ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pitt OC Whipple to the coaching portal

His wife is very sick with cancer. Wouldn't be surprised if he resigned simply to spend more time with her. If so, good on him. Work should never come before family.
He chose putting up 56 on JON's group in Ireland instead.

Not sure why we have "coordinator portal" posts on here. Fitz isn't dropping the axe on Jake or JON this off-season. That should be obvious by now

Jeez.

"The Good Life?" Is that some sort of flyover state dig at Pittsburg? Nebraska has its charms (drove across the whole damn state last year to ride a bike around Scottsbluff), but "good life" and "living in Lincoln" are not likely candidates to be found in the same sentence.

Jeez.

"The Good Life?" Is that some sort of flyover state dig at Pittsburg? Nebraska has its charms (drove across the whole damn state last year to ride a bike around Scottsbluff), but "good life" and "living in Lincoln" are not likely candidates to be found in the same sentence.
That's like their state tourism motto.
20956117_G.jpg

There it is, to quote Paul Harvey: "The rest of the story". I guess the illness in his family is either not correct or made up, or takes second place behind what I could imagine is a salary increase or something else. Never let it be said that this board has the inside track on the real story. And this is a lateral move, at best. I'd love to be the fly on the wall (or the computer screen) when these discussions were held. Isn't Pitt going to a bowl??

Isn't Pitt going to a bowl??
ACC Champ New Year's 6 vs MSU, no less. Though judging by Sparty's pass defense, you or I might be able to call a 400yd game for Pickett.

Appears similar to Mr. Meredith's story, but perhaps not. Maybe Lincoln offers some advantages for caring for his wife. Who knows?

In western Nebraska, the only creatures experiencing the good life are prairie dogs.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
That's like their state tourism motto.
20956117_G.jpg
I need to be very careful about throwing stones, given that we used the slogan ‘Oklahoma is OK’ for quite some time, but really?

The upper part of that sign screams “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”

And it would take many more such signs with pictures of trees on them to make me think of Arbor Day.

Frost must have put a hard sell on the guy, to get him to leave Pitt in the lurch like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Appears similar to Mr. Meredith's story, but perhaps not. Maybe Lincoln offers some advantages for caring for his wife. Who knows?

In western Nebraska, the only creatures experiencing the good life are prairie dogs.
And goatshead thorns. Holy crap, I ran over a bunch of that on my fat tires, and spent two hours pulling them out of the tires. Several went through thick rubber and punctured my tube. It was awful.

I need to be very careful about throwing stones, given that we used the slogan ‘Oklahoma is OK’ for quite some time, but really?

The upper part of that sign screams “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”

And it would take many more such signs with pictures of trees on them to make me think of Arbor Day.

Frost must have put a hard sell on the guy, to get him to leave Pitt in the lurch like this.
It amazes me that anyone would jump on Frosty sinking ship. Pay cut, STUPID idea. Might as well put a sign on the guys nose telling recruits the HC is in BIG trouble. To think, some on here thought Fitz should do the same. Silly!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT