ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bears staying in Chicago

BosCat

Nov 29, 2008
Looks like the burbs are out... NBC5

"Chicago Bears to invest over $2 billion to build new stadium near Soldier Field, reversing plans to move from city center" CNN-Link

The "Friends of the Parks" group is already sharpening pitchforks to fight this idea. Having previously killed George Lucas' museum dreams for that space, they're ready for a Round 2...

Reactions: Hungry Jack

"Chicago Bears to invest over $2 billion to build new stadium near Soldier Field, reversing plans to move from city center" CNN-Link
I think they’re bluffing. Really, building a stadium just to the south of Soldier Field? Are they then going to tear SF down? Or remove the bowl and leave the historic structure and use it for something else?

I think they’re bluffing. Really, building a stadium just to the south of Soldier Field? Are they then going to tear SF down? Or remove the bowl and leave the historic structure and use it for something else?
At least in the article I read, yes, they would tear SF down.

I think your conclusion is premature. Certainly Kevin Warren seems to prefer a city location but there are so many obstacles to overcome. I would not rule out Arlington Heights just yet. I’d put the odds at 60/40 in favor of a city location right now.

The "Friends of the Parks" group is already sharpening pitchforks to fight this idea. Having previously killed George Lucas' museum dreams for that space, they're ready for a Round 2...
Lucas was not the Bears

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT