ADVERTISEMENT

OT: First Female Scholarship Footballer in D2

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Becca Longo made history earlier this month when she signed a letter of intent to play football at Division II Adams State (Colorado), becoming the first female to play football on scholarship at the Division II level or higher.

CtPrFqKUMAAF-2q.jpg

Congrats to Becca!

Frankly, I would have a hard time playing at a place like Adams State when some great hiking, climbing and skiing is only an hour or two away. The Crestone group is basically in your back yard.
545226519_788f601e63_b.jpg

So that kicker on Coach Barnett's team in Colorado was not on scholarship?

Becca Longo made history earlier this month when she signed a letter of intent to play football at Division II Adams State (Colorado), becoming the first female to play football on scholarship at the Division II level or higher.

CtPrFqKUMAAF-2q.jpg

Congrats to Becca!

Frankly, I would have a hard time playing at a place like Adams State when some great hiking, climbing and skiing is only an hour or two away. The Crestone group is basically in your back yard.
If women are going to start playing on men's teams on scholarship, what implication does this have for Title IX? Does this mean that an equal number of men will have to be put on scholarship on women's teams?

If women are going to start playing on men's teams on scholarship, what implication does this have for Title IX? Does this mean that an equal number of men will have to be put on scholarship on women's teams?
Well it might mean one less scholarship available for womens sports.

CtPrFqKUMAAF-2q.jpg

Congrats to Becca!

She's a babe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT