ADVERTISEMENT

OT: first amendment (not really)

how bout you try and start a legitimate discussion by not starting with the word FIRE......and for your info....https://www.king5.com/article/news/verify/verify-social-media-bans-dont-violate-1st-amendment/507-af0d18fb-2ce3-4a51-82a2-b2a3374f30f5

how bout you try and start a legitimate discussion by not starting with the word FIRE......and for your info....https://www.king5.com/article/news/verify/verify-social-media-bans-dont-violate-1st-amendment/507-af0d18fb-2ce3-4a51-82a2-b2a3374f30f5
I changed the subject line — respectfully suggesting the consideration of a mutual parting of ways to allow Springer to pursue other exciting opportunities !

Oh well.

I hope the WRs are better. Ain’t nothing but opportunity for the rising junior class.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Could you imagine if recruits could see the Rant Board? Good thing they can’t.
Considering the stupidity that political discussions online can display, I think our Rant Board is particularly awesome.

Recruits and their parents (and ppl on coaching staffs) do read forums like this.

It's often one of the ways they can find some insight or discussion from fans in an easily observable way.

Which is why we have to be careful with how we phrase things around here. It's why negative threads about individual players or coaches will typically be deleted. There are real people that will read these things and be affected.

Either way, we do all have high expectations for our WR group and I'm sure Bajakian and Fitz do as well.

What have I been watching? Bowman, McGowan and Lees looked like three pretty solid receivers to me. Lots of clutch plays. Yes, we need more speed but I like the Kansas transfer and we don't know enough about the younger guys. Can't we just enjoy a great season for a while before we start posting this kinds of stuff?

Reactions: cat inkansas
I’ll note we have a two-month old, five-page thread called “Time for Chris Collins to Go” (or something similar) on the hoops board.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I’ll note we have a two-month old, five-page thread called “Time for Chris Collins to Go” (or something similar) on the hoops board.
Yeah but everyone knows the person who posted that is an idiot.

Reactions: NUCat320
Eliminating a threat suggesting that the WR coach of a decade has underperformed?

What is this, @lou v , Peegs?

@IGNORE2 , do your worst :)

I was flying today. Wow, Twitter and the liberals have really inspired the mods. Here we go with more koolaid crapola.

Springer sucks. Worst position coach on the Cats staff, in my humble opinion. I hope he gets the opportunity to move up and become the head coach at some really great D2 school as a sign of how amazing he has performed here. Are there any pee wee head coaching spots open?

Recruits and their parents (and ppl on coaching staffs) do read forums like this.

It's often one of the ways they can find some insight or discussion from fans in an easily observable way.

Which is why we have to be careful with how we phrase things around here. It's why negative threads about individual players or coaches will typically be deleted. There are real people that will read these things and be affected.

Either way, we do all have high expectations for our WR group and I'm sure Bajakian and Fitz do as well.

How do schools like Michigan, Iowa, etc get any recruits? The boards of legit programs can be brutal. Those poor recruits to those schools must not be able to read. Sadder that neither can their families :)

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
How do schools like Michigan, Iowa, etc get any recruits? The boards of legit programs can be brutal. Those poor recruits to those schools must not be able to read. Sadder that neither can their families :)
They do still read all this. There was an article about the top recruit in the state of Michigan and how he went to Alabama. Article spent quite a bit of time on the father of the recruit reading online forums to try to figure out why Harbaugh went cold on his son. Apparently some beef between the HC of the high school and Harbaugh has shut down that pipeline.

A lot of recruits and their parents probably have checked what these forums say about the program.

It's very easy to get to these boards from Google.

They do still read all this. There was an article about the top recruit in the state of Michigan and how he went to Alabama. Article spent quite a bit of time on the father of the recruit reading online forums to try to figure out why Harbaugh went cold on his son. Apparently some beef between the HC of the high school and Harbaugh has shut down that pipeline.

A lot of recruits and their parents probably have checked what these forums say about the program.

It's very easy to get to these boards from Google.

Yes they are easy to find and all the schools have them and most school have harsher team critical fans and yet those schools get too recruits. How is this possible if the soft snowflake recruits can’t handle harsh talk on a message board? How do those other schools still land them top recruits?

Yes they are easy to find and all the schools have them and most school have harsher team critical fans and yet those schools get too recruits. How is this possible if the soft snowflake recruits can’t handle harsh talk on a message board? How do those other schools still land them top recruits?
I'm not saying our discussions here are make or break, they're just a tiny factor. It's not any different from choosing where to go to school and going to forums like collegeconfidential.com and trying to compare schools. Nobody is going to put significant emphasis on a choice between say Northwestern and Cornell based on a thread comparing them on collegeconfidential.com. But it's just some information. Like any of our discussions here about the strengths/weaknesses of position groups.

And yes, I am well aware of how toxic other fanbases are towards their coaches and players. I don't see why we should use those as any sort of standard for our behavior.

I participate in plenty of the critical discussions around here about our program. Everyone has known for years that our offense has been underperforming relative to the defense. Fitz has made significant changes to the staff to try to change that.

It's clear that we do need to see some results from the WRs. I just don't see how inflammatory discussions helps us.

And yes, I am well aware of how toxic other fanbases are towards their coaches and players. I don't see why we should use those as any sort of standard for our behavior.

The Standard is not the current argument. The argument is that having a thread about a firing crappy position coach in the opinion of some fans will scare away recruits. So, as you note, other schools have much more ‘toxic ‘ discussions and land great recruits so I think the argument is wrong.

More importantly, I would like us to recruit WRs with pro aspirations. Those kids undoubtedly know the quality of the wr coaches in play and so the bigger factor discouraging quality wr recruits would be the quality of the wr coach.

It would be nice to see those folks so concerned about scaring away recruits voice concerns that quality coaching may be costing us recruits. Much more than some stupid message board with a couple of moods feeling empowered with all the censoring and canceling infecting the country.

... a couple of moods feeling empowered with all the censoring and canceling infecting the country.
[/QUOTE]

My moods have never seemed infectious to anyone.

The Standard is not the current argument. The argument is that having a thread about a firing crappy position coach in the opinion of some fans will scare away recruits. So, as you note, other schools have much more ‘toxic ‘ discussions and land great recruits so I think the argument is wrong.

More importantly, I would like us to recruit WRs with pro aspirations. Those kids undoubtedly know the quality of the wr coaches in play and so the bigger factor discouraging quality wr recruits would be the quality of the wr coach.

It would be nice to see those folks so concerned about scaring away recruits voice concerns that quality coaching may be costing us recruits. Much more than some stupid message board with a couple of moods feeling empowered with all the censoring and canceling infecting the country.
Because we've seen the same song and dance for years. Patience is needed right now because Bajakian is going on year 2, and we hope he has a more stable situation to build around at least pertaining to QB/RB going forward, and then we'll get to see what our younger WRs have turned into...

So this upcoming year is a good one to measure what needs changing offensively. Fitz has made more changes to his staff in the past few years than in the entire first decade of his tenure. So it's understandable that he'd wait and see how things change before making another move. Fitz has been pretty deliberate about major changes, and there's no reason that would change now.

Could have easily said that last year was the right time to make a move at OC for the same reason. With the WR group, it feels like next year is just as critical as 2019 was for the entire offense.

Because we've seen the same song and dance for years. Patience is needed right now because Bajakian is going on year 2, and we hope he has a more stable situation to build around at least pertaining to QB/RB going forward, and then we'll get to see what our younger WRs have turned into...

So this upcoming year is a good one to measure what needs changing offensively. Fitz has made more changes to his staff in the past few years than in the entire first decade of his tenure. So it's understandable that he'd wait and see how things change before making another move. Fitz has been pretty deliberate about major changes, and there's no reason that would change now.

Could have easily said that last year was the right time to make a move at OC for the same reason. With the WR group, it feels like next year is just as critical as 2019 was for the entire offense.

With so many WRs out, needing to restock, I would say it would be a very good idea to send a message to the available WRs that a new coach is coming to town. Someone with some credibility - not saying Johns - but someone that actually played the position or has demonstrated success coaching WRs at a lower conference.

With so many WRs out, needing to restock, I would say it would be a very good idea to send a message to the available WRs that a new coach is coming to town. Someone with some credibility - not saying Johns - but someone that actually played the position or has demonstrated success coaching WRs at a lower conference.

A new OC landed us a pretty good QB and a pretty good TE last year

Reactions: cat inkansas
Another reason threads about Fitz or CC are probably a lot better to post than threads about assistants is that we don't hear from assistants regularly. You might hear from an OC/DC once a year or so.

The HC faces the media every game/week at this level. Fitz and CC bear responsibility for the performance of their teams.

Fans complaining about them is a lot more "fair" because it's a two-way discussion. Fitz/CC can defend the performance of their teams after losses.

Our basketball team has not performed anywhere near expectations the past 4 years, so it's a lot more understandable that our hoop fans are restless.

Another reason threads about Fitz or CC are probably a lot better to post than threads about assistants is that we don't hear from assistants regularly. You might hear from an OC/DC once a year or so.

The HC faces the media every game/week at this level. Fitz and CC bear responsibility for the performance of their teams.

Fans complaining about them is a lot more "fair" because it's a two-way discussion. Fitz/CC can defend the performance of their teams after losses.

Our basketball team has not performed anywhere near expectations the past 4 years, so it's a lot more understandable that our hoop fans are restless.

@zeek55 is a voice of reason on the free board. How refreshing.

Anyone wanna give me their referral link to sign up for the paid board? I suppose after 15 years it's time for me to dip my toes in the water.

it’s about time! I’m sending you a personal message. You can view the message and respond. The little envelope looking thing that is probably in the upper right of your screen will light up to show that you have received the message. Click on it. Type in response like you would for personal messenger on Facebook or an email,And click on the bottom where it says something like send to respond. You can do it

ADVERTISEMENT