ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

Funny to see the same guy that says he wants to see Madrigal do it over a sustained period of time puffing his chest over 8 starts. :rolleyes:

I do agree that Hoerner's mid 600's career OPS do give you a better idea of who he actually is. ;)

• Love
Reactions: willycat
Well let's see, the Cubs have played 38 games and Darvish has 8 wins. Dividing those 38 by five starters means each would get just under 7 starts. Then there are the starts by the # 6 and 7 starters and don't forget those bullpen only games. I'd say he the favorite to win the N.L. Cy Young award.
Wtf are you talking about? Now I know why you don’t ever support your argument after throwing together this gem. Great if you get a Cy Young in a 60 game season. Throw a frigging parade. Maybe you feel great about your 7 wins for $44m. Wtf were you last two years singing Yu’s praises?

Yu Cubbie fans kill me. always find someone to hitch your wagon to. Front runners. Darvish never came up until he turned it around this year, Baez is doing good, he suddenly is ARod. KB is Ike Schmidt at third. Schwarbs is Sosa. Then they suck and they are hurt or there are no fans. Always an excuse. They would be exposed in a normal season, so enjoy it while you can.

How many at bats does Madrigal have? 25? A little early don’t you think? Hoerner’s offensive stats look much better when you look at his entire MLB stint. How is Madrigal’s defense looking at second base? Let’s not even mention that he is incapable of playing SS at the MLB level, something that Hoerner has already proven he can do at a high level.

Oh by the way, how YU doin?
Lol, So now we need to look at Nico’s entire career while you get puffy chested about Yu’s season when he has been an average SP for the last half decade?

Madrigal is a better defender than Nico. Wtf cares if Nico could play SS, which I don't think he can at an elite level. The beloved have the best SS in baseball there in Baez. You going to play two SS’s now? Nico can play 2B and settle in there as an adequate defender, Madrigal is a better defender at 2B and will end his career with a better lifetime average than Nico. Keep pushing Theo’s great draft picks, because he is going to have opportunities to draft high again very soon.

Stick to football and with your scouting. How Ja doing with your prediction for the Bulls pick?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Lol, So now we need to look at Nico’s entire career while you get puffy chested about Yu’s season when he has been an average SP for the last half decade?

Madrigal is a better defender than Nico. Wtf cares if Nico could play SS, which I don't think he can at an elite level. The beloved have the best SS in baseball there in Baez. You going to play two SS’s now? Nico can play 2B and settle in there as an adequate defender, Madrigal is a better defender at 2B and will end his career with a better lifetime average than Nico. Keep pushing Theo’s great draft picks, because he is going to have opportunities to draft high again very soon.

Stick to football and with your scouting. How Ja doing with your prediction for the Bulls pick?

You are contradicting yourself left and right. First you argue incorrectly that Yu’s success has been limited to eight games this year and when I provide stats ove the last year that completely disprove that, you come up with some other excuse. Bottom line, the stats prove out that Yu has been one of the top 5 pitchers in baseball and more than deserving of his contact.

Out of the other side of your mouth you are arguing that it’s more appropriate to judge Hoerner and compare him to Madrigal using the smaller data sample from this season rather than the larger data sample provided by his play from last season and this season. More data is better than less.

• Haha
Reactions: willycat
Don’t think so. I believe the jury is out on any player with less than one year in the league. That applies to Nico and Nick. You are the one that gleefully posted about Nico at the start of this season. Pretty sure if he didn’t go into a complete funk we would have had multiple more posts about how impressive he is. Hell, you said it two days ago as he was mired below 220. If can be so impressed with Nico at 220, why can’t I counter with Nick at 400?

I don’t run from my evaluations until I am convinced it is wrong. I am not at all convinced Yu has suddenly in a stretch like he had with Texas as a young man. His history shows he breaks down, spin it all you want, that’s a fact. He had a 7-11 record for the Cubbie coming into this year. Last time I checked there were full seasons in 18-19 and he mustered up 1 and 6 wins. You call that a bargain at $22M a year, I call it a fleecing. If he wins the Cy this year great, I would say he owes the team some production after stealing from them for 2 years.

Well let's see, the Cubs have played 38 games and Darvish has 8 wins. Dividing those 38 by five starters means each would get just under 7 starts. Then there are the starts by the # 6 and 7 starters and don't forget those bullpen only games. I'd say he the favorite to win the N.L. Cy Young award.

Wut? You talking to me?

Might want to actually make it a full season and add in the additional 9 starts that would get him to a full 30-start season. It's still nice, but doesn't really make him a top 5 in baseball. You need to do that over a longer period of time than Darvish has done. He's a career 3.50 ERA pitcher for a reason. He hasn't been able to do it over an extended period of time and he hasn't been able to do it in the playoffs. Father Time is probably going to catch up with him before he's able to harness that great stuff, but maybe he'll squeeze out a couple of seasons at the end of his career.

Out of the other side of your mouth you are arguing that it’s more appropriate to judge Hoerner and compare him to Madrigal using the smaller data sample from this season rather than the larger data sample provided by his play from last season and this season. More data is better than less.

Totally. I think Nico's mid-600's career OPS is definitely a strong evaluator of his abilities. He's playing like a nice utility guy. A solid Danny Mendick/Leury Garcia kind of guy. Madrigal isn't likely to be a career 800 OPS guy, but his contact skills are likely to keep him as a high OBP guy. Hopefully Nico can retool to be an everyday starter. ;)

Might want to actually make it a full season and add in the additional 9 starts that would get him to a full 30-start season. It's still nice, but doesn't really make him a top 5 in baseball. You need to do that over a longer period of time than Darvish has done. He's a career 3.50 ERA pitcher for a reason. He hasn't been able to do it over an extended period of time and he hasn't been able to do it in the playoffs. Father Time is probably going to catch up with him before he's able to harness that great stuff, but maybe he'll squeeze out a couple of seasons at the end of his career.

Totally. I think Nico's mid-600's career OPS is definitely a strong evaluator of his abilities. He's playing like a nice utility guy. A solid Danny Mendick/Leury Garcia kind of guy. Madrigal isn't likely to be a career 800 OPS guy, but his contact skills are likely to keep him as a high OBP guy. Hopefully Nico can retool to be an everyday starter. ;)
Sox suck!

Sox suck while sitting on top of there division. This is a year before their window truly is supposed to open. I can live with this type of sucking.
The beauty of it, is this years playoffs are a mulligan. A weird year but a total freebie for the South side. This doesn’t feel like a real season, but it is Last Chance U for the north side , because they have zero in the pipe.

Reactions: IGNORE2
So the last three games are Cubs v Sox. Very excited for this series! Could actually mean something again.

The Cubs and White Sox are both in first place in their divisions and you guys are still whining at each other about how bad the other team is. It's like I always thought... Chicago fans are some of the dumbest baseball fans around.

(Ok.... this should be fun!)

Reactions: NUCat320
The Cubs and White Sox are both in first place in their divisions and you guys are still whining at each other about how bad the other team is. It's like I always thought... Chicago fans are some of the dumbest baseball fans around.

Mets and yankee fans too? Indian and Reds fans? Ok

you are half right, Flub fans are clueless

You got a point there. Willy can’t even figure out who is leading the AL in batting average and who WON the batting crown in 2019.

Can someone ask corbi (I’m ignored) about his defensive OF golden glove all star and that triple tonight? Jimenez...Schwarber...meh

ADVERTISEMENT