ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Lin Brehmer

Not only is Lin's passing a sad note on an individual level and a Chicago level but probably represents a passing of when FM rock and roll radio was the wild frontier and truly independent. XRT has fought the good battle because of people like Lin but now most FM is just sound tracks owned by large communication groups....It truly used to be a forum at the junction of free speech and rock and roll. Maybe a few college stations still have the feel...

Not only is Lin's passing a sad note on an individual level and a Chicago level but probably represents a passing of when FM rock and roll radio was the wild frontier and truly independent. XRT has fought the good battle because of people like Lin but now most FM is just sound tracks owned by large communication groups....It truly used to be a forum at the junction of free speech and rock and roll. Maybe a few college stations still have the feel...
Well said Loyola. For about 7 years, I drove to work and listened to Lin in the morning. For twenty years, I took public transportation or biked to work so I did not listen to him, but the affection remained. He was one of the reasons that XRT was different from the rest but the difference has been evaporating quickly for last the 2-3 years.

Lin's love & knowledge of music and his literary excellence (Lin's Bin ) were a rare combination so he is irreplaceable.

XRT still plays a decent variety of music but the number of commercials is intolerable

thought Lin fans might enjoy this one...these Lin Bins are Chicago artifacts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT