ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ND gave up a home game to play Syracuse in NYC

catsattackfor3

Mar 2, 2011
Just read this and it is very interesting. Last December Notre Dame decided to move Saturdays home game to NYC and Yankee Stadium to play Syracuse. Syracuse as we all know is having a very good season and is currently ranked in the top 12 in most polls.

So in a must win game to get in the CFP ND now plays a top 12 team in their home state rather than at their home stadium. With the loss of seats moving from ND stadium to Yankee stadium I am sure there was a little lost revenue on tickets sales as well.

To top it all off the following week they are at USC so they have then scheduled themselves having to play on both coasts in a week

Just read this and it is very interesting. Last December Notre Dame decided to move Saturdays home game to NYC and Yankee Stadium to play Syracuse. Syracuse as we all know is having a very good season and is currently ranked in the top 12 in most polls.

So in a must win game to get in the CFP ND now plays a top 12 team in their home state rather than at their home stadium. With the loss of seats moving from ND stadium to Yankee stadium I am sure there was a little lost revenue on tickets sales as well.

To top it all off the following week they are at USC so they have then scheduled themselves having to play on both coasts in a week

That's a great argument for having a union to protect the student athletes.

Well they don’t have to worry about a conference championship to make the playoffs: they just have to beat a program that they’ve historically owned and then play a rivalry game in perfect weather against a program suffering a way down season. Pity ND.

I'm pretty sure there are more ND football fans in the NY metro area than Syracuse fans. And I also suspect that ticket prices reflect demand and supply. Don't cry any tears for old Notre Dame.

As far as their trip to LA, they are flying on a charter so most of the starters will probably have business class seats. It is only a 4 hour flight, piece of cake for a 21 year old. And USC sucks.

I remember when Bruce Corey sold our Ohio State home game to Cleveland in a money grab back in 1991. Another Dark Ages flashback. For those of us who suffered, these are indeed heady times.

Reactions: GreenBayCat
I remember when Bruce Corey sold our Ohio State home game to Cleveland in a money grab back in 1991. Another Dark Ages flashback. For those of us who suffered, these are indeed heady times.

That was the low point of my time at NU. It was truly bizarre. I remember hosting some Ohio area recruits as we were the “home team” and were permitted to offer comp tickets. Embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT