point that he can’t catch anymore, he can just play 1B/DH towards the end of the contract.

Reactions: IGNORE
Well, my day has peaked.

Wheeler on deck I think, then RF. I would put money on them signing Encarnacion to DH which would be great since he'd be a 1 year, 12MM deal or so. Then an SP4-5 and relief and that's a wrap. Let's go win

Very nice deal for them. It’s scary signing a catcher entering his 30s like that, but they can use him, Abreu and McCann this year as a three-headed C, 1B, DH monster, and if he ages to the point that he can’t catch anymore, he can just play 1B/DH towards the end of the contract.
Where is Jimenez going to play, DH???

The same position Babe plays for the Cubs. Except Jimenez will play against both Righties and Lefties.

This might go down with the Lou Brock trade in Cubs lore.
Except Schwarber hits righties and lefties well and with more power. He also has one of the strongest throwing arms in baseball. Face facts, Jimenez is really a DH, simply because he has trouble catching the ball. Maybe the Sox can trade him for some pitching. God knows they need it.

Except Schwarber hits righties and lefties well and with more power. He also has one of the strongest throwing arms in baseball. Face facts, Jimenez is really a DH, simply because he has trouble catching the ball. Maybe the Sox can trade him for some pitching. God knows they need it.
Willy you are blinded by your hatred of the White Sox. Your idea of hitting well must be a career 235 average and lower against lefties. One of the strongest throwing arms is ridiculous. In fact he gets OF put outs because everybody attempts to run on him. Nothing against Babe, he is what he is. Good power, below average OF, not a good batting average. Kind of what the Cubs historically put in the OF. Would be a decent DH. The White Sox wouldn’t trade Eloy for Babe, Almora and Happ combined. JaHey couldn’t bring back a sack of baseballs with his contract. In fact the Sox wouldn’t trade Luis Robert for the entire Cubs OF. You want to talk about a subpar MLB outfield look no further than the North side. It’s too bad, because the Cubs IF is pretty good.

Willy you are blinded by your hatred of the White Sox. Your idea of hitting well must be a career 235 average and lower against lefties. One of the strongest throwing arms is ridiculous. In fact he gets OF put outs because everybody attempts to run on him. Nothing against Babe, he is what he is. Good power, below average OF, not a good batting average. Kind of what the Cubs historically put in the OF. Would be a decent DH. The White Sox wouldn’t trade Eloy for Babe, Almora and Happ combined. JaHey couldn’t bring back a sack of baseballs with his contract. In fact the Sox wouldn’t trade Luis Robert for the entire Cubs OF. You want to talk about a subpar MLB outfield look no further than the North side. It’s too bad, because the Cubs IF is pretty good.
Actually the Cubs team has it all over the taxpayer funded White Sox. I'll take Schwarber over Jiminez every day and twice on Sunday. You must be into the sauce early, if you really think that Robert is better then the entire Cubs OF. Get back to me when the Sox have a winning record.

Actually the Cubs team has it all over the taxpayer funded White Sox. I'll take Schwarber over Jiminez every day and twice on Sunday. You must be into the sauce early, if you really think that Robert is better then the entire Cubs OF. Get back to me when the Sox have a winning record.
Glad you aren’t my GM, but keep your Schtick going on tax payers park, it never gets old.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Since when does record matter? I thought it was all about attendance. Popular teams are the real winners!
Really are the Sox a popular team? Who knew! Under .500 record and one of the worst draws in MLB.

Supposedly the bidding for Zack Wheeler is up to 6yr $126 million. That's Yu Darvish money. He's probably not worth it but if you're the Sox I think you have to roll the dice and go all in.
I just mixed my gambling metaphors. I will sit for two minutes and feel shame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT