ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Ray Liotta

Passed away in his slumber last night. He was a great character actor of my generation. From what I gather, he was a pretty good fella.
Holy smokes that hits home. I did not think he was that old.

Whoa. What a great actor and in some of the best movies of his era, and certainly some of my favorites.

RIP. “Goodfellas” is arguably the most transformative film of the past 40 years, and he was the heart of it.

But c’mon guys… this is technically a Chicago sports board.

“Field of Dreams”, anyone? Is he your Shoeless Joe, or is it D.B. Sweeney? Where’s bob when we need him?

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Total shock and gone too early...

Never understood why he didn't have a bigger career as a leading man after Goodfellas (heck of a better actor than many who went on to long careers as the male lead).

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
RIP. “Goodfellas” is arguably the most transformative film of the past 40 years, and he was the heart of it.

But c’mon guys… this is technically a Chicago sports board.

“Field of Dreams”, anyone? Is he your Shoeless Joe, or is it D.B. Sweeney? Where’s bob when we need him?
“Hey Doc…..You were good.”

One of my favorite lines ever. In movies, literature etc. Still resonates with me today. GOUNUII

“Hey Doc…..You were good.”

One of my favorite lines ever. In movies, literature etc. Still resonates with me today. GOUNUII

One of my favorite little details is Doc's only time up in the cornfield resulted in a sacrifice fly, which doesn't count as an at-bat. So technically, still no at-bats for Moonlight, just like in real life.

[though to be pedantic, he gets credit for an RBI, which the real Moonlight never got].

ADVERTISEMENT