ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

The little runt won't respond. No shot in hell. The White Sox pen is filthy. Imagine Gio staring through your soul for 6 innings then getting a dose of Heuer, Foster, Crochet, Marshall, Bummer and Hendriks....Jesus

Reactions: IGNORE2
The idea of Crochet to bullpen is old news. And Sox bullpen is now stacked. My thought: bring that next FA SP in, be it Bauer or Q, plan for Cease at 5. And bring Kopech into the Sales protocol.

We will have rotation injuries and failures. Instead of focusing on Crochet as heir apparent, why not throw kopech into MLB situations and then let him work into the rotation if deserved?

The idea of Crochet to bullpen is old news. And Sox bullpen is now stacked. My thought: bring that next FA SP in, be it Bauer or Q, plan for Cease at 5. And bring Kopech into the Sales protocol.

We will have rotation injuries and failures. Instead of focusing on Crochet as heir apparent, why not throw kopech into MLB situations and then let him work into the rotation if deserved?

Go check out the offseason work Cease is doing with Katz

I read about that. I take puff pieces only so much. Let’s see how it’s plays. But what do you think of my idea for Kopech?

Kopech will start in Charlotte, assuming they have a season, and throw about 140 innings this year with later 100 of those innings being in Chicago

Liam Hendricks is not a complimentary piece. C’mon HJ, no more Revolution Brewing Products this early or I’m driving lil Hungry home.

I haven't gotten a clear sense of how people feel about the Hendricks signing. I love having him on the roster, but I don't love the contract. The bullpen is wow-nasty, but what essentially appears to be 4 years/$52 million for a 31-year old who relies on his hard stuff concerns me. And the backup plan at catcher is a concern, but otherwise really like what the Sox have done. Interesting how the Sox signings compare to the Yankees DJLM contract that is being reported. 6 years/$90mill seems like a steal for him. Have to think that the pandemic is really suppressing free agent contracts a bunch. Really odd offseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320
I haven't gotten a clear sense of how people feel about the Hendricks signing. I love having him on the roster, but I don't love the contract. The bullpen is wow-nasty, but what essentially appears to be 4 years/$52 million for a 31-year old who relies on his hard stuff concerns me. And the backup plan at catcher is a concern, but otherwise really like what the Sox have done. Interesting how the Sox signings compare to the Yankees DJLM contract that is being reported. 6 years/$90mill seems like a steal for him. Have to think that the pandemic is really suppressing free agent contracts a bunch. Really odd offseason.
Like most multi year deals on older pitchers, the tail end of the contract probably isn’t great. However, Colome scared the crap out of me going into this year. I know he did great, but his peripherals were in decline. Seemed to always work out of trouble. An incredible streak that didn’t seem sustainable.

There are huge arms in the BP. Big Poppa Pump arms! If he falters, another should be ready.

Reactions: hoosboot
If you are the white Sox , and have a roster full of young live arms, you can typically find a closer from that group without him to pay a premium on the free agency market.

I hate to agree with this but I do... at the same time Hendriks is stupid filthy. I won't ever complain with having a pitcher of his ilk in the back end of the pen.

Just wish they nut up once for Bauer or Springer. Just once

Reactions: IGNORE2
I hate to agree with this but I do... at the same time Hendriks is stupid filthy. I won't ever complain with having a pitcher of his ilk in the back end of the pen.

Just wish they nut up once for Bauer or Springer. Just once

Agree about Hendricks. The MLB network top 10 relievers list gives the White Sox 2 of the top 8 bullpen guys in Hendricks and Bummer. It's a very "Nasty Boys" pen and gives the Sox a ton to work with.

On the bigtime free agent front, I can't help thinking that Jerry is scarred for life by the Bartolo Colon and Albert Belle signings of decades gone by. The Sox haven't seen to gotten nearly as much value from their big free agent swings as they have their small free agent swings (Dallas Keuchel notwithstanding.)

Quintana to Angels. Lester ( my favorite Cub) goes to Nats for $2M with another $3M deferred. Cubs HAVE to dump KB and Willy C. For something now. Complete tear down mode, while the division is there for the taking.
Cubs could dump both guys and still be in the running. It’s a shame that the Sox are the only team in either Central trying this season.

Hey 24, what’s the deal with Cubs signing Joc? Is this a sign and flip at the trade deadline? He seems like he is basically Babe, why not just keep him. Could have had Lester for a year at less than $5M, but seem to be in hot pursuit of other reclamation projects like Archer, Rodon and the Shark. 500 might win this division. What are earth are they doing?

Hey 24, what’s the deal with Cubs signing Joc? Is this a sign and flip at the trade deadline? He seems like he is basically Babe, why not just keep him. Could have had Lester for a year at less than $5M, but seem to be in hot pursuit of other reclamation projects like Archer, Rodon and the Shark. 500 might win this division. What are earth are they doing?

They put willy in theos place.

The annual Nolan Arenado to St. Louis rumor has been fired up again. This time it seems to have more teeth to it. Sun Times reports that the deal only needs to be approved by MLB, and then Arenado will be a Cardinal.

Yep, already all but done. I also think Rodon will be returning to the South Side as well.

ADVERTISEMENT