ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games - Week 4

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
Wow. Things are really bad in Lincoln. Michigan is crushing UNL in AA, 30 - nil.

And Buttgers is getting played by Khalil Mack’s alma mater, Buffalo.

But Chillinois scored a moral victory vs PSU. Wonder if the time change affected the Lions.

Purdue is trying to reverse its nightmare start by leading BC.

I watched a fair amount of USC v WAZU last night. The USC QB can make some throws. Keep an eye on him.

Wow. Things are really bad in Lincoln. Michigan is crushing UNL in AA, 30 - nil.

But Chillinois scored a moral victory vs PSU. Wonder if the time change affected the Lions.

I watched a fair amount of USC v WAZU last night. The USC QB can make some throws. Keep an eye on him.
Lot of, "they are who we thought they were" so far. Purdie is not terrible, Nebby is the same team they were last year, and Minny's noncon told us zero anout the team some of us on this board knew they were. They might be worse than Illinois as those of us who watched the Bus Tour anticipated, though I disagree that a 39 point loss to a team that was completely overlooking them counts as a "moral victory".

And Akron? Holding their own so far.. I still think they'll be crushed, though.

Also, still early in the day, so its college football, anything can happen! Like a Nebby QB making two forward passes on the same play...

Wow, what does it say about the state of Illinois football when giving up 63 at home counts as a moral victory? :rolleyes:

Wow, what does it say about the state of Illinois football when giving up 63 at home counts as a moral victory? :rolleyes:
Now that I think about it more, the use of sarcasm font may have been intended. .

Last edited:

Purdue looks solid! Nebraska and Illinois and Rutgers are wins for us! Let’s beat Michigan

It’s official: Purdue is taking BC out behind the shed.

I’ll tell you what though, Zach Allen from Bc is a player. How I would have loved to see Allen and Gaziano playing together on NU’s Defensive line.

Michigan’s strength is their defense and particularly their front seven. If our OL does not play well, we have no shot. If they do, we have a shot at pulling off the upset. I hope FItz used the bye week wisely.

The good news is, the rout today plus watching game films of AU-NU should have the Wolverines supremely overconfident.

This. It is really our best chance of winning, imo in what is a poor matchup on paper for us. If Michigan sleepwalks through a half+ like Penn State did, I doubt it ends up 63-24, since were a far better team than the Illini...

Now that I think about it more, the use of sarcasm font may have been intended. .
You're probably right, Mike. I guess I was thinking that Hungry was acknowledging that they'd kept the game close for three quarters. You gotta understand, I'm not that quick on the uptake. o_O

You're probably right, Mike. I guess I was thinking that Hungry was acknowledging that they'd kept the game close for three quarters. You gotta understand, I'm not that quick on the uptake. o_O

Nah, if you see my prior post, he fooled me as well!

Had a bunch of Akron flashbacks watching that Va Tech game.

Lots of differences, though

1) Tech starting QB looks like he broke his foot in the 4th quarter
2) No fluky pick-6s; Tech was flat-out beat, particularly on defense
3) What in the world was Tech doing playing Old Dominion on the road?

Watching Mississippi State at Kentucky. Terrible officiating. 4 major bad calls. All in Kentucky's favor. Very one-sided.

Lots of differences, though

1) Tech starting QB looks like he broke his foot in the 4th quarter
2) No fluky pick-6s; Tech was flat-out beat, particularly on defense
3) What in the world was Tech doing playing Old Dominion on the road?
Weird week in the ACC. BC got mugged by heretofore winless Purdue. Louisville got pantsed by Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT