ADVERTISEMENT

Paddy Fisher

Catreporter

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2007
Number 42 was all over the field making plays at this morning's "spring game" which drew a very nice crowd, peppered with a lot of young Wildcat fans. A really nice event. TJ Green made a couple of nice throws (one in particularly rolling out that resulted in long TD) and Jordan Thompson made some big plays including grabbing a batted pass from Matt Alviti and a couple of nice bull rushes.

Number 42 was all over the field making plays at this morning's "spring game" which drew a very nice crowd, peppered with a lot of young Wildcat fans. A really nice event. TJ Green made a couple of nice throws (one in particularly rolling out that resulted in long TD) and Jordan Thompson made some big plays including grabbing a batted pass from Matt Alviti and a couple of nice bull rushes.
Thanks for the report and wish we could hear more. Photos? Tape? Were any WR staff in attendance?

Thanks for the report and wish we could hear more. Photos? Tape? Were any WR staff in attendance?
Was impressed with Weissenhofer's distance while practicing. He made a 57 yarder that would have easily been good from over 6o yards. also in warm-ups (and some in game) was Aidan Smith's "zip" on the ball. It's a good problem to have with a number of QB's with some skill. But it's just a practice so we'll have to wait until September to really know how we are doing. Also, the size of the OL is increasing .. here's hoping their improvement parallels their size increase.

Reactions: nu greek

Everything I ever hear about Fisher is positive.

Heard some folks even say he's got the inside track to start.

I am not the least bit surprised from what I heard, but isn't it strictly between him and fox as to who starts? Fitz said last week that he expects both of them to play a fair bit this year, but that could've been strictly a diplomatic comment.
PS I hope CatsDad does not get upset with me, but one of the folks I talked to was him. He has particular interest in linebackers as you might imagine, plus he talks to his son. Both he and his son sound like they think Fisher will be a star.

Reactions: CatsDad
CatsDad, want to chime in? What do you think about Fisher?
I think Paddy look very good. He has a natural instinct for the ball. He has good size and moves well. I honestly think he and Jango are going to compliment each other and be a very good pair. I very much like Paddy. He and Larkin are two of my favorites in the 2016 class.

Jango also looked good, despite being under the weather. Saw a lot of snaps.
Thank you. Jango was very sick. He has been for about a week. He definitely lost speed and explosiveness with his illness. He was also only backer in knee braces. Last thing you want to do is get hurt in Spring game. I honestly think we have a great linebacker coach and we have the best DC in the B1G. Our backers will be fine this season. Just can't afford injuries.

Long and Hall are Sam's, Brett Walsh and Jango are Will's, and Fox and Paddy are Mike's.

You seriously took that as a sleight on your son? Come on, man.
Will is the hardest position on the defense to learn . Jango was a SAM moved to Will from injuries. He is learning Will now, which is hard. To come in as a Freshman and learn Will, and adjust from really bad High School competition to B1G. We don't have much depth and two backers are hurt right now. My guess is they would move McGhee down to Sam and Hall to cover whomever gets injured. Sam is the easiest to learn, but most athletic. Hall could play any of the backer positions.

Will is the hardest position on the defense to learn . Jango was a SAM moved to Will from injuries. He is learning Will now, which is hard. To come in as a Freshman and learn Will, and adjust from really bad High School competition to B1G. We don't have much depth and two backers are hurt right now. My guess is they would move McGhee down to Sam and Hall to cover whomever gets injured. Sam is the easiest to learn, but most athletic. Hall could play any of the backer positions.

Still didn't answer the question.

All I'm saying is that I think Gallagher will be physically ready, especially if he is on campus over the summer. Won't be easy, but can be done. There's a reason he had the early offers that he had

Still didn't answer the question.

All I'm saying is that I think Gallagher will be physically ready, especially if he is on campus over the summer. Won't be easy, but can be done. There's a reason he had the early offers that he had
Jango had ten offers as a Sophomore, but wasn't ready to play as a Freshman. The defense here is very complex. The Will makes the calls on the field.

Jango had ten offers as a Sophomore, but wasn't ready to play as a Freshman. The defense here is very complex. The Will makes the calls on the field.
For CatsDad and gocatsgo2003: Do you guys know each other----I mean like personally?

I thought Long looked pretty good too coming off the edge. Like Cats Dad, I think our linebacking will be fine minus injuries. I don't think Fox played at all.

Jango only weighs 205 pounds from what I was told. That's not near big enough to play B1G linebacker right now.

I thought the D looked very good. All facets. Paddy has good speed for his size. McGee is going to be hard to keep off the field. Didn't know Jango was ill. The bat spin game at the end probably didn't do Jango any favors. I think we have at least 2 ready at all 3 LB positions.

Reactions: CatsDad
There is no way he only weighs 205 lbs based on some of the recent picture I saw.
Jango last weighted in at 218. He also has 5 months to add weight. I think ideal weight would be 225 lbs. So if he gains just over a pound a month he will be fine.

Luke Kuechly played at 225 in college. Many of the B1G backers are around 225. You don't want to give up speed for size.

Brett Walsh was about 215 last season and did a great job filling in for an injured Prater.

Okay so Jango has about 20 pounds to go, and hopefully without sacrificing speed. GoCatsGo wasn't slighting him, he might just not be physically ready to play quite yet. Gallagher might be.

Okay so Jango has about 20 pounds to go, and hopefully without sacrificing speed. GoCatsGo wasn't slighting him, he might just not be physically ready to play quite yet. Gallagher might be.
20lbs? More like 7 lbs, or two. He would be fine anywhere from 220 to 225. Weight has very little to do with being ready to play. You have to know the on field reads and calls at Will.

20lbs? More like 7 lbs

Was told Jango is at ~205 pounds and physically can't shed blocks at B1G level right now. That doesn't mean he can't or won't with time, just that at this time he's not quite B1G ready yet. Walsh is still 10 pounds heavier and yes, did an adequate job while playing last year. And comparing anyone to probably the best LB on planet earth in Keuchly is swimming upstream. He's the exception, not the rule

Was told Jango is at ~205 pounds and physically can't shed blocks at B1G level right now. That doesn't mean he can't or won't with time, just that at this time he's not quite B1G ready yet. Walsh is still 10 pounds heavier and yes, did an adequate job while playing last year. And comparing anyone to probably the best LB on planet earth in Keuchly is swimming upstream. He's the exception, not the rule
Jango is 218, so whomever told you was wrong. Also look at MSU roster their backers are 220 ish

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT