ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Bowl Orgy

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
The bowl season basically kicked off today.

Buffalo, which gave us wings and Khalil Mack, smoked Charlotte, which hasn’t given us anything I’m aware of.

Fun game tonight between Utah St and Kent St. Back and forth scores most of the night.

Jordan Love, Utah State’s QB, will likely play in the NFL. He was a low 3 star recruit.

Remember Gary Anderson, who coached at Wisconsin one year? He’s back at Utah St. He needs to recruit some guys who can block.

Reactions: Titanium999
Kent St....has the youngest coach in DI.....33 I think,,,,,They had some of the most creative plays I have seen in awhile...fun to watch.
He is also the only head coach to ever win a bowl game for Kent State.

That will get him noticed on the “power conference” head coach radar. He played college ball at Wisconsin so knows the B1G well.

Nice win by the Golden Flashes.

I’m watching a bit of UCF vs Marshall, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much barking between players. I’d love to know what holiday tidings they are sharing.

edit: game getting chippy now at 45-22 UCF

Otis Anderson, a kid we recruited, is having a big game for UCF.

Last edited:
I’m watching a bit of UCF vs Marshall, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much barking between players. I’d love to know what holiday tidings they are sharing.

edit: game getting chippy now at 45-22 UCF

Otis Anderson, a kid we recruited, is having a big game for UCF.
Do NFL games count for this thread?

I’m keeping an eye on the Packers-Vikings box score while doing other stuff - so far it’s a rock-throwing contest at 10-9.

Most importantly: Lowry has 5 tackles and a deflected pass. Lancaster made one solo but is surely plugging up the middle. Vitale has been targeted once but has no catches so far.

For the Vikings: Odenigbo has a sack and 2 QBH. It’s fun to follow his steady progress as a pass-rushing DE.

Back to wrapping Christmas presents... wake me up when the NFL cats make a big play like Lowry’s game-clincher against the (gulp) Bears.

Last edited:
Kent St....has the youngest coach in DI.....33 I think,,,,,They had some of the most creative plays I have seen in awhile...fun to watch.

Their coach, Sean Lewis, comes from the Dino Babers branch (currently at Syracuse) of the veer and shoot.

When executed properly, that offensive scheme might be the most lethal in all of college football.

Do NFL games count for this thread?

I’m keeping an eye on the Packers-Vikings box score while doing other stuff - so far it’s a rock-throwing contest at 10-9.

Most importantly: Lowry has 5 tackles and a deflected pass. Lancaster made one solo but is surely plugging up the middle. Vitale has been targeted once but has no catches so far.

For the Vikings: Odenigbo has a sack and 2 QBH. It’s fun to follow his steady progress as a pass-rushing DE.

Back to wrapping Christmas presents... wake me up when the NFL cats make a big play like Lowry’s game-clincher against the (gulp) Bears.
NU transfer Eric Wilson also flashing tonight

I'd like to see the MAC run the table. All winnable matchups.

Very little interest otherwise other than rooting against Notre Dumb and MichiGag

Wowza. 55 points in the first half of the Hawai’i Bowl. Fun game if you like offense. The coconuts are flying.

Arguably the best bowl game to date with a close score and Hawaii able to come back to grab the lead at the very end with a touchdown.

Looked like maybe the same refs were officiating that were there in Hawaii the last time Northwestern played them. Per ESPN's SportsCenter BYU had a field goal that at least looked like it had made it but didn't get reviewed and a questionable fumble was called against BYU when they had run the ball in for a touchdown.

Lots of Aloha for visiting teams. /s/

I'd like to see the MAC run the table. All winnable matchups.

Very little interest otherwise other than rooting against Notre Dumb and MichiGag
I'll pull for Iowa, cause Ferrentz isn't Frye. Plus, #AnyDayThatUSCLosesIsAGoodDay

Reactions: scotthawk1964
EMU-Pitt was a very entertaining game that featured quite a lot of post-play antics. To the naked eye it looked like Pitt was initiating a lot of it but EMU responded poorly, marring an otherwise great effort

EMU-Pitt was a very entertaining game that featured quite a lot of post-play antics. To the naked eye it looked like Pitt was initiating a lot of it but EMU responded poorly, marring an otherwise great effort
You have to marvel at the 4-year starter for EMU whose college career ended abruptly by spitting in the face of a Pitt player right in front of a couple officials (and then was mystified by his ejection).

Oh yeah, and the QB who ended a potential game-winning drive by throwing a few post-play haymakers, landing one er who of them on an official's face.

To be honest I was pretty underwhelmed by Pitt's defense. Maybe they had an off day.

EMU's quarterback was competing his heart out last night. Terrific night until the end. I think Pitt was facing a solid offensive line and a QB having a career night. I would give the QB the benefit of doubt. Who know what was said. He was competing hard and just lost it for a moment. I know, never an excuse.

Reactions: corbi296

How did Randy bates’s defense look? Every time I’ve watched them, they seem to give up a lot of points.

For all the complaints I hear about our fan support, I think we brought a LOT MORE people to the Pinstripe Bowl than Michigan State. Tons of empty seats at that game (and yes, I know the place sits 50-thou plus)

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Pittsburgh blitzed like crazy but Glass, EMU QB, was elusive and all around terrific. Blitzes looked good but couldn't get home. Live by the blitz die by the blitz.

In the short time I’ve watched MSU they have had 2-3 turnovers and 5-6 penalties, killing multiple red zone opportunities. Looking like the pre-Dantonio discipline days.

The Wake Forest QB was excellent in first half. Great runner. Wake Forest has playmakers on offense. Did not watch second half.

MSU should have made it a two score game but still won. Nice win for BIg. I have always liked MSU as our series has had so many good games and the trips to Spartan stadium has been fun ones.They are a good rival. MSU will have a new QB when we open with them. A Cats win will be a good way to put this year in the past. Although minor. MSUs win will add a little edge to start next season.

MSU will have a new QB when we open with them. A Cats win will be a good way to put this year in the past. Although minor. MSUs win will add a little edge to start next season.
Hopefully NU will have a new QB as well.

I'd settle for the Iowa offense from Coach Jake.......
Agree. Sam Laporta, true freshman TE making big plays. Iowa was his only power 5 offer and he only had a couple other D1 offers which were all MAC. Coaching matters.

Can USC change their mind again and fire Helton? How can that team be that bad with the athletes they get?

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT