ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NL will use DH for EVER :(

The best part of that’s it has exposed Ricky for the cheerleader that he is. Get a top flight Manager for next year, but my fear is it will take another crapping themselves sequence for that to happen.
Ricky has always gotten jobs managing young (bad) teams where prospects needed to be groomed. I guess thats his forte. It sure as hell isnt in-game strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: IGNORE2
Ricky has always gotten jobs managing young (bad) teams where prospects needed to be groomed. I guess it’s is his forte. It sure as hell isnt in-game strategy.

I can't stand him as a manager. Perfect bench coach, especially if you don't have a bilingual manager, but Jesus Christ is he awful tactically. He butchered the last 8 games. BUTCHERED.

Well, these games are mattering. Seeding is on the line. And, at the very least, Sox assures a season split w the Flubs. If they win today, they win both series and the season series against willys team.

What’s the Marlins payroll? If the Cubs manage to lose this series there will be bloodshed and not just by Willy banging his head against the wall. What a break in how it played out!
No problem Cubs win in two! Also have the most fans of any other club watching live, from the rooftops. Then there is Arrow Down Field, empty, as usual!

That's what happens when you the 3rd best winning record. Maybe the Black Sox should try it sometime.

You're a Braves fan, Willy? That's who had the 3rd best record in the NL. Cubs had the 4th best.

Know who else had the 4th best record in their league? Yes, that's right...those White Sox...you remember them...that team that had the best record of any team in Chicago.

The good news for you is that if the Cubs were in the American League, they would have had a 4th best record, too...4th best in the White Sox division. 🤣🦈

You're a Braves fan, Willy? That's who had the 3rd best record in the NL. Cubs had the 4th best.

Know who else had the 4th best record in their league? Yes, that's right...those White Sox...you remember them...that team that had the best record of any team in Chicago.

The good news for you is that if the Cubs were in the American League, they would have had a 4th best record, too...4th best in the White Sox division. 🤣🦈
How did the Sox do today? Just asking.

How did the Sox do today? Just asking.

Your Braves are looking good, willy. Will be interesting to see if the Cubs can catch up with the Sox in wins this season. Them Marlins are daunting for scrappy little underachievers like them Cubbies. ;)

Your Braves are looking good, willy. Will be interesting to see if the Cubs can catch up with the Sox in wins this season. Them Marlins are daunting for scrappy little underachievers like them Cubbies. ;)
Sox lose.. again.

Dumb ass Ricky has to go. Big Hurt lighting him up now. Leave to a Cub retread to blow the game.

Not here to flame. My boys are Sox fans and very disappointed. Setting aside the issues with the manager, this series highlighted what i’ve Felt is the Sox biggest challenge going forward. The lack of quality starting pitching beyond Giolito. Crochet looks promising but I am pretty sure he is heading for surgery based on the forearm tightness comment. The challenge for the Sox is how to add two legit starters this offseason without compromising the core. I would strongly consider selling high on Abreau considering his age, favorable contract and that Vaughn is waiting in the wings. I am not sure the Sox will be willing to do that. Without better starting pitching, the Sox will be going nowhere in the playoffs.

Not here to flame. My boys are Sox fans and very disappointed. Setting aside the issues with the manager, this series highlighted what i’ve Felt is the Sox biggest challenge going forward. The lack of quality starting pitching beyond Giolito. Crochet looks promising but I am pretty sure he is heading for surgery based on the forearm tightness comment. The challenge for the Sox is how to add two legit starters this offseason without compromising the core. I would strongly consider selling high on Abreau considering his age, favorable contract and that Vaughn is waiting in the wings. I am not sure the Sox will be willing to do that. Without better starting pitching, the Sox will be going nowhere in the playoffs.
Yes, they need 2 more SP’s no doubt. Even so, if their Manager didn’t completely panic and leave himself no options for the middle innings they would be moving on. My fear, is next year will be a throw away because he’ll do the same thing in crunch time,

Abreu has full NTC. They can't trade him and wouldn't anyways. Vaughn will play 1B next year, Abreu DH and EE is gone.

Keuchel was awesome all year and shit the bed two days ago. Kopech will be back and is in a great spot. Don't listen to the noise you hear about him, he's doing well.

They do need to add SP though. Grow balls and sign Bauer. They won't, but they should. Crochet is a pen arm long term. It's not the velo that scares me, it's his arm action.

Gee Ricky, who exactly is going to pitch these last innings when you are burning your leverage guys on 2/3 of an inning?
He really screwed the pooch.

EDIT: Stoney made a very interesting social media post about the Sox needing to address their "weakest link" and make "tough decisions" this offseason.

I agree. Time for a new Sox manager. There is too much talent on this team to give the keys to Ricky.

Last edited:
Hey @willycat , where will the Cubs be watching the World Series? Is that the sound of the Flub window shutting? How much payroll do the Flubs support? They might need some taxpayer help!

I’ve got a trade proposal for the resident White Sox Fans. Yu Darvish to the White Sox for Andrew Vaughan, Dylan Cease and another top prospect. Yu gives the Sox a phenomenal 1-2 punch and is signed for 3 more years at a reasonable $60mm that Jerry will be able to stomach. Constructive thoughts?

I’ve got a trade proposal for the resident White Sox Fans. Yu Darvish to the White Sox for Andrew Vaughan, Dylan Cease and another top prospect. Yu gives the Sox a phenomenal 1-2 punch and is signed for 3 more years at a reasonable $60mm that Jerry will be able to stomach. Constructive thoughts?

It's a reasonable trade idea, but I can't see the Sox doing it. I think they are REALLY high on Vaughan and Darvish has never shown the ability to be that lockdown #1 kind of guy. It's not his fault that the Cubs lost today, but in a game the Cubs had to have, he couldn't bring them home. And I think the Sox remain fairly bullish on Cease, who is only 24. Honestly, that's kind of akin to the trade that brought Cease to the White Sox and I don't see the Sox making the same mistake.

It's a reasonable trade idea, but I can't see the Sox doing it. I think they are REALLY high on Vaughan and Darvish has never shown the ability to be that lockdown #1 kind of guy. It's not his fault that the Cubs lost today, but in a game the Cubs had to have, he couldn't bring them home. And I think the Sox remain fairly bullish on Cease, who is only 24. Honestly, that's kind of akin to the trade that brought Cease to the White Sox and I don't see the Sox making the same mistake.

Where do the Sox get the frontline pitching they need to pair with Giolito to compete in the playoffs if not in a trade like this?

I would rather pass. Try my luck with free agency. Cease is still an unknown, Vaughan highly regarded, additional prospects... Yu has been hurt more than not in this contract.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I think this would be a great trade for the Cubs. Yu was out of his mind this year, but he’ll be 35 next year. He has a history of breaking down and I would prefer to a younger option. The bigger concern to me is tossing in Vaughn. He isn’t going anywhere if I am the Sox ( unless a DeGroom, or Beiber are on the blocks and that’s not happening). I think Vaughn is a young Joey Votto without the jag component. Cease still looks like he can be a 3 or even 2 if he can find the plate. Weak year for free agent SP, but I might take an innings eater and hope the combo of Kopech, Cease and Dunning take up 2 spots.

Not trying to flame. The Cubs have a pop gun offense, easily one of the worst in the B1G’s. If I was Theo, I would go the Hahn route and deal KB for prospects. You would be selling low if you deal him or Javy for prospects, but you are probably losing him for nothing after a year. Send Willy C. packing for prospects as he likely could bring a return. Go with Carantini until a young buck is ready. Theo has shown an eye to draft well when he has high picks. However, there is not enough in this farm system right now. Tear it down and start over, I don’t see them competing with the good young NL teams like Atlanta, San Diego and maybe even Miami. The Dodgers still have run in them and the Cubs have passed their expiration date.

The Sox are not a "win now" team. They are young and building. Darvish just does not fit. And given the uncertainty of COVID, his salary may not be such a bargain. It is hard to say.

There is decent crop of mid-tier starters in the 2021 FA pool: Ray, Stroman, Minor, Bauer (he's probably the top target), Odorizzi, Tanaka are just a few guys who could add quality depth to the rotation. Archer might be worth a flier.

They have elite arms in the system. No need to buy one.

The Sox are not a "win now" team. They are young and building. Darvish just does not fit. And given the uncertainty of COVID, his salary may not be such a bargain. It is hard to say.

There is decent crop of mid-tier starters in the 2021 FA pool: Ray, Stroman, Minor, Bauer (he's probably the top target), Odorizzi, Tanaka are just a few guys who could add quality depth to the rotation. Archer might be worth a flier.

They have elite arms in the system. No need to buy one.

The Sox are absolutely a win now team. Any team in the playoffs with a core of young players like they have should be focused on winning as soon as possible before contracts and/or injuries take their toll. The Cubs are a cautionary tale. Win when you have a chance and don’t assume you’ll have more chances because windows close much faster than you expect. Besides, Reinsdorf is in his late 80s and a huge baseball fan. I am sure he’d like win another World Series before he kicks the bucket.

ADVERTISEMENT