ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bears

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
(Note: for some indeterminate reason the search does not yield the Bears thread we started a few months back. Thus, a new one)

I think the Bears will be just fine. Really. Every arrow is pointing up!

All they need to do this offseason is:
1) Hire a new head coach who can game plan and make in-game adjustments (the QB option on the key 3rd and 1 in Q4 made me want to gouge my eyes with a spinnaker pole)
2) Find a QB who can make hot reads, find an open guy, and make good throws on vertical routes
3) Find 2-3 guys who can block consistently
4) Find a TE who can threaten a defense a bit
5) Find a kicker who is league-average inside 40 yards
6) Find a slot corner who doesn’t let Cooper Krupp blow right by him from the LOS
7) Cover Kyle Fuller’s hands in flypaper glue

I'm not stupid. All the pieces are in place. We get off the bus running. This is our championship season. We have great practices.

Roger! That's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrillCat and IGNORE
(Note: for some indeterminate reason the search does not yield the Bears thread we started a few months back. Thus, a new one)

1) Hire a new head coach who can game plan and make in-game adjustments (the QB option on the key 3rd and 1 in Q4 made me want to gouge my eyes with a spinnaker pole)
2) Find a QB who can make hot reads, find an open guy, and make good throws on vertical routes
6) Find a slot corner who doesn’t let Cooper Krupp blow right by him from the LOS

I'm not stupid. All the pieces are in place. We get off the bus running. This is our championship season. We have great practices.

Roger! That's it.
Wish I could take issue with some of this, I really do.:(

Geez, that option call. Yeesh.

Isolated incident, not worthy of a bullet point, but yeesh.

(Yahoo made an update to include ‘tags’. It appears any update from before then is lost to search history forever, or at least today.)

Roger! That's it.

Maybe they can steal McCall from NU. I hear he is a QB guru and genius offensive mind.

Good grief. I just watched Mahomes roll right, throw 25 yards downfield off his back foot and drop a perfect strike into Kelce's hands are he runs a vertical sideline route. I don't think Trubisky could get a ball within 5 yards of that placement, which was perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT