ADVERTISEMENT

Parking ideas?

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
Normally, I would park in Wilmette and walk down. That's a bit of a trek, even for a cheapskate like me. I can still park there and either Uber or CTA, wondering what others are thinking.

• Love
Reactions: NUCat320
I think Gragg’s parking spot is an option. Or the one reserved for Schill.
Im planning on parking in downtown Evanston for $5 bucks. Check SpotHero app. 1.2 mile walk to the stadium. Shuttle available with drop off on Sheridan near Long field. Plenty of takeout options near downtown to pack a pregame meal to enjoyon a bench on the lakefront campus ( Hecky's BarBQ,Evanston Chicken Shack etc). A bit different from past years but a nice affordable alternative.

It will be interesting to see how far parking is restricted on the side streets west of Sheridan. We're only talking a crowd of 13K or so. I can't believe they would restrict parking past Sherman. A lot of residents need it.

Im planning on parking in downtown Evanston for $5 bucks. Check SpotHero app. 1.2 mile walk to the stadium. Shuttle available with drop off on Sheridan near Long field. Plenty of takeout options near downtown to pack a pregame meal to enjoyon a bench on the lakefront campus ( Hecky's BarBQ,Evanston Chicken Shack etc). A bit different from past years but a nice affordable alternative.
Just came here to endorse SpotHero. Never once had a problem with it. Great app.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Isn't that permit parking? Haven't tried to park there in a long time.
Maybe but hard to say it would be during the day. Otherwise people would have to call the police anytime they had anyone even visit for a couple hours

Last edited:
Normally, I would park in Wilmette and walk down. That's a bit of a trek, even for a cheapskate like me. I can still park there and either Uber or CTA, wondering what others are thinking.
I parked for over 25 years on Colfax just west of Ridge. The west half of the block is open parking and the east half is permit. I would guess that block is roughly equidistant between Ryan Field and The Lakepill. I am not attending tomorrrow’s game but if I were that is where I would park.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT