ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The BBQ joint that FloridAlum & friends go to for Duke

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
FloridAlum has made mention before that he often gathers with fellow cat fans at the best eats jointz at the away game gatherings. I found this to be true in Nashville, North Carolina, etc.

As you think about going to the Duke game, consider sitting with about 50+ cat fans in FloridAlum's block, and along the way, make sure you don't miss Allen and Son's. A sorta mom and pop place out in the woods that happens to have incredible BBQ. One of those few places where, as soon as you get out of your car, you smell the meats smoking from the back pit and your mouth instantly begins to water. I don't quite remember, but I think GOUNU is the only one who wasn't so thrilled with the BBQ. Everyone has different taste for BBQ and this is a unique vinegar rub that I found incredible. I do believe GOUNU did consume it all though.
Today, MSN just ranked this backwoods place as one of the top 10 BBQ places in the entire USA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...becue-joints-in-america/ss-BBATMNv?ocid=ientp

FloridAlum has made mention before that he often gathers with fellow cat fans at the best eats jointz at the away game gatherings. I found this to be true in Nashville, North Carolina, etc.

As you think about going to the Duke game, consider sitting with about 50+ cat fans in FloridAlum's block, and along the way, make sure you don't miss Allen and Son's. A sorta mom and pop place out in the woods that happens to have incredible BBQ. One of those few places where, as soon as you get out of your car, you smell the meats smoking from the back pit and your mouth instantly begins to water. I don't quite remember, but I think GOUNU is the only one who wasn't so thrilled with the BBQ. Everyone has different taste for BBQ and this is a unique vinegar rub that I found incredible. I do believe GOUNU did consume it all though.
Today, MSN just ranked this backwoods place as one of the top 10 BBQ places in the entire USA.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...becue-joints-in-america/ss-BBATMNv?ocid=ientp

Thanks, but if I plan a party, it will be at a different location. I really like this place, as you know, but they cannot accommodate a very big group. It is great if a small number of people want to meet for a meal. It is also not in Raleigh or Durham. It is in Chapel Hill.

Pulled pork drenched in vinegar is not barbecue. The most gawd awful stuff I ever tasted. Great atmosphere and location. Love the family style. Wish they hadn't run out of the home made cobbler.

GOUNUII

I had the cobbler. It was great. We tried to broaden your horizons, and it did no good. You can't please everyone, but we please everyone except you. You might like to know that I will be looking for a different place for barbecue on this trip. More important, are you going to go or not! I have a block of tickets in the identical location that we had the last time .

City Barbeque, close to the Triangle, or The Original Q Shack - closer to Duke (Johnson Family BBQ farther away, but tiny spot and no beer)

I had the cobbler. It was great. We tried to broaden your horizons, and it did no good. You can't please everyone, but we please everyone except you. You might like to know that I will be looking for a different place for barbecue on this trip. More important, are you going to go or not! I have a block of tickets in the identical location that we had the last time .

My horizons were broadened F-Dude. Learned that there is no accounting for taste. Glad to have had the experience. Put me down for 2 in your block. Aside from the heat, Duke is a great road trip. Still have visions of Cats making the big plays 2 years ago to get the W in Durham. Vault's kick return, Igwebuike's pro style strip, Lowry's INT and whoziwhatsit's ( brain cramp ) take it to the house burst off right tackle. There were others. Always like to return to places with great memories.

GOUNUII

My horizons were broadened F-Dude. Learned that there is no accounting for taste. Glad to have had the experience. Put me down for 2 in your block. Aside from the heat, Duke is a great road trip. Still have visions of Cats making the big plays 2 years ago to get the W in Durham. Vault's kick return, Igwebuike's pro style strip, Lowry's INT and whoziwhatsit's ( brain cramp ) take it to the house burst off right tackle. There were others. Always like to return to places with great memories.

GOUNUII

Aha! You are not waiting until the last moment to make a decision! Does that mean you're bringing your wife? You know of course that she is crazy about me. Does the "smblaw" email address still work? If not, drop me a note please. I may try to organize a larger group for dinner Friday night, if not a few of us will just go out for a bite. I am currently scouting for an alternate location, spoke to one place today that looks promising.Right now it looks like Turk, Glades, JustGary and The Waterboy will be in attendance. There will also be several other familiar faces. Most people don't seem to make up their mind until June or July.

PS I believe you are thinking about Warren long. By the way, at half time I got stuck in a very long lemonade line and was determined to get all the way to the front so I missed Vault's kick off return . At least the lemonade was really good

Reactions: NUMBfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT