ADVERTISEMENT

Other than the Cats

San Diego State - having grown up in San Diego (and a few family members attending SDSU), I’ve been going to Aztec football/basketball games my whole life. Steve Fisher (of Fab Five fame) performed a miracle there and made a perennial doormat into a real program. Outstanding coach; better man. His protege Brian Dutcher has them 20-0 so far this year (his 3rd year) and they are a team marked by a true commitment to defense. Fun to watch if you enjoy watching kids play good, hard defense (without the constant fouling/contact of a Huggins team).
If you have CBS Sports, you can check them out this Sunday (tomorrow) at 3pm CST. Of course, they will probably now lose to UNLV after I’ve written this...

I don’t have any particular dislikes. No time for negativity. Except Indiana, maybe. Fans stuck in 1987, team never actually any good, fans still think they are.

I grew up in an ND family and want them to win.

I’m no moralist, so I like Bruce Pearl and Auburn. His teams play fast.

25 years in, Gonzaga is still a cool story. Best in the nation at disguising goaltending, but I’m capable of compartmentalizing. I cheer for them in March.

San Diego State - having grown up in San Diego (and a few family members attending SDSU), I’ve been going to Aztec football/basketball games my whole life. Steve Fisher (of Fab Five fame) performed a miracle there and made a perennial doormat into a real program. Outstanding coach; better man. His protege Brian Dutcher has them 20-0 so far this year (his 3rd year) and they are a team marked by a true commitment to defense. Fun to watch if you enjoy watching kids play good, hard defense (without the constant fouling/contact of a Huggins team).
If you have CBS Sports, you can check them out this Sunday (tomorrow) at 3pm CST. Of course, they will probably now lose to UNLV after I’ve written this...
I like to keep up with what Utah State is doing. So I try to follow what is happening in the conference. Too bad the games are so damn late for someone on EST.

Reactions: harkesnu

I love the "I believe that we will win" chant. Seems like a really fun place to watch a game. Not to mention that San Diego is a beautiful city. Went to Gaslamp for a business trip, almost didn't come home . . .

Reactions: harkesnu
Update: my joy at watching Indiana blowing today’s game confirms that I definitely have an irrational disdain for the Hoosiers.

ADVERTISEMENT