ADVERTISEMENT

PAC-12 Delays Hoops

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
The PAC-12 today announced that they are delaying ALL sports until 1/1/21, which means basketball won't start in October. I suspect this will happen for the B1G as well.....

Yes! Wrassling also
You realize that only 3 PAC-12 schools have wrestling, Stanford, ASU and Oregon State?

They had a grand total of 1,231 spectators for their championship in Palo Alto. Cal Poly, Cal State Bakersfield and Little Rock also competed......

You realize that only 3 PAC-12 schools have wrestling, Stanford, ASU and Oregon State?

They had a grand total of 1,231 spectators for their championship in Palo Alto. Cal Poly, Cal State Bakersfield and Little Rock also competed......
And Stanford just dropped wrestling as a sport.

I think they (NCAA) might need to delay the start of the basketball season and post-season to account for adjustments and preparations teams are making in response to COVID-19. Will there be May madness instead of March madness in 2021?

I hear ya! But I follow all Northwestern sports with a passion. Wrestling is first,then football,hoops,golf and tennis. What really concerns me now is the tv revenue drop which is gonna sink,like the Titanic, college sports. I'm gravely concerned as college sports provide a great sense of comradarie for students. Anyone know how boring the University of Chicago or Harper College is on the weekends? At Northwestern we can great sports, marching band,etc.

I hear ya! But I follow all Northwestern sports with a passion. Wrestling is first,then football,hoops,golf and tennis. What really concerns me now is the tv revenue drop which is gonna sink,like the Titanic, college sports. I'm gravely concerned as college sports provide a great sense of comradarie for students. Anyone know how boring the University of Chicago or Harper College is on the weekends? At Northwestern we can great sports, marching band,etc.
I took classes at Harper College for 17 years for the fun of it. Went to a few football games during one of their national championships for their comp level. Went to a few basketball games as well with a few of my buddies. They had cheerleaders and dancers. Wrassler...it wasn't boring at all!! What is sad is that Harper dropped their football program several years ago despite all the success it had. Not sure what the basketball program's status is. During any other time than the pandemic shutdown, there is a lot going on at Harper. They have plays, art exhibits, music recitals, and all sorts of fun stuff- not boring at all!! Not as talent-laden as NU's Waa-mu shows and all of Nu's activities though that is for sure. But fun nonetheless!!

I took classes at Harper College for 17 years for the fun of it. Went to a few football games during one of their national championships for their comp level. Went to a few basketball games as well with a few of my buddies. They had cheerleaders and dancers. Wrassler...it wasn't boring at all!! What is sad is that Harper dropped their football program several years ago despite all the success it had. Not sure what the basketball program's status is. During any other time than the pandemic shutdown, there is a lot going on at Harper. They have plays, art exhibits, music recitals, and all sorts of fun stuff- not boring at all!! Not as talent-laden as NU's Waa-mu shows and all of Nu's activities though that is for sure. But fun nonetheless!!
I hear you! We won't be getting a lot of fans either for a while.

Harper has an upset over the NU football Varsity Reserves on the books. Happened in 1975. I wasn't there but the stories were funny. The Harper fans and cheerleaders went wild while the cobbled together NU VR team gave no forethought to the game, played flat, and managed to get beat. Embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT