ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Norman Lear

Funniest sitcom line ever was in Sanford and Son.

Doc comes to give LaMont a diagnosis of whiplash so he can sue someone (one of Fred's crazy ideas). He walks in, asks if LaMonts neck hurts, when he gets an affirmative answer he says "Must be whiplash" and writes that out. The next lines -

LaMont - "Hey man, are you really a doctor".
Doctor - "In some states".

If I ever need a pick-me-up on a rough day I think of that line and it always gets a laugh.

Last edited:
Funniest sitcom line ever was in Sanford and Son.

Doc comes to give LaMont a diagnosis of whiplash so he can sue someone (one of Fred's crazy ideas). He walks in, asks if LaMonts neck hurts, when he gets an affirmative answer he says "Must be whiplash" and writes that out. The next lines -

LaMont - "Hey man, are you really a doctor".
Doctor - "In some states".

If I ever need a pick-me-up on a rough day I think of that line and it always gets a laugh.
I once used the Sanford & Son Soundboard on the web to prank a co-worker (Dean of the Library). It went out for 2 minutes. I about peed my pants as I was holding back my laughter. It went something like this:

Dean picks up phone: You have reached the library. How can I help you.
Fred: Hello.
Fred: I am looking for my son, Lamont.
Dean: Is he a student here?
Fred: I'm missing a person.
Dean: Your son?
Fred: He's 22, or 32?
Dean: I'm sorry, I don't quite understand.
Fred: I am looking for my son, Lamont.
Fred: Can you speak a little louder?
Dean: You are trying to find your son? How can I help you?
Fred: Could you learn to be white?
Dean: Excuse me???
Fred: I bet you don't even like white people.
Dean: What? Who is this??
Fred: Leave me alone.

Mister Sanford, if you are going to run a restaurant on your premises, you need clearly dedicated restrooms with one for me and women, not one with a sign that says "Too bad, hold on, first come first serve".

Man, I loved that show.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Mister Sanford, if you are going to run a restaurant on your premises, you need clearly dedicated restrooms with one for me and women, not one with a sign that says "Too bad, hold on, first come first serve".

Man, I loved that show.
"I'z comin' to meet ya, Lisabeth!"

The Sanford and Son junk house nowadays.

IMG_7326.jpg

By TVNewsCheck Staff | December 7, 2023 | 12:48 p.m. ET.

"CBS announced today the new entertainment special Norman Lear: A Life On Television, to air Friday, Dec. 8 (8-9 p.m. ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on demand for Paramount+ with Showtime subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs).

Presented by Entertainment Tonight, this one-hour special features new interviews with stars of the long running comedies Lear created, including Jimmie Walker from Good Times and Mackenzie Phillips from One Day at a Time, in addition to never-before-seen interviews from the ET vault. Also included with this new footage and interviews is an in-depth, sit-down interview with Lear that ET host Kevin Frazier conducted when he celebrated his 100th birthday, in which he reflected on his lengthy, groundbreaking career."

I am getting conflicting info, was he also behind Chico and The Man? One wiki entry says yes another says no.

By TVNewsCheck Staff | December 7, 2023 | 12:48 p.m. ET.

"CBS announced today the new entertainment special Norman Lear: A Life On Television, to air Friday, Dec. 8 (8-9 p.m. ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on demand for Paramount+ with Showtime subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs).

Presented by Entertainment Tonight, this one-hour special features new interviews with stars of the long running comedies Lear created, including Jimmie Walker from Good Times and Mackenzie Phillips from One Day at a Time, in addition to never-before-seen interviews from the ET vault. Also included with this new footage and interviews is an in-depth, sit-down interview with Lear that ET host Kevin Frazier conducted when he celebrated his 100th birthday, in which he reflected on his lengthy, groundbreaking career."
Watched it. Intro caused me to cry. A man who told the truth--totally lacking today. What has happened that we now hear absolute bull shit, and eat it up like peach pie?

Legend who altered the TV landscape, and for all his genius at writing and developing TV shows, he was an even better human being.

Btw, Lear fronted the $ to produce such gems as This Is Spinal Tap and The Princess Bride.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT