ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Vikings - Saints is why we watch sports

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Congrats to any Vikes fans. Argh, for Carr and Strief.

But, geez, what a play.

The reaction of Minnesota players is totally priceless. They were all as shocked as we were.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Congrats to any Vikes fans. Argh, for Carr and Strief.

But, geez, what a play.

The reaction of Minnesota players is totally priceless. They were all as shocked as we were.

I don't think anything will top last years NBA finals in terms of a sports spectacle. I literally turned off my TV after watching that last year and thought to myself, God is good, he let me see that, wow!. I don't even really follow the NBA!

But boy that game today was close to that! Goodness gracious what a game!

Reactions: NUCat320
The early game was great, too, as a game that was supposed to be low scoring turned into a Big XII affair, but man, the second half in the afternoon.

A great game!
Great drama, but what type of coverage was that and why did the Saints safety play the ball like that? That poor guy has a long offseason ahead.

And what on God’s green gracious earth was Tomlin thinking by calling for the onside kick there? With 2 TOs and the 2 minute commercial break, that is the precise time to kick deep. Ugh. Terrible decision there.

The coverage was OK. The poor guy just had to wrap up and make the tackle. He was right there in position. Tackling is a lost art in the NFL these days.

He's a rookie and wasn't properly coached. The Seahawks lost a couple of games this season on late scores that could have been stopped.

The headline on this thread is exactly what I told my kids! We don't even care about the Vikings but that was incredible! Even more unexpected than Victory Right!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Carr was actually active for this one due to the Coleman injury. Don't know if he played at all, though.

Carr played at least one play at the beginning of the game at WR too.

Reply with Vikes radio call:

There were still 6 seconds left once he made the catch so unless they could have stopped him from getting out of bounds, Vkings had a shot at a 45-50 yd FG to win but that was so much more satisfying than having had to kick a FG. And MN had lost a lot in that situation on kicks. Had he not made it to the end zone for whatever reason, time would have run out so good thing he made it.

If he's tackled inbounds, though, time expires, and the safety had a shot at doing that if he wrapped him up with both arms instead of trying to body block him.

If he's tackled inbounds, though, time expires, and the safety had a shot at doing that if he wrapped him up with both arms instead of trying to body block him.
That is why it looked like he was trying to get to the sideline which he was in position to but when the defender fell down....

Loved the "Death Star" reference. Heck, Brady is the only "real" quarterback left going into the semifinals.

" ... or perhaps play in a hometown Super Bowl only to be vaporized by the Pats death star. Whatever man, I still have THIS. I just watched the play again for the 90th time and it still makes my face explode in a haphazard jag of tears and laughter."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT