ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Baldwin Jr. headliner among 4 Top 100 NU visitors

NU basketball is on the cusp of a Golden Era. The McIntosh / Law/ Pardon / Skelly class got us on the map, and now we have the opportunity to take it to another level. Exciting times!

NU basketball is on the cusp of a Golden Era. The McIntosh / Law/ Pardon / Skelly class got us on the map, and now we have the opportunity to take it to another level. Exciting times!
Wasn't Pardon in the next class? Are you thinking Lindsey?

that we're even getting these guys in to take a serious look shows the progress the program has made

I think this is the key. Kids are taking a serious look. Baldwin and Christie have NU family ties. I think we should pull a Missouri and hire Baldwins dad as an assistant, he seems qualified. :rolleyes: Collins has been recruiting DJ Steward forever. The kid from Indiana seems a little more of a reach only bc there does not appear to be an NU connection and Indiana, Purdue and Butler all appear to be targeting him.

Reactions: Medill '03
nance as a 6'10 junior (if he is still here)
beran as a 6'9 soph
jones as a 6'9 soph
baldwin as a 6'9 frosh

thats a LONG 4 man lineup with anyone else playing the 5th spot!

beran as a 6'9 soph
jones as a 6'9 soph
baldwin as a 6'9 frosh

Wouldn't Nance be a senior in 2021 when Baldwin enters college?

beran as a 6'9 soph
jones as a 6'9 soph
baldwin as a 6'9 frosh

One year missing... class of 2020. Assuming you are just looking at Wings:

Nance .. Sr .. 6 10
Kopp .. Sr .. 6 7
Beran .. Jr .. 6 9
2020?? .. So
Baldwin ..Fr .. 6 9
Christie .. Fr .. 6 6

I'm assuming that Jones becomes a Big similar to Pardon along with Young.

Anyway, that would be some good and versatile length at the Wing Spots. Not sure I'm seeing PBJ or Christie as the lead guard; not quite quick enough. But with their skills, they would make really tough match ups on the wings.

A guy can dream, right?,

beran as a 6'9 soph
jones as a 6'9 soph
baldwin as a 6'9 frosh

Stop, you're getting the team hot and bothered. Our team can only stand so erect.

Last edited:
Reactions: mickbula
Stop, you're getting the team hot and bothered. Our team can only stand so erect.
maxresdefault.jpg

Could PBaldwin Jr. be our bball team's equivalent of Hunter Johnson? Gosh, the fact that he might actually get taller than 6'8" and we might land him makes me in awe of the amazing possibility!

Could PBaldwin Jr. be our bball team's equivalent of Hunter Johnson? Gosh, the fact that he might actually get taller than 6'8" and we might land him makes me in awe of the amazing possibility!
He's the #1 recruit in the country. He would be program defining.

^ May already have a program defining player already on the team (or incoming), but yeah, when it comes to recruiting, would be earth-shattering.

Depends on how things play out, PBJ may not have to spend a yr at college, but the good thing is that the 'Cats have a shot at 2 such players in the 2021 class.

Don't know if PBJ will end up picking the 'Cats, but if he has the option of going straight to the NBA, wouldn't be surprised if he still plays 1 season at college.

While it would be difficult to pass up lottery pick $$, it's not like PBJ's family isn't comfortable financially and you only get that frosh college experience once (esp. being at the same age as your classmates).

It'll come down to a risk analysis re injury.

Met PBJ against McKendree. Randomly sat right next to him the entire game. Shot the shit with him for a couple minutes.

There's no "might actually" get taller than 6'8'' about him. He is 10000% going to be taller than 6'8''. I'd say around 6'10". I wouldn't say he's quite 6'8" yet but the kid has a ton of growing left to do

Oh, and he knows the entire fight song (obviously) and would emphatically pump his fist at the "U-rah-rah" part. It was awesome

Wasn't Pardon in the next class? Are you thinking Lindsey?
Lindsey would not see the floor for more than five minutes a game on our current roster. Every guy on our team can play solid defense. Their would be a team mutiny if Lindsey was out there dragging his feet like last year. This is a sweet sixteen team this year.

Met PBJ against McKendree. Randomly sat right next to him the entire game. Shot the shit with him for a couple minutes.

There's no "might actually" get taller than 6'8'' about him. He is 10000% going to be taller than 6'8''. I'd say around 6'10". I wouldn't say he's quite 6'8" yet but the kid has a ton of growing left to do

Oh, and he knows the entire fight song (obviously) and would emphatically pump his fist at the "U-rah-rah" part. It was awesome

Cool. Was Christie sitting there too?

^
Don't know if PBJ will end up picking the 'Cats, but if he has the option of going straight to the NBA, wouldn't be surprised if he still plays 1 season at college.

While it would be difficult to pass up lottery pick $$, it's not like PBJ's family isn't comfortable financially and you only get that frosh college experience once (esp. being at the same age as your classmates).

It'll come down to a risk analysis re injury.
There are some life experiences money can't buy and until someone builds a time machine the college experience is one of them. Given his dad's occupation, I would think there would be some support for the idea that college is a life growth experience.
I can't say I would want my 18 year old son thrust into the life style of pro BB right out of High school. IN truth however I don't really know much about that life style so I probably shouldn't judge it too harshly. I just hate to see kids of any age have to grow up prematurely.

I think this is the key. Kids are taking a serious look. Baldwin and Christie have NU family ties. I think we should pull a Missouri and hire Baldwins dad as an assistant, he seems qualified. :rolleyes: Collins has been recruiting DJ Steward forever. The kid from Indiana seems a little more of a reach only bc there does not appear to be an NU connection and Indiana, Purdue and Butler all appear to be targeting him.
Doesn't Baldwin's dad still have a gig as a HC?

There are some life experiences money can't buy and until someone builds a time machine the college experience is one of them. Given his dad's occupation, I would think there would be some support for the idea that college is a life growth experience.
I can't say I would want my 18 year old son thrust into the life style of pro BB right out of High school. IN truth however I don't really know much about that life style so I probably shouldn't judge it too harshly. I just hate to see kids of any age have to grow up prematurely.
I would be perfectly fine if I had a son going directly to the NBA for $40M, half guaranteed. In fact, I would be shoving him out the door for that kind of scratch.

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
ADVERTISEMENT