ADVERTISEMENT

OT - NFL Playoffs

Yes, playoffs.

As a Bears fan, watching Josh Allen and DeShaun Watson make plays all over the field makes me feel ill.
The Patriots (Brady) were taken OUT by the Titans.

Nice win by Vrabel against his former team. Henry is a 243 pound beast and I’ve loved watching him play since his Alabama days. The AFC is wide open for Lamar’s Ravens now, if it wasn’t already.

Brady’s claimed he wanted to play until he’s 45... but he looked kind of washed in that loss. 13 points scored plus a pick 6 on the final play. He may have finally met his match in Father Time.

The Patriots (Brady) were taken OUT by the Titans.

Nice win by Vrabel against his former team. Henry is a 243 pound beast and I’ve loved watching him play since his Alabama days. The AFC is wide open for Lamar’s Ravens now, if it wasn’t already.

Brady’s claimed he wanted to play until he’s 45... but he looked kind of washed in that loss. 13 points scored plus a pick 6 on the final play. He may have finally met his match in Father Time.
I don’t think the Patriots have any real weapons—guys who can change a game with one play. They are smart, disciplined,and are led by the best game planner in league history. But it’s not enough in today’s game.

I don’t think the Patriots have any real weapons—guys who can change a game with one play. They are smart, disciplined,and are led by the best game planner in league history. But it’s not enough in today’s game.

They haven't had any in a while and yet they still found a way to win with similar supporting casts. I think Brady is finally showing his age and should hang them up. Granted the supporting cast on offense may be slightly less talented than in recent years and their defense isn't nearly as good but I also think Brady's play is deteriorating.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
They haven't had any in a while and yet they still found a way to win with similar supporting casts. I think Brady is finally showing his age and should hang them up. Granted the supporting cast on offense may be slightly less talented than in recent years and their defense isn't nearly as good but I also think Brady's play is deteriorating.

Uhh.. they had Gronk last year. That is not similar to not having Gronk.

The Titans didn’t seem to have any deep threats either - Vrabel just beat Belichick at his own game.

Has Brady ever lost a playoff game where the opposing QB had less than 100 passing yards? Even last year that seemed unfathomable.

Foles played out of his mind to win that Super Bowl match-up. It was probably the most entertaining Super Bowl I can recall, although I’ve only been watching for a little over 20 years.

Uhh.. they had Gronk last year. That is not similar to not having Gronk.

Yes, Gronk was a great player but he was injured a lot and nowhere near the same player the last couple of years. They still found a way to win but not this year. Part of it is because Brady is finally starting to fade.

The Titans didn’t seem to have any deep threats either - Vrabel just beat Belichick at his own game.

Has Brady ever lost a playoff game where the opposing QB had less than 100 passing yards? Even last year that seemed unfathomable.

Foles played out of his mind to win that Super Bowl match-up. It was probably the most entertaining Super Bowl I can recall, although I’ve only been watching for a little over 20 years.
I don’t think the Tighty Whities can hang with the likes of Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Derrick Henry is fun to watch (34 carries!) and that defense is real, but if they fall behind I think it gets easy to force their hand. Henry is capable of carrying them against many teams, but if Tannehill has to make the plays to win, it spells trouble.

He's still better than half if not 2/3rds of the starting QBs in the league though. He's a warlock.

He's still better than half if not 2/3rds of the starting QBs in the league though. He's a warlock.

That’s probably right but who knows what his rate of physical deterioration will be. It makes it difficult for any team who will consider signing him, including the Patriots, to determine what his true value is at this point. Once that is determined, the question becomes does Brady want to play for that amount.

Last edited:
I don’t think the Tighty Whities can hang with the likes of Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Derrick Henry is fun to watch (34 carries!) and that defense is real, but if they fall behind I think it gets easy to force their hand. Henry is capable of carrying them against many teams, but if Tannehill has to make the plays to win, it spells trouble.
I don’t think any defense contain Lamar, at least not in the AFC. He is incredible and the Ravens OC did an awesome job adapting their scheme so that he could dominate the league.

That’s probably right but who knows what his rate of his physical deterioration will be. It makes it difficult for any team who will consider signing him, including the Patriots, to determine what his true value is at this point. Once that is determined, the question becomes does Brady want to play for that amount.

I've always been a Brady fan. Part of me thought he should retire after lastyear. Then part of me thought he should come back this year and win another. Well that didnt happen. At the beginning of the season he had a 3 headed monster at WR, but that went away quick with the Brown fiasco and Gordon being injured and then going to Seattle.

I think it will be hard for the Patriots to win it again next year, unless they acquire some major help. It seems very unlikely. You'll have a mediocre offense nextyear and Brady will be turning 43 before the season. 43!???

Erik

Reactions: corbi296
That’s probably right but who knows what his rate of physical deterioration will be. It makes it difficult for any team who will consider signing him, including the Patriots, to determine what his true value is at this point. Once that is determined, the question becomes does Brady want to play for that amount.
Brady was far from the problem with the O. The Pats had Brady and Edelman. Not much else that was needed to focus on. If Gordon & Brown weren’t complete clowns, the Pats advance,

Reactions: nugnrfan82
Brady was far from the problem with the O. The Pats had Brady and Edelman. Not much else that was needed to focus on. If Gordon & Brown weren’t complete clowns, the Pats advance,

Brady’s play deteriorated from previous seasons. He was part of the reason why they were not as good this year. That’s all I am trying to say.

Brady’s play deteriorated from previous seasons. He was part of the reason why they were not as good this year. That’s all I am trying to say.
I’m glad corbi ignored me. Particular so when I actually agree with him.

Henry is a 243 pound beast and I’ve loved watching him play since his Alabama days.

It's taken a surprisingly long time for him to find his pro game, but it's here today. What a barrrrute. At Bammer, after running all over some team as he's done so often, he had a TV interview and he showed what a gracious winner he is. I've like him ever since. His latest TV interview was pleasant, but the most striking thing about it was how huge he was next to the chiquita interviewing him. What a bright future awaits DH...

It's taken a surprisingly long time for him to find his pro game, but it's here today. What a barrrrute. At Bammer, after running all over some team as he's done so often, he had a TV interview and he showed what a gracious winner he is. I've like him ever since. His latest TV interview was pleasant, but the most striking thing about it was how huge he was next to the chiquita interviewing him. What a bright future awaits DH...
I can’t recall the last guy who could move a pile like him. Maybe Beast Mode, but his violent, flailing dervish style contrasts sharply with the bulldozing Henry.

Last edited:
Yes, playoffs.

As a Bears fan, watching Josh Allen and DeShaun Watson make plays all over the field makes me feel ill.
What's wrong with Trubinsky, other than the fact that he can't read defenses, can't hit receivers when they're open, and generally doesn't know what to do, he's pretty good!

Reactions: willycat
What's wrong with Trubinsky, other than the fact that he can't read defenses, can't hit receivers when they're open, and generally doesn't know what to do, he's pretty good!
He overthrows a lot of deep seam routes that leaves big plays on the table. And Nagy has publicly stated that he has trouble reading defenses (which is pretty obvious when watching him). He really seems to struggle to find the hot routes pre-snap. He also does not see the entire field once the play has begun. He does better on broken plays because they typically shrink the field, and he is remarkably accurate throwing on the run.

I have no idea if he can outgrow his inability to make pre-snap reads and work through his progressions fast. Generally, I think the answer is yes, but that is going to require a lot of patience. He will never be Aaron Rodgers---but most QBs aren't Aaron Rodgers.

Today’s game isn’t necessarily *good* football, but it sure is entertaining football.

Reactions: Fitz51
Today’s game isn’t necessarily *good* football, but it sure is entertaining football.
After the Chiefs' 1st TD, I opined out loud that there was plenty of time for them to score again in the first half and kind of get back in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT