ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Carr shines at Pats camp

BosCat

Nov 29, 2008
OK only day 1, but headline on Boston Herald website: "Austin Carr makes a highlight catch at first day of Patriots camp"

I really hope he does well enough to make it on another team so I don't have to root even a little for Pats.

Here is link: Carr

OK - here is link from Globe site with video. It's a nice catch and great to see D have to do push-ups!
40sec mark: Video

Honestly, I think Austin Carr is simply a superior human being. As much as I love football, I wonder if he should be wasting his potential playing football. The guy is eloquent, a gifted musician, who knows what else, hell I even think he is handsome. He has shown by being a walk on at NU who ends up in the NFL that he is able to do anything he puts his mind to. He got into NU W.O. any football connection. He is brilliant in so many ways.

Honestly, I think Austin Carr is simply a superior human being. As much as I love football, I wonder if he should be wasting his potential playing football. The guy is eloquent, a gifted musician, who knows what else, hell I even think he is handsome. He has shown by being a walk on at NU who ends up in the NFL that he is able to do anything he puts his mind to. He got into NU W.O. any football connection. He is brilliant in so many ways.

I hate to break it to you...but I'm pretty sure A.C. Either got married or engaged this past off-season.

Austin Carr has his work cut out for him, if he wants to make the Pats roster.

DGn_B4tXgAIvby9.jpg

Austin Carr has his work cut out for him, if he wants to make the Pats roster.

DGn_B4tXgAIvby9.jpg
Apparently a depth chart put out in early pre-season by a Bill Belichek coached team means almost nothing, so don't read too much into the order of how players are listed. That said, there are a lot of veteran WRs on that team and AC's best bet is probably a year on the practice squad until Amendola is gone.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I have not been more confident about an NU player's pro prospects since I was sure John Shurna was headed for a second-round NBA draft slot.

(Actually, I'm considerably more confident that Carr will make the team. It seems to me that *reliability* more than otherworldly speed or strength is the key criteria for a spot on a Brady / Beichick offense. Carr is skillful and was open all the time, but his consistency is his most defining trait.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT