Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Utah is flubbing it vs Oregon

Wisconsin Vs THE

Georgia Vs LSU

Sooners Vs The Baylors

Clemson Vs Clemson (Virginia can’t beat them)

Cincy Vs Memphis - they just played last weekend, but as Ernie Banks would say...

EDIT: Utes making a game of it in second half

Last edited:
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Hoping for LSU to hound the Dogs out of the stadium. And for the Sooners to stomp the Baylors (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). That way there won't be two SEC schools represented, and ... that's all I'm gonna say about the school from Wacko.

Utah is flubbing it vs Oregon

Wisconsin Vs THE

Georgia Vs LSU

Sooners Vs The Baylors

Clemson Vs Clemson (Virginia can’t beat them)

Cincy Vs Memphis - they just played last weekend, but as Ernie Banks would say...

EDIT: Utes making a game of it in second half

Utah got screwed on that targeting call IMO. It sure looked like targeting to me. QB falling down backwards, hit in the head with the crown of the defensive players helmet. I'm not saying it was intentional but they have to be coached to avoid those hits. The timing of the call could have changed the momentum of the game.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Baylor taking Oklahoma's best shot up 13-10 at halftime could be the postseason surprise team.

Baylor playing Jacob Zeno at QB, a player NU offered and liked a lot. He looks really good and Baylor is giving Oklahoma all they can handle. Baylor was a 1 win team when Ruhle took over and are now a top 10 maybe top 5 team after a few short years. Great coach.

It’s not over yet...

Neither team can hang with OSU, Clemson or LSU. I wonder how the committee will interpret today’s performance. If Baylor doesn’t lose it’s starting QB, they win this game (and still may in OT).
I agree with you that OSU isn't as good as either UGA or LSU. But I'm conflicted between wanting the best teams in the playoffs and having to suffer through 2 SEC schools in the semi's.

The playoff system sucks. What is that 5 straight B1G 12 for Okie? Clemson gets their 5 the straight tonight, OSU at 3 straight tonight. Alabama/Georgia/LSU. Give me these 6 teams and I’ll have the top four nearly every year for the rest of the decade.

Lol, people worry about the rich getting richer with the transfer portal! Too funny.

The playoff system sucks. What is that 5 straight B1G 12 for Okie? Clemson gets their 5 the straight tonight, OSU at 3 straight tonight. Alabama/Georgia/LSU. Give me these 6 teams and I’ll have the top four nearly every year for the rest of the decade.

Lol, people worry about the rich getting richer with the transfer portal! Too funny.
The playoff system may suck, but it's the best system we've got.

Winning college football games is hard. Ohio State makes it look easy, while Michigan, with a similar amount of talent, struggles. We're starting to see cracks in Alabama's once invincible armor, and they're out of the playoff this year. LSU is back in the title hunt for the first time in a number of years. Utah (remember them?) almost won the Pac12 and potentially qualified for the CFP. Texas should be competing with OU to win the Big12 every year, but they're an annual disappointment. Yes, the best teams have outstanding talent, but they're also disciplined and well coached.

Guess Jalen Hurts made the right choice just like Burrow. Need to be on the lookout for transfers in college football today.

Last edited:
Yes. He meant OU.

I guess we will have to get used to a world where it’s the same 4-6 teams in the CFP conversation every year. CFB has basically become an oligopoly where the top programs control the best resources.
Yes and I’ll stand my comment that I can pick at least 3 of the playoff teams every year for the next decade if you give me 6 to choose from. Until better players start going to Utah, Baylor, Wisky, Texas, Oregon et al they are going to be in that almost category. Close only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades, and drive in movies. Give me 8 teams and include all P5 conference Champs regardless of ranking and the best non P5. 2 wildcards and we are set.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Guess Jalen Hurts made the right choice just like Burrow. Need to be on the lookout for transfers in college football today.
There are few things more sure than the qb who transfers out of a blue blood program becoming a star at his next destination. Looks like those QBs will be 75% of the CFP playoff field.

UGA just can't keep up with the LSU offense. This one is over.

Going to be interesting to see if the seeding changes after today. Right now it would be LSU-Clempson in the semi, which will drive the bayou Tiger fans nuts. But if Wisky gives dOSU a fight tonight and LSU rolls, would the committee flip flop LSU and OSU based on one game? Dunno. Whoever is seeded first has a MUCH easier game than playing Clempson.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
The playoff system may suck, but it's the best system we've got.

Winning college football games is hard. Ohio State makes it look easy, while Michigan, with a similar amount of talent, struggles. We're starting to see cracks in Alabama's once invincible armor, and they're out of the playoff this year. LSU is back in the title hunt for the first time in a number of years. Utah (remember them?) almost won the Pac12 and potentially qualified for the CFP. Texas should be competing with OU to win the Big12 every year, but they're an annual disappointment. Yes, the best teams have outstanding talent, but they're also disciplined and well coached.

Michigan does not have comparable talent to what OSU puts on the field. Comparable resources and reasons to be successful. But not a comparable roster.

GOUNUII

Damn watching Joe Burrow play is a joy. Makes one think that Hunter Johnson is equally gifted physically. Hope the next OC can unleash Hunter.

Reactions: NUCat320
Definitely worth flipping over to ABC to watch Cincy-Memphis. Probably bowl loss to Florida or Penn State on the line :)

Damn watching Joe Burrow play is a joy. Makes one think that Hunter Johnson is equally gifted physically. Hope the next OC can unleash Hunter.
Yep. The game just looks slower to him. He can really throw it. And has a bunch of guys who can go get it.

Why does it matter he’s physically gifted equally? Omg it’s like the brain isn’t a part of playing sports...

Top level coaches deserve these transfers out. I'm watching Joe Burrow play w 4 minutes left, leading by 27.

These 2nd string 5 star guys deserve to play. Otherwise, finally, they can leave

I think OSU and LSU are on a different level. I am looking forward to that matchup. Clemson is in a tier by itself slightly behind the top two and then it’s the rest of the field.

I think OSU and LSU are on a different level. I am looking forward to that matchup. Clemson is in a tier by itself slightly behind the top two and then it’s the rest of the field.
It's hard to say how good Clempson is, they haven't played anybody yet. Lawrence is a special talent. But LSU and OSU just have so much talent at every position. Going to be a fun CFP.

It's hard to say how good Clempson is, they haven't played anybody yet. Lawrence is a special talent. But LSU and OSU just have so much talent at every position. Going to be a fun CFP.
The extra ‘p’ is for ‘pectacular!

ADVERTISEMENT