ADVERTISEMENT

Paging GCG for Recruiting Thoughts

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
NSD is only about 3 weeks hence. We probably have 2 scholarships to award. Apparently we needn't worry about Nathan Fox. Need we worry about Grant Perry?

It looks our remaining recruits who might be serious about NU are either safeties or cornerbacks. Any thoughts on who might round out what looks to be a very nice class?

Check the Rock - lots of recruiting discussion going on there.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Nice little discussion RE Grant Perry and even a good one liner.

Originally posted by Hungry Jack:
NSD is only about 3 weeks hence. We probably have 2 scholarships to award. Apparently we needn't worry about Nathan Fox. Need we worry about Grant Perry?

It looks our remaining recruits who might be serious about NU are either safeties or cornerbacks. Any thoughts on who might round out what looks to be a very nice class?
With the giant caveat that I have literally no insider information and this is all just my guess based on my experience:

i) We need to worry about every single recruit until the ink is dry on the LOIs. For this reason, coaches continue to actively recruit our commitments up to Signing Day. It should help that most of the guys are visiting this coming weekend.

This is especially true particularly for Perry. Given his personal relationship with the Harbaugh family and his quarterback already headed there, I'm sure Harbaugh has him on his "go-to" list in the event that he cannot get higher-profile guys committed. The call from UM could happen a day or two before Signing Day and, I suspect, legitimately carries the risk that Perry could flip to the Wolverines.

ii) If there are recruits there to take the scholarships, I would guess we have at least three or four scholarships available at this point.

iii) There seems to be renewed interest in building out a recruiting board at DB, which is good. That pool has been quite shallow for some time. I do not know whether that is in recognition that some of our young talent hasn't progressed or related to position changes (I still think Henry would make a great SAM backer) or other reasons. But bringing in Williams and Cisrow for visits as well as extending a late offer to Petrishen tells me that we want more depth at safety.

iv) With all the recent movement amongst coaching staffs, it will be interesting to see whether there are any notable decommitments in the coming days. We may be able to snatch up one or two good prospects if they're cut loose elsewhere.

No guesses on who might fill out the rest of the class, since there's still plenty of time for things to change both at Northwestern and at other schools. The couple of weeks between the Dead Period and Signing Day are always an extremely hectic time for recruiting offices.

I am still hoping for another OL commit. Do not get me wrong; I like the guys we have coming in already, but thought all along that we need 4 or 5 OL recruits this year.

Originally posted by Aging Booster:
I am still hoping for another OL commit. Do not get me wrong; I like the guys we have coming in already, but thought all along that we need 4 or 5 OL recruits this year.
While another OL commit would be great as well, I just don't see anyone remaining on the board absent a late-bloomer or decommitment from another school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT